Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: My AL Experience

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Default My AL Experience

I have been playing on and off for a long while. I still have my level 26 banner that i sometimes wear just for laughs. After a hard day at work I like to log on, complete the story quests (Make some good gold selling Crawley), ask the new guildies if they need any help, then i hit the elite maps with a few buddies.

Im not a big plat buyer, but i always like to have a few on hand because sometimes im too lazy to walk all the way to the boss and i like to avoid party wipes with resets if were having alot of trouble that day. My buddies and I all wear mythic armor, wear mythic rings and amulets and have mythic weapons. We can complete any map in the game (Usually in 30 min. LOL i know we stink) and we spend most of the time making fun of eachother.

I read alot of messages on this board about people wanting arcane rings, the latest weapons and crazy pets. I dont have those things and realistically i never will and im fine with that. I know those items arent directed at me and my buddies, but are for the small percentage of the players who spend alot of real money on this game. These MMO games make the majority of thier revenue from that small percentage of players who do drop thousands of dollars on the game. It makes good business sence to cater to that crowd buy offering very powerful items.

It is not realistic to think i will ever own an arcane item, but it is very realistic to level a character to 41 in a week, farm enough gold in a few months to buy mythic armor and weapons and complete even the hardest elite maps in the game. This game is very much free to play in the PVE environment. The PVP aspect can be very competative and its only natural that if someone spends a great deal of money on this game, they probably will be able to beat you.

There were rumors and uproar of twinks competing in the last event just to level up at the last minute to finish on top of the leader board. This was proven mostly false. Now theres rumors of STS nerfing crate rewards due to plat farmers; probably also false.

I still very much enjoy this game. Im currently saving for one of the newer mythic weapons and with enough time and energy it is entirely obtainable without using real money.

Try to remember this is a game and its purpose for the end user is to have fun and make a few friends.

2. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to spasmatic For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Well said. Agree completely.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Huikreu For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

+1 agreed

6. The Following User Says Thank You to will0 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Nice post! I'm very much like you in the way I play, except I guessing I also put in more time playing, so I've been fortunate enough to be able to afford a couple of arcane items once they became cheaper. But like you, the idea of getting items that cost 80m is not very realistic unless I end up getting very lucky. I still like this game a lot, but often times I wish they did cater very occasionally to non-plat players with an occasional elite item that is the best of its kind, but cannot be acquired by spending plat. I guess we will see if my wishes come true some day.

Realistically, players who spend tons of plat usually loot many more items than they can ever use themselves, so they sell the excess and have tons of gold. So even an item which is earned exclusively from hard work in PvE will still likely end up in the hands of plat players as they will be able to buy it from those who earned it. I guess I just feel like it will give non-plat players an opportunity to earn some serious amounts of gold, instead of farming for items that cost much less.

But even without that, non plat players can certainly compete if we spend enough time and work hard for it. Also, I think we will appreciate success a lot more than plat players as we worked much harder for it. Sometimes a game can become boring if winning is too easy. The day I wake up and see nothing left to work for in AL is the day I probably quit.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 08-06-2014 at 09:40 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

9.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #5
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Thanks for sharing your experience and being part of the community. We are glad to hear that Arcane Legends has given you a fun pastime that you enjoy.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

when i started as a player i never thought it was realistic that ill ever be near the top players or say "lb " players
    but once i got a hold of some gold at an early stage because i was getting lucky back when malison was selling a lot, i just kept wanting more
    and aimed for more... and now im one of the leaders of the top guilds , long way , nice write up!

As regard to being on LB .. unfortunately i get bored easily doing the same thing over and over again.. so LB just isnt for me
    I have no patience to do flags everyday or tdm all day or pvp all day. In order for me to keep playing AL i have to take a break every other month (sometimes every month) for about 1-2 weeks max ive taken a break from AL i would say closer to 2-3 months
    during lvl 26 cap, i came back just before lvl 31 cap where i became fully active and joined DM and thats where i mostly improved
    Last edited by inkredible; 08-07-2014 at 12:50 AM.

Don't waste my time, don't waste yours

12. The Following User Says Thank You to inkredible For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    117 Posts

Need more players with brains like him/her then idiots who run around making rumors, well said mate.
    I was crazy before it was fashionable.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Ihateppl For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by spasmatic View Post
    Try to remember this is a game and its purpose for the end user is to have fun and make a few friends.
    This.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

Excellent topic and well said.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Friends is a big thing in AL, that's why I like playing it!
    This post made me feel better despite the ups and downs