Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A serious looting system need to be thought up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default A serious looting system need to be thought up

I mean really. Pinks and Purples are soo rare now, when one drops the other members of the group refuse to give it away. They cannot use this item, and may never will use it, but since it is a rare item they want to hold on to it forever.

It is stupid. The items drops are random to random people. You can solo (which is very annoying btw, but thats for another rant thread) but it is frustratingly boring and impractical.

Here is a little thing I thought of that would require no interaction by the players, something that a need or greed system would. Also you wouldn't have to worry about ninjas like with a need or greed system. It would go like this:

Rare/Legendary item drops.
    • Dropped item requires 100 strength.
    • Anyone in the group with 100 strength has priority to get the item
    • If there are two or more people with 100 str then it would be random between the two.
    • If a group member already has dropped item he or she is automatically passed for priority on the item.
    • If all the group members who have meet the requirements for dropped item have it already then it would be passed to a random member of the entire group.
    • For bosses, every group member gets an item, and everything would be the same for any item not pink or purple.

I am only suggesting this system for items dropped that are Rare or Legendary (pink and purple items) as I do not know how much of strain a system like this would have on our iDevices. It is just annoying when a great item drops, and some selfish group member gets it. Especially when said member refuses to trade for it unless you give the recipient of the item an arm and a leg for it.
    Last edited by TheBaconKing; 05-16-2010 at 08:55 PM. Reason: Typo / Spelling

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

You know stupid is spelled s-t-u-p-i-d

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Obliteration View Post
    You know stupid is spelled s-t-u-p-i-d
    Whoops!! Thanks Just fixed it!

EDIT: But seriously nothing to say about the system or my suggestion?
    Last edited by TheBaconKing; 05-11-2010 at 04:11 PM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The problem with this set-up is that looting right now is completely independent of the other characters. You have an individual chance of getting an item and it doesn't even take other players into consideration. All five party members could theoretically get the same pink drop from killing a boss.

And I don't think it's necessarily selfish of a player to want to hold onto their rare drop unless you have something good to trade to them. Sure, I'd love to get all the drops that are good for my character, but it just doesn't work like that. As long as items aren't "bind-on-pickup" I think the upcoming secure trading system is the best answer to this problem.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Well I think loot should drop to the correct class.
    But drop rates are so ludicrous right now why complain.
    They haven't listened to our begging about loot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

WAIT?
    Wasnt everyone just complaining that "rares" dropped TOO MUCH
    Make up your mind

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Well I think loot should drop to the correct class.
    But drop rates are so ludicrous right now why complain.
    They haven't listened to our begging about loot.
    Soo wait you are saying that everything drops too much? If so I would have to disagree. I think that the drop rate is low, but it is at the right level.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobikuma View Post
    WAIT?
    Wasnt everyone just complaining that "rares" dropped TOO MUCH
    Make up your mind
    I am not complaining about the "drop rate" of items. I am complaining about how they are distributed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The thing is many people have a character of each class. if I drop something my Enchantress can use while Im playing on my archer, I dont think its really greedy to want to keep it for her.

I think the drop rate / distribution is fine at the moment, and will only get better after trading is available / (better).

The loot itself I have issue with though, most of it just plain sucks. most items white through green are all crap, with purple being good, and pink being good with a very few items being great.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I like lewt this way. Low drop rates are gr8. I agree we need a looting system. I like roll systems. Part of the reason ppl keep lewt now is cuz everything is tradable. If they where bop's less ppl would keep or ninja lewt. In due time my friends due time.
    Jovains- Enchantress(Supportress)
    Jovian- Archer

LEGENDS Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

People also keep the items so that they can trade or sell hence v1.2 duh.
    I think the current loot system is good now. Too many frequent changes on such a sensitive feature of a game can be annoying for many ppl as well and/or not fair once again.
    Arcane Legends: Hyun

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheBaconKing View Post
    Soo wait you are saying that everything drops too much? If so I would have to disagree. I think that the drop rate is low, but it is at the right level.

I am not complaining about the "drop rate" of items. I am complaining about how they are distributed.
    No I'm saying the drop rate sucks, but the Devs don't listen to our complaining, so why complain.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow lol u only read part of my post and responded. That's why gear needs to be bop. To detour Ninja looters. It also makes gear rarer and more vailiable. Personaly I'm tired of seeing good pinks and purps for enchatresses that I could use go to tanks and archers that don't need em. Loot systems need to be the fairest it can and this one is but isn't. And btw I don't feel that I should have to trade some one a piece of gear that I really need when I'm doing as much or more work keeping them alive in the grp. I'm the type of player that gives the drops I don't need away to the players that need them. When my team is in their bis I kno they can preform the best it's a win win IMO. But not everyone is a ms selfless as I am.
    Jovian- Archer

LEGENDS Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No I'm saying the drop rate sucks, but the Devs don't listen to our complaining, so why complain.
    Actually, I think the current drop rate was in response to players complaining that the previous drop rates were too generous. Everyone had five sets of pink bone armour. Once you've hit the level cap, and you have everything your characters need, then why keep playing? People were getting bored.

