Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: When you were new..

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

lol i started when lvl 26 was lvl cap, at that moment i didnt understand english, so i didnt want to play anymore lol i didnt understand a sht of the game. i didnt even now how to move around lololol i was rly stupid playing AL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yasshh View Post
    Oh Yes that too!! I never went down in kraag and din knew there was cs lol
    Lol I used to run through travellers outpost thinking 'why are so many people all just stood there?'

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Boltmage For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

I play AL since end of season 1, u dont know how much i treasure my 1st free pet from tutorial( the dog, i forgot the name) and got freaked out when someone gifted me a wrathjaw(sadly i couldnt recall the great guy's name). And now......arcane pets arcane pets....

I insisted not to use potions in pve having the idea that only noobs need it until my fren explained to me and that process took 20min juz to convince me to use potion lol.

i kept a legen blade for my warrior so that i can 'use' it when my warrior reached that lvl -.-

i took it so offensive with the word 'noob' back in season 2 when someone calling me that in pvp room and i even tried to reason with him! now....i call my fren noob as if im saying 'Mr'

i was so happy to count for 1v1 in pvp room even for random players taking it as an honour to me and now when some random players ask me to count......i will come out with moutains of excuses!

a lot more funny, nooby and sentimental moments back in those days...
    seeing old fren leaving this game one by one really pains my heart and it's the fren left that keep me playing this game.
    Old fren, if u ever manage to see this plz log in and say a hi to me! Some i didnt even manage to have a farewell with u....

Last but not the least....i really miss pvp back in those days.....
    sts, if u have so much time inventing some 'awesome' pet for 1% of the community, i think it's time for u to do something to the pvp system........(sleep)

IGN: Thorluffy,Thorluffybolt,Thorluffysama,Thorluffyris e

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Thorluffy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Capped 21 in epics and a flame strike I got from an elite golden chest, discovered auction, purchased demonologist of security body with all I had and then looted the helm for the set in a chest next to donatello. Happiest moment of my nub career lol..

This would be alright if I didnt cap 26 and 31 with the exact same gear and then being surprised that I could buy better set for 10k. Yeah, that was the peak I think. -_-

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Madnex For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

I also had never heard of hor untill someone told me I had to use heal, then I read all descriptions of all skills untill I found out what the healing skill was he was talking about.

I had no clue how to activate the shield (I had the side upgrade for it) then once it went on when I thought I pressed it twice, after that it didn't work again, in the end I noticed I had to press the button untill it was charged, this took me about a week to learn:3.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I was also anti-pots.. couldn't understand why packs weren't enough. Of course after you are the only one dying multiple times in dead city you start to clue in. Also was that rogue that would let my mana drain and just spam auto-attack when I was out. I can't live without my pots now!

I think for me I may have been slower catching on bc I REFUSED to join a guild that just spam invited without asking if you wanted to join first.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

I discovered the auction house once I reached kraag. It took me another month before I discovered there was a place in there for chests and eggs.

When I got my first pet egg I clicked on it and it vanished from my inventory. I thought I had wasted the thing. Then I found a new pet in my stable and was like....where did that come from?????

I also distributed my points equally. Str, int, dex. I think it was level 21 when I learned I was supposed to be all dex.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

I made my first mage and capped it to 31. then i didn't like the points spent in skills. i deleted the char and started again to to get new skills. don't know there was respec or free respec weekend.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

When I first entered Kragg, I was like "Wow, there's 3 auction halls here!!!"

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ins For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    275 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ins View Post
    When I first entered Kragg, I was like "Wow, there's 3 auction halls here!!!"
    Atleast you knew what auction was...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

When I was new I thought the best pet was deary and so I used it all the way to 31. I also never realised that there was an auction house for a while till I accidently bumped into it in paradise pier and I always thought I should share my skill points on str dex and int equally. What a noob I was .

