Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Where do all those rich players come from?

Robhawk

Quote Originally Posted by Ishtmeet View Post
    They come from their Mothers.

Sent from my Gpad_G1 using Tapatalk
    All from the same rich mom?
    Last edited by Robhawk; 08-06-2014 at 01:07 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Giuewek View Post
    They just have the money to blow it all on locked crates, especially with the new endgamers that pop up with maxed out gear.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2
    Wish I could pop out with 250mil worth of gear to say hello to you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Robhawk View Post
    All from the same rich mom?
    Yes maybe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    100 Posts

Yes maybe

And her name is Addiction.

Retired.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yasshh View Post
    And her name is Addiction.
    Maybe Machine? Rich-baby machine

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts

Back in my day all the gold came from Plat>Gold Conversions, a lot of that gold still remains in AL today. I mean, where else does it come from? It's not like people farm Jarl for gold lel.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Make plat tradable,problem solved.
    Time is more valuable than gold. You can get more gold, but you cannot get more time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sirnoobalot View Post
    Make plat tradable,problem solved.
    Plat spamming ofc. Create new accounts , reach lv 5 and trade 7 plats to ur main. And you can do that unli times.
    So no for this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

I checked and the major and most secure hacker sites arent selling gold for AL yet. So the problem must be plat farmers. Solve that and you will see less people running around with 250m equips.
    Last edited by Anarchist; 08-06-2014 at 04:14 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Like I said before, reduce the 1:1 plat to gold rate and poof, in a year arcanes will go down to reasonable prices.

Most platfarming methods end up adding huge amounts of gold in game, negating gold sinks completely. It ends up on rich people's hands and when you already have ring, samael and the top mythic/arcane gear what do you do? You price new arcanes 130m, that's what.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Plat spamming ofc. Create new accounts , reach lv 5 and trade 7 plats to ur main. And you can do that unli times.
    So no for this.

Hmmm good point but they can let players start with 0 plat.
    Time is more valuable than gold. You can get more gold, but you cannot get more time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sirnoobalot View Post
    Hmmm good point but they can let players start with 0 plat.
    Or sts could just add plat kits.

Convert 100 bought plat to 100 tradeable plat by going to a NPC.

I suggested this some months ago though and they said no go.

Robhawk

Quote Originally Posted by shinytoy View Post
    It's a matter of perception I guess. Some newly leveled 41 mage sees your kershal and wonders the same thing I bet. Some people play more than you too. Many spent weeks playing to win SNS or the goblin event. Then there's the whole buying plat thing too.
    Yes... my kershal was pure luck!
    I opened 10 elondrian locked and i looted a myth bulwark with the 3rd locked and with the 5th locked i got the myth bow so i sold it and bought the kersh... but i know what you want say and its probably right.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

People should thanks them if they are spending alot of REAL moneys on the game. They are the one keeps a game free to play.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Dex Scene For This Useful Post:

16.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #35
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,906 Posts

To help shed a little more light on this discussion, the top players that you see in game have indeed worked very hard for what they've got. They spend quite a lot of time in the game, and yes, many have spent real money as well. We keep a close eye on potential hacks and the free plat offer system to make sure that anyone earning plat or gold in dishonest ways are permanently removed from the game. And, honestly, almost all of those "hack" tools and websites don't work. They are just phishing hoping that someone will give up their account info. The risk of a ban or the loss of your account just isn't worth it.

The second factor here is a little luck. Like some have mentioned here, if you manage to loot an arcane from a locked crate, you are well on your way to merching your way to millions. There are many ways to hit it big in the game. I can even vouch for a few of those rich players you see out there that never spent a dime on plat and instead opt to make the time commitment that it takes to get the items that they want.

Keep it up, work hard, and make sure you keep an eye on events and announcements in the forums for opportunities to win rare items or big plat prizes. Also, there are some really great player guides out there with info on how to earn money etc. in game. Take a peek in the guides section.

Best of luck to you all!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Remiem For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    To help shed a little more light on this discussion, the top players that you see in game have indeed worked very hard for what they've got. They spend quite a lot of time in the game, and yes, many have spent real money as well. We keep a close eye on potential hacks and the free plat offer system to make sure that anyone earning plat or gold in dishonest ways are permanently removed from the game. And, honestly, almost all of those "hack" tools and websites don't work. They are just phishing hoping that someone will give up their account info. The risk of a ban or the loss of your account just isn't worth it.

