Quote Originally Posted by TOASTYTorpedo View Post
when you tested the hit% and dodge rate of the close encounters mobs, did you notice any differences in crit that could've had a direction correlation to the hit/dodge. what i mean is, rather than a hit% cap, the focus spell (increasing crit) could've caused you to miss / be dodged more due to more potential chances to crit.
I unfortunately didn't record the crit rates when I was testing Hit%/Dodge/Miss on enemies, I just decided to record successful hits (as opposed to identifying them as non-crit and crit). I believe Focus serves two functions when your hit% is less than the cap: it increases your crit rate and your hit rate. When your hit% is above the cap, then Focus only serves one function: increasing your crit rate (since hit rate doesn't matter anymore since you reached cap).

I see what you mean. Maybe additional (+2 dmg and + some factor of 2% hit rate)x 1/shot speed brings it closer?
I could calculate the exact damage the Sunblessed Set is supposed to give to give us a DPS of 256, but for now I will assume the devs made a mistake.