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Giuewek; 08-02-2014 at 02:47 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Nice thread. My moments of glory:
    - i skipped the first egg that dropped in backenbridge as i thought it was sort of bomb
    - never used pots - and died like hundred times
    - auction house... Oh well... There actually was one already in lvl 10

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    615 Posts

At first I never used pets because I thought they were vanities like in PL. Wow, was I dumb.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jiarijiba View Post
    Nice thread. My moments of glory:
    - i skipped the first egg that dropped in backenbridge as i thought it was sort of bomb
    - never used pots - and died like hundred times
    - auction house... Oh well... There actually was one already in lvl 10
    The egg thing is funny.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

I used to stand in Traveler's Outpost screaming out trying to sell all of my "epic" items because I was sure they had to awesome because well, it's says they're "epic".

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Haifer For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    198 Posts

I got invited to some guild, didn't really knew what it was... It was kinda not active, I didn't understand the purpose of it. o in tombs I was invited to another guild and discovered a different world, friendly ppl, and a lot of help.
    I distributed points equally till Lvl 25 I think, I couldn't understand why rogues considered as deadliest of all characters.... I couldn't hit a fly...
    I thought that auctions were different in different towns, so I checked in every city...
    I was told by a friend that I could actually list items for 3 days when I capped on 31...huhu until then I listed only for 12 hours...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Starkinea View Post
    I got invited to some guild, didn't really knew what it was... It was kinda not active, I didn't understand the purpose of it. o in tombs I was invited to another guild and discovered a different world, friendly ppl, and a lot of help.
    I distributed points equally till Lvl 25 I think, I couldn't understand why rogues considered as deadliest of all characters.... I couldn't hit a fly...
    I thought that auctions were different in different towns, so I checked in every city...
    I was told by a friend that I could actually list items for 3 days when I capped on 31...huhu until then I listed only for 12 hours...
    Took me awhile to discover the 3 days as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    475 Posts

Started at the end of season 4. I didn't buy plats in my first 6 months of this game.

However I was fascinated by vanities and I wanted to have them all. Someone gifted me 4 lock chests and a Gold Ranger vanity which i sold later that day. And i started buying things cheap and sell in auc. Was a hell to have one inventory slot. Somehow back then i got all vanities and all collections from merching. I made 50% of my assets in the first 4 months when i started merching.

The new vanities have a lack of inspiration.. I'm not trying to offend but thats the fact . Also collections from season 1 , 2 , 3 are much cooler than living sets , tarloks , dragonscale ( lol ) , magma .

EDIT:

Back then I didn't know what merching is. I only did it cause wanted vanities.. Used to buy things from people of Outpost. When i got in Pier I discovered more people like me. I got so freaking mad they offered me same price i bought those vanities....

Also i had 32356 kills and 2376 deaths in PVE ( i changed my main toon in season 6 ) . The Blue Crab and the Wolf from Nordr made me 500-1000 deaths.
    Last edited by Titanium; 08-02-2014 at 03:52 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I honestly was never nabnab, I played other STS games before, so when AL came out it was nothing new. I grabbed a rare name *hidden due to secret unactive forum purpose* and got a set that's worth 300-400k now. Only thing I had problems with was lvling to max. Never did it so no banner. *cries in a corner* I still did not know for awesome rewards for capping. (My best acc back then was lvl 30 in SL -_- (almost maxed now =) in SL...)

Sent from my Toaster using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

when i played al...... i didnt know how to charge skills untill 2 months later.
    i didnt know how to use pots......until i quit and started again 6 months later
    my fav pet was deary and barney
    i used full strength (and thought str was the most important for rogues) untill someone in kragg spammed me noob laughed at me for 10 min and told me the right builds
    i didnt what quests were for.
    i didnt know how to chat, let alone pms and guild chat
    i didnt know how to do free plat offers
    i didnt know how char slots and stash worked.......
    lol i was such a nab back then
    From mortal hope springs immortal power
    toons: goebejake rogue, saltspear mage