Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Nicely done.

Quote Originally Posted by Riptank View Post
    Nice one bro. In presenting data like this it would be more convenient to use excel than access, access is more on for database, and try adding some macro in filtering and stat calculator. But over all good job, great effort
    I second this. I myself prefer to use Excel as a dBase program rather then Access. Access has been easily replaced as a dBase program. Othen then running queries, I find no use for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I think with access you have the advantage of fetching the data out more easily through simple queries and its also more noob friendly.
    Access IMO is definitely not more noob friendly. I'm guessing this is due to the lack of use in alot of firms that use dBase programs for storing and accessing their data.

You can easily make it noob friendly, error proof via Excel through the use of Pivots, filters and lolderp Macros. I've created Dashboards before for Management where they have NO clue how to work a dBase program and they just want to see the high level detail so I create something they can easily understand via Excel from raw data.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by keikali View Post
    Access IMO is definitely not more noob friendly. I'm guessing this is due to the lack of use in alot of firms that use dBase programs for storing and accessing their data.

You can easily make it noob friendly, error proof via Excel through the use of Pivots, filters and lolderp Macros. I've created Dashboards before for Management where they have NO clue how to work a dBase program and they just want to see the high level detail so I create something they can easily understand via Excel from raw data.
    @anarchrist: see post of keikali, IK since I've been a reporting analyst for years