Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: When you were new..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Default When you were new..

I thought it would be kinda fun and nice for new players to see that even us "experienced" players were new once. In this game, well any game really everyone is so quick to through out Noob etc when people don't know what they're doing. I myself get frustrated at times in pvp and pve with people, but then I just have to sit back and go yea I was new once too. I started in season 4, and still have moments when I trip up.

So for this thread list some things that you did when you were new, that you look back on now and go wow I was such a noob..

I'll start:

The first time I saw someone say I need pot (they left out the s) I immediately thought the wrong thing and was half tempted to speak up and say that was inappropriate... how I laugh at that now.

I also thought lepre was a pet.. and kept searching the CS for some mysterious pet everyone was always yelling about. Took me a week to figure out it wasn't... Yea sad!

My first time in PVP I was that player that was stalking my teams flagger to make sure they made it safe. I got a lot of "Um.. What are you doing?" comments and the "Stop following me.." ..silly me!

Most recently though I had a noob moment in Elite Caves wearing the wild amulet... While fighting the boss the strength proc went off, I found myself.. *cough* running from myself...haha Thought it was the red zone for the pools.
    Last edited by Raregem; 08-02-2014 at 12:41 PM.

2. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Raregem For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    117 Posts

I started about 2 months before nordr, still didn't LV cap in time... SIGH
    I was crazy before it was fashionable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    100 Posts

I started in season 1. I used to distribute equal base skill points to str int and dex xD

Retired.

5. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to yasshh For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

Default When you were new..

I thought mythic armor was supposed to be upgraded with gems XD. I didn't know about luck reroll and locks until someone told me at lvl 35 XD
    Last edited by obee; 08-04-2014 at 07:10 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to obee For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    275 Posts

I didnt know how to get skills until i was in travelers outpost.
    I thought that you had to press some Button or something to Reroll, and asked several players how to Reroll,
    They all answered "lepre, duh" and i was like "yeah, but Where do u press to Reroll?!"
    I thought deary was a awesome PET, and still today he is one of my most leveled. -_-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

I remember when I Fought captain Hatley with only my Mage and a warrior both at only level 17. Took about 45 mins and most of the fight I just ran and use heal and shield while Clyde did the killing.

In fact most of my early Mage boss fights went like that lol. Me running and trying to survive while Clyde punched away.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

I still protect the flag carrier if it's a random noobie , but when I first started each lvl I put 2 points in dex/int/str cause I was clueless what was good, I also named all the pets I had killero/killera etc. All letters of the alfabet:3.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Love it! These are making me smile. I laugh at myself for the silly things, but it is definitely fun seeing what everyone did.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

I reached level 20 before discovering the auction!
    Last edited by Boltmage; 08-02-2014 at 12:50 PM.

13. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Boltmage For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

I capped for the first time at level 21. I ran Arcanum Grounds for a thousand times in common and rare gear because I didn't know anything about the Consigment Store and legendaries.

I always wanted my rogue to be as intelligent as possible and put most of my skill points in Int and the rest in strength. "Dexterity" was new vocabulary and I never knew about its importance for rogues until a friendly fellow-rogue told me that I was the most "intelligent" rogue she ever saw..lol.

Short time later I entered my very first Pvp-Match. I had no idea what Ctf was about and I just ran around the arena in circles, tried to protect the flagger and to hide from the opponent team. My heart beat went wild and I thought that I was going to collapse. My cheeks were burning.
    Back then my preferred pets were Barney and Deary as well as frost

I forgot to mention that I didn't even know how to utilize the blue bar (never heard about mana at this time^^).
    Last edited by Serenina; 08-02-2014 at 01:24 PM.

15. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Serenina For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serenina View Post
    I always wanted my rogue to be as intelligent as possible and put most of my skill points in Int and the rest in strength. "Dexterity" was new vocabulary and I never knew about its importance for rogues until a friendly fellow-rogue told me that I was the most "intelligent" rogue she ever saw..lol.
    Haha this made me lol literally.. gotta just shake your head and smile at that now.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Raregem For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    100 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Boltmage View Post
    I reached level 20 before discovering the auction!
    Oh Yes that too!! I never went down in kraag and din knew there was cs lol

Retired.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

lol i started when lvl 26 was lvl cap, at that moment i didnt understand english, so i didnt want to play anymore lol i didnt understand a sht of the game. i didnt even now how to move around lololol i was rly stupid playing AL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yasshh View Post
    Oh Yes that too!! I never went down in kraag and din knew there was cs lol
    Lol I used to run through travellers outpost thinking 'why are so many people all just stood there?'

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Boltmage For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

I play AL since end of season 1, u dont know how much i treasure my 1st free pet from tutorial( the dog, i forgot the name) and got freaked out when someone gifted me a wrathjaw(sadly i couldnt recall the great guy's name). And now......arcane pets arcane pets....

I insisted not to use potions in pve having the idea that only noobs need it until my fren explained to me and that process took 20min juz to convince me to use potion lol.

i kept a legen blade for my warrior so that i can 'use' it when my warrior reached that lvl -.-

i took it so offensive with the word 'noob' back in season 2 when someone calling me that in pvp room and i even tried to reason with him! now....i call my fren noob as if im saying 'Mr'

i was so happy to count for 1v1 in pvp room even for random players taking it as an honour to me and now when some random players ask me to count......i will come out with moutains of excuses!

a lot more funny, nooby and sentimental moments back in those days...
    seeing old fren leaving this game one by one really pains my heart and it's the fren left that keep me playing this game.
    Old fren, if u ever manage to see this plz log in and say a hi to me! Some i didnt even manage to have a farewell with u....

Last but not the least....i really miss pvp back in those days.....
    sts, if u have so much time inventing some 'awesome' pet for 1% of the community, i think it's time for u to do something to the pvp system........(sleep)

IGN: Thorluffy,Thorluffybolt,Thorluffysama,Thorluffyris e

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Thorluffy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jinathedemo View Post
    I didnt know how to get skills until i was in travelers outpost.
    I thought deary was a awesome PET, and still today he is one of my most leveled. -_-
    I'm pretty sure I reached the dead city outskirts without using a single active skill, just spamming the auto-attack and I also remember how annoying it was that heal potions only dropped from mobs every now and then. I always had to run and to reset them otherwise they would have killed me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Capped 21 in epics and a flame strike I got from an elite golden chest, discovered auction, purchased demonologist of security body with all I had and then looted the helm for the set in a chest next to donatello. Happiest moment of my nub career lol..

This would be alright if I didnt cap 26 and 31 with the exact same gear and then being surprised that I could buy better set for 10k. Yeah, that was the peak I think. -_-

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Madnex For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

I also had never heard of hor untill someone told me I had to use heal, then I read all descriptions of all skills untill I found out what the healing skill was he was talking about.

I had no clue how to activate the shield (I had the side upgrade for it) then once it went on when I thought I pressed it twice, after that it didn't work again, in the end I noticed I had to press the button untill it was charged, this took me about a week to learn:3.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I was also anti-pots.. couldn't understand why packs weren't enough. Of course after you are the only one dying multiple times in dead city you start to clue in. Also was that rogue that would let my mana drain and just spam auto-attack when I was out. I can't live without my pots now!

I think for me I may have been slower catching on bc I REFUSED to join a guild that just spam invited without asking if you wanted to join first.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    275 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serenina View Post
    I'm pretty sure I reached the dead city outskirts without using a single active skill, just spamming the auto-attack and I also remember how annoying it was that heal potions only dropped from mobs every now and then. I always had to run and to reset them otherwise they would have killed me.
    Oh, i discovered how to get skills in outpost. I UNDERSTOOD how to use them much later.
    Also, 2 huge fails i did...
    I used shadow storm shot up until level 35!
    I Understood how to use market by the time i got to pier :/