Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Guide to Advanced Mechanics in PL: DPS, Crits, etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

when you tested the hit% and dodge rate of the close encounters mobs, did you notice any differences in crit that could've had a direction correlation to the hit/dodge. what i mean is, rather than a hit% cap, the focus spell (increasing crit) could've caused you to miss / be dodged more due to more potential chances to crit.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedRyder View Post
    You are truly an unnecessary user. Exit the forums, wait 1/5 decades, get back on
    (¯`v´¯) toastytorpedo
    .`·.¸.·´ ¸.·´¸.·´¨) IGN
    (¸.·´ (¸.·´ .·´ ¸¸.·¨;

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    The current sunblessed set stated is:

When you're wearing only Overlord's Helmet of the Void + Wraith Armor of the Void, stats look like this:
    2 274 1 125 14 10 501 5 500 4 49-55 44 70
    Highlighting bow (but not equipping gives us):
    2 285 1 133 16 13 501 6 500 6 183-228 242 76
    Equipping bow (and thus completing the set) actually gives us:
    2 285 1 135 16 14 501 9 500 6 195-240 256 83

So instead of +3 h/s, +10 DMG, +7 Armor, it really gives us
    +2 %Hit, +1 Dodge, +3 h/s, +12 Damage, +7 Armor

Thanks for bringing that up, the set bonuses for Sunblessed is not what it seems. But it still doesn't account for the problem in DPS...
    I see what you mean. Maybe additional (+2 dmg and + some factor of 2% hit rate)x 1/shot speed brings it closer?

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TOASTYTorpedo View Post
    when you tested the hit% and dodge rate of the close encounters mobs, did you notice any differences in crit that could've had a direction correlation to the hit/dodge. what i mean is, rather than a hit% cap, the focus spell (increasing crit) could've caused you to miss / be dodged more due to more potential chances to crit.
    I unfortunately didn't record the crit rates when I was testing Hit%/Dodge/Miss on enemies, I just decided to record successful hits (as opposed to identifying them as non-crit and crit). I believe Focus serves two functions when your hit% is less than the cap: it increases your crit rate and your hit rate. When your hit% is above the cap, then Focus only serves one function: increasing your crit rate (since hit rate doesn't matter anymore since you reached cap).

I see what you mean. Maybe additional (+2 dmg and + some factor of 2% hit rate)x 1/shot speed brings it closer?
    I could calculate the exact damage the Sunblessed Set is supposed to give to give us a DPS of 256, but for now I will assume the devs made a mistake.

None of your business, creeper... Geez...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Yet another well-made guide to explain. Now a lot of PL players might not understand this stuff at first, but they've played the game, and maybe experimented with different builds (dex affected) then they'll be back here and say "Oh s**t, I get it now XD"....... Like me >.> +1
    Expert pvp builder and tester, horrible execution XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Register View Post
    I was trying to be optimistic. Thanks for eating my fries.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

I believe Cinco stated earlier the DODGE has no effect on hit percent. You are guaranteed to hit if you have above 100 percent hit, provided you are not debuffed, but this is when dodge comes into play. In reality you were supposed to hit but outside actions allowed your target to dodge it, thus negating your hit percent for that hit. This also makes me perplexed onto why we still miss when hit percent is above 100 percent even when buffed up over 100 percent with no negative effects on our character. Perhaps it may be a glitch or bug that the dev's never noticed? I didn't see it happening until after the developers nerfed the dex attribute point so we didn't have crazy high hit percentage like 200 percent.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

So from the data suggested, here's my conclusion:
    > Sentinel, Void, and Sunblessed Sets all have very similar hit rates on the field, despite what their numbers suggest.
    > There may be a hit% cap that causes players with Hit% > 100 to miss enemies.
    > Rates of enemy DODGEing does not seem affected by different weapon set, or Hit%. However, the rate of MISSing enemies between sets is variable.
    My findings reinforce what Cinco said about DODGE (which were very similar on the large sample size of n=500 on all three sets), but what intrigues me are the variations in MISS.

Dodge rates are nearly the same (this may be a standard, independent and fixed variable) but MISS rates are all over the place, and does not correlate with Hit%.

IMO, they should change Hit% into a more useful number, because after a certain point the stat becomes quite useless to have around due to the 82-85% Hit% cap in Alien Oasis 3: Close Encounters.

None of your business, creeper... Geez...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

to put in simpler terms, dodge is your character's own little negative hit rate for enemies? Like the difference? idk because these are all statistics, which mean nothing when actually fighting; the outcomes are only EXPECTED to be what we see through the stats. Example: We only EXPECT with an 80% hit rate (vs 0 dodge) that our char will hit 4/5 times (80% of the time), but in reality, it doesn't work that way. Say you missed one of those 5 shots right off the bat, does that mean you're guaranteed to make the next 4? No. EACH SHOT has an 80% chance of hitting. They're independent "trials of events" that are not affected by the last occurrence. Same thing with Critical hits; 50% does not mean every other hit is guaranteed to be a crit, it just gives you an idea of how likely it is to happen. heads or tails, no amount of heads will affect the next coin toss, nor were the previous tosses affected by the tosses made. Same with these here mechanics *bows* lol jkkkkkk
    Expert pvp builder and tester, horrible execution XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Register View Post
    I was trying to be optimistic. Thanks for eating my fries.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The current sunblessed set stated is:

When you're wearing only Overlord's Helmet of the Void + Wraith Armor of the Void, stats look like this:
    2 274 1 125 14 10 501 5 500 4 49-55 44 70
    Highlighting bow (but not equipping gives us):
    2 285 1 133 16 13 501 6 500 6 183-228 242 76
    Equipping bow (and thus completing the set) actually gives us:
    2 285 1 135 16 14 501 9 500 6 195-240 256 83

So instead of +3 h/s, +10 DMG, +7 Armor, it really gives us
    +2 %Hit, +1 Dodge, +3 h/s, +10+2 Damage, +7 Armor

Thanks for bringing that up, the set bonuses for Sunblessed is not what it seems. But it still doesn't account for the problem in DPS...
    The 11 added into DEX gives you the rest of the mysterious set increase.
    [B]Level 50 Cyber Void Full Dex Archer: Seratonin, Level 50 (Experimental) Dex/IntMage, Cyber Cosmos, Void: Species,
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    Cross-eyed yet?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Seratonin View Post
    The 11 added into DEX gives you the rest of the mysterious set increase.
    I believe the Dex addition is already factored into the equation and that the "mysterious set increase" is due to extra bonuses. I'm more inclined to believe this because DEX doesn't affect dodge, STR does.

Look at this example of the Void Set:

Wearing Wraith Void + Jacob's Void only:
    2 274 1 125 14 10 501 5 500 4 49-55 44 71
    Highlighting Mega Blaster Void (not equipping):
    2 285 1 133 16 13 501 6 500 6 168-213 191 77
    Equipping Mega Blaster Void (completing the set):
    2 285 1 140 21 14 501 8 500 9 180-225 202 82

Void Bonus expected: +5% Hit, +5% Crit, +2 H/s, +2 M/s, +10 Damage, +5 Armor according to Yanis' thread
    Void Bonus given: +7% Hit, +5% Crit, +1 Dodge, +2 H/S, +3 M/s, +12 Damage, +5 Armor

Dodge is increased, and M/s (which is affected by INT, and INT wasn't raised at all) increased, but these aren't affected by increases in DEX at all.

Example of the Cyber set:

Wearing Cyber Skull Void + Cyber Armor Void only:
    2 274 1 125 14 10 501 5 500 4 49-55 44 75
    Highlighting Cyber Blaster Void (but not equipping):
    2 285 1 133 16 13 501 6 500 6 174-219 197 81
    Equipping Cyber Blaster Void (completing the set):
    2 285 1 135 16 14 501 7 500 6 183-228 205 84

Cyber Bonus expected: +2% Hit, +1% Dodge, +1 H/s, +9 Damage, +3 Armor (source)
    Cyber Bonus given: +2% Hit, +1% Dodge, +1 H/s, +9 damage, +3 armor

Here, Cyber checks out with its expected value (had nothing to do with 11 dex increase).

Conclusion:
    > Sunblessed Archer set is inaccurate
    > Void set bonuses were updated at some point

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Great guide hope the devs sticky your guides.
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shemron View Post
    Great guide hope the devs sticky your guides.
    I'm satisfied as long as someone learns something new Or if this helps facilitate discussion on how game mechanics work (which I am interested in).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I'm satisfied as long as someone learns something new Or if this helps facilitate discussion on how game mechanics work (which I am interested in).
    I still remember about damage and dps from WoW but here weapon speed and damage also affects everyone's skills. I have to try slower vs faster weapons and how much the damage of skills is affected and if this affects healing too. If you have checked this let me know.
    Sig by KLEMEN

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

I still remember about damage and dps from WoW but here weapon speed and damage also affects everyone's skills. I have to try slower vs faster weapons and how much the damage of skills is affected and if this affects healing too. If you have checked this let me know.
    To my knowledge, damage seen on your skills list is directly adjusted and correlated to the current set of equips you have on.

I had briefly thought about how weapon speed would affect skill speed but since skills are currently spammable without any delay, I don't think skills currently has any dependence on weapon speed. Since the factor of weapon speed activates after you use the skill and all skills have a cool-down time, weapon speed is more or less negated. I just spammed all my skills on my 0.6 weapon speed talon and my 1.0 weapon speed blaster and there was no difference in execution time.

