Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: excessive damage from ancient caverns mobs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Perf View Post
    Yeah cause standing to a wall and pressing a skill is hard hmm... Yeah yeah I know, its like harder than maths exams yeah!
    you would be suprised how many bears run behind the ,ages and dont spam taunt tho maybe its different in endgame idk
    nothing lasts forever

Senior Member synfullmagic_23110's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    285 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Burningdex View Post
    you would be suprised how many bears run behind the ,ages and dont spam taunt tho maybe its different in endgame idk
    End game is wurs
    hai doods

Why should I say I'll have strangers come over to my house!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Covert View Post
    I think mobs should require teamwork but one hitting isn't fun either, esp when bears can't keep aggro even with their taunts

Also the tornados srsly need an HP reduction

And why are big golems/ bosses immune to knock backs? Since it's a reused SSC I expect everything to be the same dangit!
    Nope wont happen, it will just result in more people quitting like some have already becasuse of the xp needed to cap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Covert:1761061

And why are big golems/ bosses immune to knock backs? Since it's a reused SSC I expect everything to be the same dangit!
    Same reason why you can't pull or move a 100ton golem...logics...?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts

I've done some more experimenting with the unexpected instant death that seems to happen. I was playing on my rhino and noticed that sometimes after I hit my heal, I don't see my health charge up the way I'm used to. This was very weird because that's one of the nice things about rhino: heal makes health regen very high for a few seconds, helping withstand a barrage of attacks (i.e. tank better). But I noticed that my health bar was stopped completely, even though my savage set has base 42 H/s and with regen on it shoots up to 80+.

It turns out the the culprit is this guy.

Name:  magic-golem.png
Views: 149
Size:  9.8 KB

When this guy hits you with his flying boulder (I guess it's the golem form of magic attack) it messes up you H/s and M/s. I caught it in the act on another char:

Name:  neg-regen.png
Size:  18.9 KB

That negative health is 85 points below the normal H/s for that char.

This is what happens when you unexpectedly die super fast. I'm not sure if negative health regen actually causes health to go down constantly (i.e. reverse heal) or just "turns off" the regen you're used to. Either way the massive "un-heal" penalty is what messes things up and leads to the quick death phenomenon people are seeing.

I'm not sure if this is intentional or a bug, but it's a pretty lame way to instant kill people. STS should really fix this.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fusionstrike For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

I'm curious, why does he only have 9 dodge and 47 armor?

You Only Lose When You Give Up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    285 Posts

Yes ikr I noticed that too the regen debug is insane lol
    hai doods

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    285 Posts

Default excessive damage from ancient caverns mobs

Quote Originally Posted by Fusionstrike View Post
    I've done some more experimenting with the unexpected instant death that seems to happen. I was playing on my rhino and noticed that sometimes after I hit my heal, I don't see my health charge up the way I'm used to. This was very weird because that's one of the nice things about rhino: heal makes health regen very high for a few seconds, helping withstand a barrage of attacks (i.e. tank better). But I noticed that my health bar was stopped completely, even though my savage set has base 42 H/s and with regen on it shoots up to 80+.

It turns out the the culprit is this guy.

Name:  magic-golem.png
Size:  9.8 KB

When this guy hits you with his flying boulder (I guess it's the golem form of magic attack) it messes up you H/s and M/s. I caught it in the act on another char:

Name:  neg-regen.png
Size:  18.9 KB

That negative health is 85 points below the normal H/s for that char.

This is what happens when you unexpectedly die super fast. I'm not sure if negative health regen actually causes health to go down constantly (i.e. reverse heal) or just "turns off" the regen you're used to. Either way the massive "un-heal" penalty is what messes things up and leads to the quick death phenomenon people are seeing.

I'm not sure if this is intentional or a bug, but it's a pretty lame way to instant kill people. STS should really fix this.
    No it just really lowers how muh u regen so u don't even regen at all I been experiencing this on Mage when I ms and they are dead my mama doesn't come back and than I noticed that my regen was about -68
    hai doods

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by killinclaw View Post
    I'm curious, why does he only have 9 dodge and 47 armor?
    Yeah, good question. I didn't even notice that over the negative regen. That's like 100 lower than normal. Maybe it's a massive armor debuff in addition? That would certainly help explain why people get steamrolled out of the blue if they're getting hit by all those effects at once. I took the screenshot after being hit by a single foe (I was careful to pull only one), so this is not stacked debuffs but one guy doing all this simultaneously.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Fusionstrike For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

i commented on this in another thread, I actually really like the combat since it is a bit more challenging

but why farm here vs plasma pyramid, mega maze, or blacksmoke

if the mobs/bosses had a higher xp multiplier here it would be more rewarding and encouraging to get people to play here

13. The Following User Says Thank You to tarlan For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Default excessive damage from ancient caverns mobs

Solution : Cap in blacksmoke xp is the same and way faster.
    "lol" - Ballins ™
    Pues
    Somemager
    Specifying

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Bring a tank ?
    thats right, but new 77 gear should have better stats than 75 one, ancient caverns are way harder to go through than BSM, there should be a relation gear<=>enemeys
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts

Here's a little more info about the caverns mobs.

