Thread: Information Thread! How the Pinks/Sets work in Ancient Caverns!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Exclamation Information Thread! How the Pinks/Sets work in Ancient Caverns!

Here's a thread explaining how the pink drops work. I made some mistakes in my earlier assumptions, but I think I have it all understood now.

The level 75 versions of the Raging, Runed and Ferocious "Blackstone" items you are getting are the main campaign gear of the Ancient Caverns expansion much like the "Dragonscale" gear of the Blacksmoke Mountain expansion. They are uncrafted, and can be later crafted.
    But, unlike the Dragonscale items, why do these new Blackstone items lack the prefix of Lxx, as in L75 Beastly Dragonscale Scythe?

This is because these items are scaled.
    No one has looted an ACTUAL default Blackstone drop yet, because these only drop to level 77s.
    The actual default Blackstone item name has a L77 prefix. For example, L77 Ferocious Blackstone Dagger.
    With that said, these items are confirmed then to scale down to 75 and to 73.
    Retracting one of my previous posts, I don't think these items can further scale down to level 71, as scaling PREVIOUSLY only went down 2 tiers, four levels at maximum.

Furthermore, when you loot a L77 item, it will have the correct L77 prefix. So, basically, all the pinks we are looting now and putting into CS CANNOT BE CRAFTED into the final L77 crafted sets. They instead form scaled level 73 and level 75 sets, much like L71 and L73 beastly scythe sets. It is again unconfirmed if they give set bonuses uncrafted and scaled, but it is very likely they do.

Next, understand that since Blackstone sets account for both 1-hand/shield and 2-hand gear sets, there is NO OTHER pink gear that can be looted from Ancient Caverns. The "Crystalline" L25 recolored items are the crafted L77 Lustrous Earthen sets, of which Remien posted photos. You can enter Ancient Caverns towne by going through Temporal Rift in the center of the Sandstones Cave towne and talk to Tim the Enchanter eventually to craft these items. As of now, while the crafting option IS available, and we already know what some of the crafted items look like (thanks to Remiem's post), we are unable to craft these items due to a lack of L77s to farm the craftable versions of the pinks, and because the other main crafting components have not been added to the boss loot tables yet (Magical Essences, which are the Natural Red Diamonds/Ocean Blue Diamonds of this campaign's crafting mechanics, new attribute gems- Energy Gem, Fury Gem, and Might Gem, which are new versions of the Presto's, Focus, Gladiator's Gems, and new level 77 crafting pink recipes). The "Earthquake" L25 recolored items are the purple Sandstorm items that drop from Ancient Caverns. This means that all the L25 SSC items have been accounted for in terms of recoloring, and thus the "Onyx" recolored items are the main campaign uncrafted pinks, L77/L75/L73 Ferocious/Raging/Runed in comparison to L75/L73/L71 Flying/Beastly/Sharp.

So, essentially:
    Blackstone items are the "Dragonscale" drops of this campaign. They are the only pinks that will drop in Ancient Caverns.
    Craftable pinks are the Blackstone pinks, but they are level 77 by default. All the ones you have seen by far are level 75 SCALED versions that CANNOT be crafted into the L77 crafted Lustrous Earthen sets.
    Last edited by Whirlzap; 07-31-2014 at 09:41 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Whirlzap For This Useful Post: