Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: When you were new..

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

When I first started in S2....

I put 2 stat points into int str and dex for every level until a random town warrior told me I shuld just focus on one: namely strength. With the 7 plat I started out with I respeced, got myself 6 str points for every level, made it to l20, got into elite brackenridge forest and started the timer and instantly got 1 hit by the very first mob and I ragequit...I used to think I was such a damn strong mage (strength = musclemage right?) until that run

When I got my first guild invite, the GM told me to go full int. I cussed him out saying he was a dumb noob and that str was for pro mages like me and unlike him (he was a mage too)! Luckily he didn't get pissed, he convinced me that I'd be more "clever" if I put points in int - brain > brawn right?

When I first got into watcher's tomb I immediately got lost and got downright creeped out by the message I got from wt4 (I hadn't unlocked the previous tombs). Finally, I got into WT1, started the timer and took about 10 minutes using no pots to clear it. Was I proud!

When I finally reached kraag, I was like "OMG 3 auctions!!" - I knew of them from a travelers outpost rogue who told me I could buy stuff and make myself "cleverer" from them, LOL! I immediately checked all 3 auctions and spent all my gold on cinder from one (6k), then went to the next one and did a happy jig because the cinder there was 7k! I actually pm'd the lister saying I got a better deal from another cs...good thing he didn't respond

When I hit 20 I was like "HOLY CRAP SO MUCH XP TO GET TO 21!!"...which was when double xp showed up so I ground wt4 hard with 10 mins a run till I finally capped.

Then I decided to retry elites and ran rooks nest...run was more than 10 minutes but I looted a Malison!!!!! It was about 500k IG if I remember rightly. I was so proud of it I opened it.

Next expansion I slowly capped and was super excited when PvP came out. Thus, I entered it rocking my Malison and epic gear...and immediately got 1 hit (by blakadder, coincidentally. Lol!). I then decided it was capture the flag so I would DEFEND THE DAMN FLAG! So me and a like-minded rogue stood at the entrance of the spawn ready with our defense build...her traps and my clock!!

At l26 or l31 cap (not sure) I entered AF and had a damn good time in there! By the time it disbanded, I was much wiser than the nooby mage I was. Then Epitome of Excellence came along.

A guildie convinced me to drop my fire clock gale curse build and get fire, light, shield, heal. I refused saying "shield sucks!" Finally the co-GM Asterox convinced me to get that build...and I did. This was by S4. Thus began my journey into proness. I did, however, start my early pvping days as a horrible noob; convinced I was going to get on the APs leaderboard, I went PvP regularly to try and get my 100 kills APs. The time I had in there was horrible; I did however manage to meet my goal and get 100 PvP kills...and 1k PvP deaths. Which is why to this day my kdr is still positive by a miniscule margin.

When EOE merged with SK in the end of S4, my days of hardcore PvP really began. I began to actually enjoy PvP as a non mythic mage and managed to amass about 5k kills by the end of S5. This is how I became who I am today

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alhuntrazeck For This Useful Post: