Hey all, I've been really unlucky when it comes to grand gems... I have fewer fingers on my hands than the number of them I've gotten since gems were introduced in AL.

For most of my gear, the alternative is to just buy the gear with the grand gems already on there, which I have done in most cases. However, you cannot buy the upgraded mythic helm & armor with gems. When you upgrade them, they lose their gems. I know this may sound hard to believe, but I have upgraded both the helm and armor every single night since gems have been released in AL, and I still do not have any grand gems on either the armor or helm.

I even went so far as to put tarlok wisdom gems in gem slot #2 & 3 on both the armor and helm, figuring at least I'd have 4 stat points per gem in the meantime while I continue to try for a grand glacial gem on slot #1. That was a few months ago, and still today both the helm and armor have a regular glacial gem in slot #1 and the tarlok wisdom gems in slots #2 & 3, none of them grand gems.

It seems that by the time I will have a grand gem on either of them they will probably no longer be useful to me as better gear will have come out.

I'm just curious if my bad luck is unique or if there are many other players who have had this experience. Because everyone I talk to seems to have full grand gems on all their mythic/arcane gear, and I'm just not sure how they do it.