Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: L77 Crafted int Set is so underpowered

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Exclamation L77 Crafted int Set is so underpowered

The l77 crafted INT set is so underpowered. Mages have low armor and health(400-500 health) and die before we can get 2 skills off. Bears have 800 health and all they have to do is beckon stomp and mages die. I compared the l77 crafted wand set with fiery and they were about the same. L77 INT set is a slap in the face

Ps - L77 lustrous INT bracer requires Dex. Fix that too please
    Last edited by Bous; 08-04-2014 at 03:23 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bous View Post
    The l77 crafted INT set is so underpowered. Mages have low armor and health(400-500 health) and die before we can get 2 skills off. Bears have 800 health and all they have to do is beckon stomp and mages die. I compared the l77 crafted wand set with fiery and they were about the same. L77 INT set is a slap in the face
    Staff set is maybe better
    ign ALLHAILBOSS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Hopefully

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

i saw staff set has some crazy proc, debuffs move speed and dodge and dmg maybe more, and with the 0.8 speed it can rly devastate bears

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

There needs to be more of a stat difference between the fiery wand set and the L77 crafted int set. The 77 set seems much harder to get compared to fury, and it's 2 levels higher.
    Maybe boost the armor on it, or something to increase the lifespan for those who use it.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    788 Posts

The staff set is pretty decent, saw Burstnuke eat some bears today like they were birds :3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trenton View Post
    The staff set is pretty decent, saw Burstnuke eat some bears today like they were birds :3
    Please fight a bear with crafted L77 str set

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bous For This Useful Post:

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    788 Posts

Please fight a bear with crafted L77 str set
    Never said I fought anyone? Anyways, was sort of a joke, OBVIOUSLY something needs done about it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

Someone get on the case with screen shots comparing the two sets please

11.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #10
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Hey guys,

The design behind the L77 Armor sets was that STR was tanky, DEX was in the middle and INT was damag-y. If all of the sets were to have a corresponding armor value change, then that begs the question, why have the different sets? Just make one homogeneous set and call it good? If you don't want superior + damage, then maybe a STR set up (paladin) on your mage is an option?

Honestly, the sets were created with PvE in mind and not PvP balance. We know that PvP in Pocket Legends is already a bit, hmm, how to put this delicately... wonky. This stems from many things done years ago. Adding the lvl 77 content was not an attempt to address PvP balance, but to instead give diversity to engame PvE.

At this point, we want to give things a bit more time to settle out before jumping to make more changes. Thanks for the feedback.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Hey guys,

The design behind the L77 Armor sets was that STR was tanky, DEX was in the middle and INT was damag-y. If all of the sets were to have a corresponding armor value change, then that begs the question, why have the different sets? Just make one homogeneous set and call it good? If you don't want superior + damage, then maybe a STR set up (paladin) on your mage is an option?

Honestly, the sets were created with PvE in mind and not PvP balance. We know that PvP in Pocket Legends is already a bit, hmm, how to put this delicately... wonky. This stems from many things done years ago. Adding the lvl 77 content was not an attempt to address PvP balance, but to instead give diversity to engame PvE.

At this point, we want to give things a bit more time to settle out before jumping to make more changes. Thanks for the feedback.
    Once everything has settled in like the cap etc are we due a pvp balance to fix this wonky pvp? I can't see anyone complaining about anything once it's finally fixed or shall I say Imporved? Because you did say on dolloways thread you were looking into it before

P.s I would also like to thank you for the mini expansion I don't want to sound ungrateful

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

I fought Burst. Staff set doesn't stand a chance against the new 77 STR set.

Sure, the new proc is nice and does hurt when it hits, but I have 88 dodge buffed so it barely ever hits.

Burst has 157 armor with the new staff set too, so it definitely needs a defensive boost in stats. I think that's lower than Fiery staff set.
    Last edited by Dolloway; 08-04-2014 at 04:06 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    388 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dolloway View Post

Sure, the new proc is nice and does hurt when it hits, but I have 88 dodge buffed so it barely ever hits.

Burst has 157 armor with the new staff set too, so it definitely needs a defensive boost in stats. I think that's lower than Fiery staff set.

It is lower b/c fiery staff has like 170 ish armor.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

@ samhayne
    There was a time where pvp wasn't "wonky". The only reason it's "wonky" is because every time space time releases a cap they add massive crit/hit/dodge but forget about boosting armor On the squishy classes like Mage and birds where we only have 400-500 health when bears have 800-1000
    A mage with 10,000 damage is no good when you get beckon stomped gf

Thanks for the new cap tho

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

@ samhayne
    Also when you talk diversity you haven't joined a PvP game where almost every class is str because of how op it is. The 76 cap I rarely ever saw int mages and most were pallys due to the massive armor/dodge the Int set is missing

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    788 Posts

Hey guys,

Sam, I know that your intentions are good with the sets, but they need a definite (small is also definite) boost. To cap to L77 is elite, and spending all this plat just for 16 extra damage is no fun. I capped to have an advantage of L76 players who DIDN'T spend the time to cap, to get an elite ring, and to farm of course. The thing is, an elite swift set is still overly better than the new crafted L77 Bow set. (Still don't know name) To have a L77 crafted set still have less crit, dodge, damage, and armor than a L75 crafted set is not benefitting any L77 user.

Also, is there going to elite weapons? I had heard this somewhere, just can't remember. Hopefully these elite weapons will have an advantage over the L76 elite bow set (if the new elite weapon is a bow) and if not, that's a shame. Sorry for the small outburst, just trying to get my opinion out here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Hey guys,

But devs had a GOOD CHANCE to address PvP issues without much work and specially without ppls flame, lets say u guys would nerf savage or something then ppls wearing savage would complain hard but not for the new set that being release.

I expected this to happen specially because devs said many time they r gonna do it.

Once again u said u dont want homogeneous set and u guys want diversity but for ur information homogeneous set exists and that is savage set, enter a dungeon and I bet u will find half of the ppls using this set 90% cases only exception is an elix dominant party then with 4x u don't need to think about anything else.

Edit : 80-90% mages, bears, foxes, rhinos use savage set, wondering still how we have diversified sets.
    Last edited by Waug; 08-04-2014 at 10:06 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

It's so risky, if you bump the mages health, it can make them so dam op, or so dam weak, you will still complain about the bears dodge, no matter what..

But I do still agree they need health!! Why has every single cap that health does need ever been upgraded?

Look at AL, there health is SUPER important, it probably works different there yeah but... Warriors have up to 6.5-7.4k health with, 2.1-2.3k armour, that's pretty much max stats

I think it's just too much too do in PL, I think it's best we deal with it and move on, this Pocket legends, is now in this way and always will be, unless sts has some sort of way or think about dollows/Whoisthis's threads
    AL: Jiig PL: Jig 80
    Veni Vidi Vici
    Worst thing I could be, is the same as everyone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dolloway View Post

Yea i got rekt That time lol. Chances of me killing bears are higher then Fiery tho, definately. Id say staff set is a better boost then wand and bracer which is very wierd since its the other way around most of the time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

@ samhayne
    Also when you talk diversity you haven't joined a PvP game where almost every class is str because of how op it is. The 76 cap I rarely ever saw int mages and most were pallys due to the massive armor/dodge the Int set is missing
    He said PVE not PVP.