I can't say for sure that the drop rate was changed solely because of players' complaints, or if those complaints were just one part of the Devs' overall picture. But I can say for sure that the Devs listen to our complaints. They might not always agree with your complaints, and so you won't always get the changes you want ... but the Devs are listening.

That said, I like the current drop rate. Epimetheus hit the level cap right around the same time as he acquired a nearly-full set of pink Swamp gear. (Still looking for a pink Swamp shield!) That "feels" right to me. Higher drop rates might seem attractive at first, but they can lead to boredom as everyone has everything they could ever want.

The game should keep us wanting a little bit more. If we get everything we want too quickly, we'll become bored....
    Characters: Epimetheus - Lvl 56 Warrior (main character), Atropos - Lvl 50 Enchantress, Aereus - Lvl 50 Archer
    I was a warrior before warriors became cool....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

----Wrong----

Ogrim-lvl 50-Ursan Alta-lvl 45-Enchantress Broke-lvl 45-Avian
    Venom Website: http://venom.forumn.net

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jovians View Post
    Wow lol u only read part of my post and responded. That's why gear needs to be bop. To detour Ninja looters. It also makes gear rarer and more vailiable. Personaly I'm tired of seeing good pinks and purps for enchatresses that I could use go to tanks and archers that don't need em. Loot systems need to be the fairest it can and this one is but isn't. And btw I don't feel that I should have to trade some one a piece of gear that I really need when I'm doing as much or more work keeping them alive in the grp. I'm the type of player that gives the drops I don't need away to the players that need them. When my team is in their bis I kno they can preform the best it's a win win IMO. But not everyone is a ms selfless as I am.
    i give away stuff i dont need when im farming with a group of 5... usually my group tries to equip everyone with pinks fair and square... and not hog stuff we don't particularly need... its priority to equip the main character in the group now and worry about our alternate character later... i have a group thing going and its great... feel free to join in... my name is in the signature
    Smokestar - Lvl 77 Pure Dex Bird
    FAMILY NOOBSFORLIFE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well thanks for the invite. I play mainly on my supportress and would love to join in on the fun.
    Jovian- Archer

LEGENDS Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I don't understand what your saying, for one, EVERY person can use everything that drops.. Its called respec and putting the points where they want, that's for saying they cant use it. For two he didn't say rares drop to much he said they are rare and when they do drop ppl cant use them so they need a better trade lololol. There is no trade right now so the sooner you learn that the better off you'll be to NOT GIVE it away to someone you don't know for one, then come cry because they didn't GIVE you something back haha. The gear isn't class dependent so it does suck, but hey if they handed it to you all the time why play?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Your just sad lol, I think Farmville is more your game. Why do you want it easy? Lol ohh no the drop rate sucks I have to wait and play more to get what i want boo whoo!! Why should they listen, you didn't help make the game, and its PART of the game. You guys are making this game more then what it is NOW, it'll be big in the future but your complaints are so minor, that if i was them I'd ignore you too. LOOT is not easy, YES you have to play to get it...even if it means 10 days straight and not sleeping lol..you cant do that, then a MMO is not for you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Keep it real keep in organic

To keep the game real and organic the drops need to work as is. Its random luck what you get and that is fair. In the real world if someone came upon a rare item outside of their use would they just give it away to someone who can us it? Well that depends on the person and hence that is why the system that is set up works perfect. Nothing is fair its chance and that is exactly how it should play. As soon as the DEV's start stacking things to prioritize specific players the game will be ruined. I think its awesome that a level 15 can get what the level 35 wants... I dunno it makes sense to me.

Now what would be really cool is if the level 30 wanted to take it from the 15 he could beat him senseless and rip it from his paws. Now that would be the right direction. Let people have the agency to do what they want.
    Last edited by Gouki; 05-13-2010 at 10:35 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nerdherd View Post
    As long as items aren't "bind-on-pickup" I think the upcoming secure trading system is the best answer to this problem.
    Copperheads Wammo the Hammo is bind on pick up. Just a thought. I agree with some of your ideas Bacon, but I think the community is still too small to get in to a complex trading system. Right now, I would like the Devs to create an outline for a better system and let us see their concept, let the community work out ideas and have it implemented before we reach end game (hopefully where an uber tough boss always drops a nice item.)

Quote Originally Posted by Gouki View Post
    To keep the game real and organic the drops need to work as is.
    Bacon's point is that it is NOT organic. Zeke carries a voodoo staff, why would he (potentially) carry 5 sniper bayou bows? I've never seen this, of course, but a Boss wouldn't carry 5 swampy stompers around either, he would use one (unless the weapon was his arm?)
    Last edited by Rannos; 05-13-2010 at 10:49 AM.
    Rannos - 35 Warrior
    Applicant of Venom
    venom.forumn.net