Thread: Guide to Advanced Mechanics in PL: DPS, Crits, etc.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    Have not gotten a chance to read through all the comments yet, but wanted to point a couple things out:
    1) Dodge / Hit.
    I posed this question to Cinco in the chat and the answer was that there is a roll for hit/miss and a separate roll for for dodge, but hit dodge can effect the first roll and hit percentage can effect the second. As to the full effect, he was not giving that information up, as the actual equations are 'proprietary'.
    Also, Enemies DO debuff.

2) DPS / Damage
    That section completely ignores the armor part, and what you want to take into account is effective dps.
    Consider two weapons:
    First has 50 damage and a speed of .5
    Second has 85 damage and a speed of 1
    So, basic dps is 100 on first, 85 on second.
    But now consider an enemy with 30 Armor:
    First is now (50 - 30) * 2 = 20
    Second is 85 - 30 = 55
    So the effective dps of the first is 20 and the second is 55.
    This does not even take into account the effect of damage on skills, but that gets extremely complicated because of the two hand skill add nerf.
    It appears the dodge roll as Cinco stated is some set value unaffected by any other user factor, as it is nearly consistent in all three weapon sets in a huge sample size (n=500, n=500, n=500). The miss roll however is extremely variable in at instances where hit% is above 100, but does not correlate with hit% itself. Perhaps I haven't had a larger sample size to detect a change yet. And my work is to figure out such proprietary equations

Edit: Unless you meant he said DODGE in our stat window means it's a factor that influences enemy dodge, not our dodge? o.o

And the damage/DPS with enemy armor I will edit. I did not consider that a factor as I was editing the guide (see my previous comment on this thread) but thank you for providing more proof that armor does change things around!