I'm unsure how WoW works, but if weapon speed's definition changed in PL - let's say weapon speed was the actual speed that your skill/attack travels (and not the time in-between attacks, which it currently is), then weapon speed would be a huge determinant on overall damage/DPS. But all skills/attacks between all 3 characters travel at the same rate at this time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Not the time but the damage itself. If you test out a weapon with similar DPS but different speed the slower (or faster not really sure right now) weapon tends to give you more damage on your skills. The weapon damage also affects how much damage your skills do. You can check part of this by equipping a weapon then go to the skills section and check the damage done then change to another weapon and see the difference. I want to test this on the field though to see if it is as the damage on skills says.

Edit: This is why a lower dps weapon but that improves your skills damage might be better in a boss fight than a lower dps one. This is my opinion since I haven't tested this as thoroughly as you have.
    Last edited by Echelong; 01-17-2011 at 03:40 PM.
    Sig by KLEMEN

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Not the time but the damage itself. If you test out a weapon with similar DPS but different speed the slower (or faster not really sure right now) weapon tends to give you more damage on your skills. The weapon damage also affects how much damage your skills do. You can check part of this by equipping a weapon then go to the skills section and check the damage done then change to another weapon and see the difference. I want to test this on the field though to see if it is as the damage on skills says.
    I'm aware of the weapon damage = skill damage correlation. You can test it on the field regarding damage, just remember enemies at higher leveled campaigns have an innate damage reduction.

I'm not sure about the first part of what you said...can you show me figures? I currently can't go on PL because I'm texting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Yep almost the same here but I am working so this is a kind of sneaky forum thingy I have here. Ill add you and let you know.

Here is part of it the stats are from Drain Life Enchantress skill

Shadow Hax of Hate (0.8 Speed)
    222-316

Limbchopper of Destiny (0.9 Speed)
    245-339

Harpoon of destiny (1.0 Speed) This has the weakest dps and damage.
    235-329

I am told the Zuraz Schock lance gives better damage due to the speed which is 1.5 speed I believe. This are the most comparable weapons I have at the moment also have to test this with 2H weapons. But my mind is on taxes atm so hard to get calculations at home when all I want is to relax -_-
    Last edited by Echelong; 01-17-2011 at 03:53 PM.
    Sig by KLEMEN

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Similar DPS, but the base damage will be different betweeen slower and faster weapons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixking View Post
    Grrr they answer drews question but not mine! That makes me mad,grrrrrrrrrrrr!
    We have leet lv 55-56 players dying at Plasma Pyramid...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengotengo View Post
    It's like someone gave me a bag of M&Ms, but there's a handful of candy-coated rabbit turds in the bag somewhere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Yep almost the same here but I am working so this is a kind of sneaky forum thingy I have here. Ill add you and let you know.

Here is part of it the stats are from Drain Life Enchantress skill

Shadow Hax of Hate (0.8 Speed)
    222-316

Limbchopper of Destiny (0.9 Speed)
    245-339

Harpoon of destiny (1.0 Speed) This has the weakest dps and damage.
    235-329

I am told the Zuraz Schock lance gives better damage due to the speed which is 1.5 speed I believe. This are the most comparable weapons I have at the moment also have to test this with 2H weapons. But my mind is on taxes atm so hard to get calculations at home when all I want is to relax -_-
    Is it possible if you could give me the damage range and DPS as you see on your avatar screen?

Edit:

Nothing else except the weapons are equipped. So yeah...this seems like it will take quite a long time to figure out.

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Too lazy to go to a hotspot. Here's the damage from Yanis' helpful threads:
    Hax 85-94, 0.8 speed
    Limbchopper 115-135, 0.9 speed
    Harpoon 110-150, 1.0 speed
    Zuraz 130-162, 1.3 speed
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixking View Post
    Grrr they answer drews question but not mine! That makes me mad,grrrrrrrrrrrr!
    We have leet lv 55-56 players dying at Plasma Pyramid...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengotengo View Post
    It's like someone gave me a bag of M&Ms, but there's a handful of candy-coated rabbit turds in the bag somewhere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drewcapu View Post
    Too lazy to go to a hotspot. Here's the damage from Yanis' helpful threads:
    Hax 85-94, 0.8 speed
    Limbchopper 115-135, 0.9 speed
    Harpoon 110-150, 1.0 speed
    Zuraz 130-162, 1.3 speed
    I'd need these damages to correspond to Shemrom's stat window exactly, and not everyone's build is the same, unless you can take those and equip it yourself and give me the figures you have?