Thread: Journey of Reun the Smurf!

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    615 Posts

Default Journey of Reun the Smurf!

After finally maxing out my mage gear-wise, I decided to share my story of my journey, as a mage. The purpose of this is to show that people who do not buy platinum frequently can succeed in this game, whether it be PvE or PvP. I do not have the best gear, but I have great and sufficient gear that will bring me fun.

Part I: Inflection and Lift, Leveling Up

Once upon a time, in March 2014, a little smurf was just born named Inflection. He would soon be destined for greatness.

I had about 50k from farming on my rogue, so I decided to buy an Orion.

Big thanks to my bud, Xenobiotic for lending me his L21 gear. He quit unfortunately

I changed my name to Lift. I paid 90 platinum to buy Clyde, which is completely unnecessary. However, Clyde is an amazing pet for sorcerers and I would recommend it to anyone with some platinum.

I got some nice Noble gear, and an Architect Pylon.

I had hit L40! I got some decent equips (or what I thought were decent equips) and headed out for battle.

Boom! L41! I bought a santa set because I thought it looked cool. My total amount of cash at the time was about 150k. It was about June 2014, 1 month before Ursoth's Assault. Now this, is when I started elite farming and joined The Collective.

Part II: Lift and Saber, Farming!

So, after I hit 41 I realized "Wow. I suck." I saw mages with 600+ damage and 3.5k+ health. I was a noob with only 400 damage and 2.7k health. So, I upgraded my rifle to a Brutality version. The magma gear was way out of my price range, so I decided to start farming.

First, with the 150k I had I bought a lepre. This was my best investment yet. I farmed a couple of locks and I got 40k! The next day, kits were introduced and I bought all the luck kits I could with the 40k that I had. I remember spending 6+ hours farming...I had gotten 400k that night. I was only 50k off a clean magma security helmet!

The next day, I did an hour of lock farming in the morning and finally, I had afforded a magma security helmet. Then, I got an invitation to The Collective while in KM3. I was ecstatic, I had wanted to join this guild ever since I learned they did elite farming. So I did a couple of runs with some great members and they taught me about park spots, strategies for elites etc. etc. and I got better. Then, I got super lucky...

My first elite run in Rockhorn Summit...and I had received a Magma Armor of Assault! Wow, I thought! I was rich! I sold that helm for 600k I believe. Then, I saw a perfect magma security set in the cs for 1.1M only! I sold my clean magma helm for 300k and now I had 900k. I farmed locks for 3 hours straight and I had finally had enough for a perf magma security armor and helm set! I had 1.3k armor, 3k health but still only 400 damage So I decided to farm a lot so I could afford mythics to raise my damage.

I had done 8 elite runs after, no luck at all. So I went to sleep and I woke up next morning. I decided to change things up a bit and do lock farming, because I was not very lucky in elites at the moment. I got about 3 locks from lepre for an hour because I was too broke to even afford a luck kit. Then I sold the locks and bought a couple of luck kits.

I had done another run in Rockhorn Summit and guess what, I got another magma armor!!! However the prices lowered a bit so I sold this one for about 300k. Then, a guy came up to me and was like "Hey, you want this? Only 250k" and he showed me a red founder's set. I had never owned one of these since S1, and I really wanted one because I thought it was one of the coolest looking vanities at the time. So, I bought it.

Fast forward a couple of weeks-- it was the last week before Ursoth's Assault and it was Slag weekend. I debated whether or not to get Slag, because Dovabear's stats looked very good. I ended up getting Slag and that was a great decision, because imo Dova's arcane ability isn't that impressive. So I spent about 500k getting Slag thru farming locks (and I was very lucky with my lock farming.)

Now Ursoth's Assault began, and this was when I became rich. The first day I played I ran the event and managed to get on lb's for about 2 minutes, haha. Wasn't too fun, so I decided to upgrade locks. So I farmed KM3 to get 3 locks, and then with TC I farmed WT4 and got some essences. Turns out, elondrian locks were selling for 400k apiece!!!!! Mine sold for 375 in a heartbeat. So I kept doing this, farming, essence running, selling, farming, essence running, selling until I got a whopping 2M gold! I decided to spend some buying a druid brutality armor set, and sold my perf magma set. Unfortunately my magma set was worth about 600k now but I was happy that I got 2M with some lock farming.

Here is my brutality set, btw:

I decided to spend the next few days gemming my new armors with elondrian gems, because I badly needed the health boost. So i got some conquistadors armor and farmed WT4 for more essences. At the end of the day, I had gotten 2.8M!! I had farmed more the next day and got 700k more! I was super rich and I wanted to buy mythic armors. I had decided to stop farming because the elondrian locks were only 70k at the time, rather than the 300k I usually sold it for. Mythic gear was pretty expensive and I never saw armor in cs. So I waited until one popped up for an affordable price. That day never came until the next month, so I will tell you about what happened in between.