The second factor here is a little luck. Like some have mentioned here, if you manage to loot an arcane from a locked crate, you are well on your way to merching your way to millions. There are many ways to hit it big in the game. I can even vouch for a few of those rich players you see out there that never spent a dime on plat and instead opt to make the time commitment that it takes to get the items that they want.

Keep it up, work hard, and make sure you keep an eye on events and announcements in the forums for opportunities to win rare items or big plat prizes. Also, there are some really great player guides out there with info on how to earn money etc. in game. Take a peek in the guides section.

Best of luck to you all!
    Sorry remi but if you loot an arcane you aren't necessarily on your way to making millions, in terms of acquiring the best items in game for example the arcane ring, it takes 20 to 24 hammerjaws or, arcane hooks, glacian, also taking in consideration the plat conversion to gold , and crate expenses, you have to make 5m loot or more to break even if you open say 200 crates, theres too much issues with this native x and trialpay free platinum system, which is being abused, ruining the market, and making it impossible for people who are spending thousands and thousands of dollars/pounds to even aquire the best items, I know this isnt personally your fault as you are only the messenger, but I think something needs to be done about this, this is why I ask how much do I have to spend to be fully geared this season, as ive used 17 alternative accounts for 2500 plat, since this season started, the crate system is about luck, but even putting that aside, if I was to convert all this plat to gold I would have 42million, 40percent of the price for the arcane ring, this game may be pay to play, but how much are we expected to pay to aquire the best items, is my question for the developers rn.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to lethaljade For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    180 Posts

They come from their Mothers.

Actually with the help of their father...they come out from their mother....

https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?218499-YouTube-Channel!-Gaming-at-Peaks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Prahasit Prahi View Post
    Actually with the help of their father...they come out from their mother....
    O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lethaljade View Post
    Sorry remi but if you loot an arcane you aren't necessarily on your way to making millions, in terms of acquiring the best items in game for example the arcane ring, it takes 20 to 24 hammerjaws or, arcane hooks, glacian, also taking in consideration the plat conversion to gold , and crate expenses, you have to make 5m loot or more to break even if you open say 200 crates, theres too much issues with this native x and trialpay free platinum system, which is being abused, ruining the market, and making it impossible for people who are spending thousands and thousands of dollars/pounds to even aquire the best items, I know this isnt personally your fault as you are only the messenger, but I think something needs to be done about this, this is why I ask how much do I have to spend to be fully geared this season, as ive used 17 alternative accounts for 2500 plat, since this season started, the crate system is about luck, but even putting that aside, if I was to convert all this plat to gold I would have 42million, 40percent of the price for the arcane ring, this game may be pay to play, but how much are we expected to pay to aquire the best items, is my question for the developers rn.

rich get richer!
    i got sns right, so did you , thats hardwork !
    well only get richer from here on now, easier to merch and u know it.

I know few people who made money off from crates and the 1-2 million they won from DM contest .. its just really how smart you handle your gold and how smart you make use of it

another example is me. i opened crates less than 5m value, merched got 15m total in two weeks, by 3-4 weeks i got my arcane maul when it was 35m value.. hardwork
    Last edited by inkredible; 08-06-2014 at 12:14 PM.

Don't waste my time, don't waste yours

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by inkredible View Post
    rich get richer!
    i got sns right, so did you , thats hardwork !
    well only get richer from here on now, easier to merch and u know it.

I know few people who made money off from crates and the 1-2 million they won from DM contest .. its just really how smart you handle your gold and how smart you make use of it

another example is me. i opened crates less than 5m value, merched got 15m total in two weeks, by 3-4 weeks i got my arcane maul when it was 35m value.. hardwork
    I loose money merching just not my forte lol, grats on your profits, I just feel kinder disappointed in the game this season, for multiple reasons, I hope to see improvements in the future, in many issues ive highlighted and many others have through many discussions, would just be nice if the dev team could take on board what were saying, alls everyone wants to do is enjoy this game and alot of people aren't right now, especially when your paying a awful lot of money.