The ones I originally highlighted seem to do the regen and armor debuff the most often. I've also seen the big golems be able to do it too, although it seems to happen less often. If you see the "broken sword" icon appear on you, it means you're debuffed. Unfortunately, you can't always see when it hits you since only the first 5 effects show up, and those with thrashers will never see it because all slots are taken by the various elixirs.

In any event, if you get debuffed, you need to start pounding health potions and running away as quickly as you can, or else just resign yourself to needing a rev. Hitting heal on yourself can help (for rhino and mage) but with no health regen it's only going to buy you a second or two to retreat.

The armor debuff seems to take about 150 points away. For a typical savage/swift/fiery set user (the majority leveling there now), this armor level is the equivalent of armor between L55 and L60 sets (so basically a little lower than demonic). This is why you find yourself suddenly dead when things were going just fine a second ago. You wouldn't expect to last very long in a L60 set, but that's what you have when you get hit with this debuff.

The only viable way to deal with this is to kill the mage golems as quickly as possible. The team should focus on them first, focusing damage and stuns as much as possible. One mistake I see is teams getting locked on big golems or sand storms, which soak up damage for a long time while the little golems stand around hitting their debuffs. Players must pay attention and focus on the weaker small golems, especially the mage ones, since they are by far the most dangerous. Despite Samhayne's flippant response, tanks are not the answer, since they're just as dead at -150 armor and no health regen, and they certainly don't hold aggro anywhere near well enough anyway.

STS needs to tune down this debuff to make the area playable for all builds. This one debuff is the reason non-str builds are just farming deaths by playing this area. Without this extreme debuff, standard strategies for weaker builds to stay out of trouble would become workable again.

Edit: Further testing has shown me that all the golems are capable of the massive armor debuff, not just the magic ones. I also made sure to have fewer than 5 effect indicators on (so I could see the debuff) but found that my armor could be reduced without any indicator (e.g. no "broken sword" or anything else showing up). So pretty much anything in the caverns can steal your armor at any time, and there's no reliable indicator that it has happened until you start losing unusually high chunks of health.
    Last edited by Fusionstrike; 08-04-2014 at 01:32 PM. Reason: correct debuff sources

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fusionstrike For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Somemager View Post
    Solution : Cap in blacksmoke xp is the same and way faster.
    so in other words dont play the "new" area
    thankz for help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    285 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fusionstrike View Post
    Here's a little more info about the caverns mobs.

The ones I originally highlighted seem to do the regen and armor debuff the most often. I've also seen the big golems be able to do it too, although it seems to happen less often. If you see the "broken sword" icon appear on you, it means you're debuffed. Unfortunately, you can't always see when it hits you since only the first 5 effects show up, and those with thrashers will never see it because all slots are taken by the various elixirs.

In any event, if you get debuffed, you need to start pounding health potions and running away as quickly as you can, or else just resign yourself to needing a rev. Hitting heal on yourself can help (for rhino and mage) but with no health regen it's only going to buy you a second or two to retreat.

The armor debuff seems to take about 150 points away. For a typical savage/swift/fiery set user (the majority leveling there now), this armor level is the equivalent of armor between L55 and L60 sets (so basically a little lower than demonic). This is why you find yourself suddenly dead when things were going just fine a second ago. You wouldn't expect to last very long in a L60 set, but that's what you have when you get hit with this debuff.

The only viable way to deal with this is to kill the mage golems as quickly as possible. The team should focus on them first, focusing damage and stuns as much as possible. One mistake I see is teams getting locked on big golems or sand storms, which soak up damage for a long time while the little golems stand around hitting their debuffs. Players must pay attention and focus on the weaker small golems, especially the mage ones, since they are by far the most dangerous. Despite Samhayne's flippant response, tanks are not the answer, since they're just as dead at -150 armor and no health regen, and they certainly don't hold aggro anywhere near well enough anyway.

STS needs to tune down this debuff to make the area playable for all builds. This one debuff is the reason non-str builds are just farming deaths by playing this area. Without this extreme debuff, standard strategies for weaker builds to stay out of trouble would become workable again.

Edit: Further testing has shown me that all the golems are capable of the massive armor debuff, not just the magic ones. I also made sure to have fewer than 5 effect indicators on (so I could see the debuff) but found that my armor could be reduced without any indicator (e.g. no "broken sword" or anything else showing up). So pretty much anything in the caverns can steal your armor at any time, and there's no reliable indicator that it has happened until you start losing unusually high chunks of health.
    I also think rebuffs stack cause I had -140 hp regen
    hai doods

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts

Yeah I don't always see the same armor and regen reduction (sometimes much larger than others) so I agree with you that they must stack. Oh, and the broken sword indicator I mentioned earlier is a different debuff (reduced damage I presume), so there's no indicator at all for the big armor/regen destroyer.