So I practically gave up on finding a mythic armor so I decided to get some pets for an upcoming warrior. I bought Prance and Little Bear and then realized that I hated warrior -.- So then I refocused on my mage. I bought a mythic helm for 700k, and then at the end of Ursoth's Assault was finally the day that I got my mythic armor for 1M. I was all set for upgrading now.

So, around the beginning of August was when I left TC to join Candy and Fade in their new guild, Enigmatic. Me and Ralchior were officers and were good buddies. He helped me upgrade my mythic armor and that was easy, took less than an hour. Now it was the hardest part- the mythic helm. That took me like 12 hours lol, but I had finally finished it. I was now a mage with high damage and HP, which is what i wanted!

All I wanted now was a Lunar and a Blood Ruby. I was off by 200k and so I farmed elites. No luck for the first few days, then I got an EGP and sold it for 90k. 110k to go, neat. If I hadn't opened that Prance Egg -.- Since it was only 110k, I decided to farm locks. It took only a day to accumulate 110k but it took a couple of hours, because locks were about 7k apiece. It was now time to get me a Blood Ruby and a Lunar. I bought the Blood Ruby for about 1.3M, and the Lunar for 200k. Now we go to present day, which is me right now:

I guess the moral of my journey is that you do not need platinum to achieve your goals in the game. Yes, platinum does make it easier to get the things you want. But if you farm and merch, and farm and merch, you can be good. I hope this inspires some people to not give up and go for the goals.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Reunegade For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts

Woot! Nice story bro.
    I'm glad you loved farming with hard work to get your gear. Seriously, that ursoth event was a miracle for many of the people. Good job buddy and a lot more gold to come in future!
    Good luck.
    P.S : I bought mage myth set for 2.8m

Sent from my Gpad_G1 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Amazing to read it!
    So much like ishtmeet story, but its not bad at all! Hopefully some peoples will get ambicious after reading this :-)
    Check out my blog about sorcerer's life in world of Arlorians'!
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/blog.php?130665-Syberg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Syberg View Post
    Amazing to read it!
    So much like ishtmeet story, but its not bad at all! Hopefully some peoples will get ambicious after reading this :-)
    Hoping from a story from you as well-"Story of a Sorcerer who farmed mythics in a day".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    117 Posts

I have that same fury set :P good job bro, I wish more people would do this instead of just complaining "we are bored!"
    I was crazy before it was fashionable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ishtmeet View Post
    Hoping from a story from you as well-"Story of a Sorcerer who farmed mythics in a day".

I will accept challenge when cap my hero :-)
    24 hours elites should be enough :P
    Check out my blog about sorcerer's life in world of Arlorians'!
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/blog.php?130665-Syberg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Syberg View Post
    I will accept challenge when cap my hero :-)
    24 hours elites should be enough :P
    Eye wunna sea eet!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ishtmeet For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

Very inspirational story! Glad to see a hardworking player being rewarded
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

Now this is had work XD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

You da beast!
    And who's this Ralchior charcter 0.o
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

Btw did anyone else notice the -995.27% crit? XD
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ralchior View Post
    Btw did anyone else notice the -995.27% crit? XD
    Lol ever met those wolfs in nordr ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Nice story!

Not sure if you know, but you are not the first sorcerer to play AL named "Saber". I'm sure many long time players remember Love, the famous merchant and richest player in the game (at the time). Most people don't know, but in season 1 and the first half of season 2, he also had a sorcerer named Saber. He stopped playing his sorcerer midway through season 2. He told me at the time that sorcerers were too weak and he preferred his rogue.

Here is an old post of him showing off his stats during season 2:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...-Worth-looking

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Nice story!

Not sure if you know, but you are not the first sorcerer to play AL named "Saber". I'm sure many long time players remember Love, the famous merchant and richest player in the game (at the time). Most people don't know, but in season 1 and the first half of season 2, he also had a sorcerer named Saber. He stopped playing his sorcerer midway through season 2. He told me at the time that sorcerers were too weak and he preferred his rogue.

Here is an old post of him showing off his stats during season 1:

#deletedpicture

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Inspirational story!

Living up to and surpassing the original Saber's legacy, eh?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Nice story!

Here is an old post of him showing off his stats during season 2:

Love has alot of acc. He stores his good in those acc. well hidden.. You never know he might still be the richest person in AL...