Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This idea = sts makes $$$ + makes customers happy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Default This idea = sts makes $$$ + makes customers happy

I currently do not have an android device that is compatible with arcane legends, but I do know many people that have tried the test server and heard their feedback. Some say the 2k plat is great, others told me how they got the chance to use exclusive or hard to get pets such as nightshade and nekro. You get the drift, people have a good time playing on this test server.

So my proposal here is to make more of these to happen. If you take a look at the play store (android app store) facts, there are currently 10,000,000 - 50,000,000 people that downloaded arcane legends, and that's a lot of people (not including apple store). It doesn't have to be often, maybe a weekend or perhaps a week, but sts should open up one of these servers once in a while, maybe once a year or so. Where low leveled, capped, non-geared players, or even full time twinks can all experience what it'd be like to be fully geared. During this one week (or however long the server will run), elites will be flooded with people, every pvp room would be full, just imagine what can happen. Magical.

For sts to make money off this (since it takes time and effort), here is your part of the deal. You can charge anyone who goes on the new server. I'm not sure how this can work, but you guys can find a way. Imagine this: let's just say 1/10 of the arcane legends playerbase wants to try this out. That's ~1 million people right there. You can charge people $0.99 (for instance) to go on the server for a week. That BAM BOOM 1 million dollars right there for your god forsaken company. Imagine, if you charged $4.99 to each person. And let's say 1/20 people (out of the 10 mil) wanted to try this out. 10 mil (people)/20 (1/20 people) = 500,000 (people that try this server) * ~$5 = BAM BOOM $2,500,000. Catch the drift?

I've talked to a group of friends, each of them wouldn't mind putting 5 dollars in the table to have some FUN. Maybe this isn't the best idea in the world, but I won't die posting this thread. How do you guys feel?

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Instanthumor For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts

I think it would be awesome to have a server where we can have access to the best items in the game and test/see how they perform. However, in my perspective I think this would just be another test server that people pay to access for each " test event " which happens at various time frames.

I am not quite sure what the drive would be for Elites though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Here's a better idea IMO.... Add to the game a mechanism by which players can rent their gear for a certain length of time. Let's call this the "rental shop".

Players could purchase rental shop slots for plat or story tokens, same as with the consignment shop. One slot would allow you to rent one item at a time. If you want to rent more, you need more slots (same as the auction).

It could be the same time intervals as the consignment shop uses (12 hours, 24 hours, 3 days). You can list your item for rent at whatever price, and then the item automatically returns to the rental shop at the end of the rental period so that the owner can go pick it up, just like you would pick up an item from the consignment shop after the listing expires.

The rented item will appear the same in the renter's inventory, except it will have the words "(rental)" after its name, and will not be tradable.

This would allow players to rent items to try them out before purchasing, and will also allow players to have more fun on occasion by being fully geared. You could even extend these rentals to eggs and allow a rental egg to be hatched by the renter, but then it returns to its egg when it goes back to the original user.

5. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Here's a better idea IMO.... Add to the game a mechanism by which players can rent their gear for a certain length of time. Let's call this the "rental shop".

Players could purchase rental shop slots for plat or story tokens, same as with the consignment shop. One slot would allow you to rent one item at a time. If you want to rent more, you need more slots (same as the auction).

It could be the same time intervals as the consignment shop uses (12 hours, 24 hours, 3 days). You can list your item for rent at whatever price, and then the item automatically returns to the rental shop at the end of the rental period so that the owner can go pick it up, just like you would pick up an item from the consignment shop after the listing expires.

The rented item will appear the same in the renter's inventory, except it will have the words "(rental)" after its name, and will not be tradable.

This would allow players to rent items to try them out before purchasing, and will also allow players to have more fun on occasion by being fully geared. You could even extend these rentals to eggs and allow a rental egg to be hatched by the renter, but then it returns to its egg when it goes back to the original user.
    Good idea, but how would sts benefit? I don't think it'll be worth it enough for sts to implement.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

I like this a lot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

The numbers you used are slightly skewed. I can assure you there are not 1m active players in arcane legends. I would be surprised if there were many more than 10k.

Still though, comparatively speaking, it's probably decent amount of income.

What they should do is host pvp tournaments on these servers. So everyone can max out their gear and use whatever spec they like.

Obviously some tweaking might need to be done. But I think sts could easily add in support for tracking tournaments.

Imagine the possibilities

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Rare; 08-15-2014 at 07:59 PM.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rare For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Default This idea = sts makes $$$ + makes customers happy

Good Idea eniger

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Just to be clear i accidentally liked instanthumour's post it meant to be enigerzerics post i like

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    Good idea, but how would sts benefit? I don't think it'll be worth it enough for sts to implement.
    It's like those people that hand free out samples in the supermarket. People would open more crates and play more if they got a chance to try out the gear that comes in those crates. It would also serve as another gold sink as there would be a listing fee.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Good idea but it could be easily abused so STS won't implement :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

How could it be abused?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    242 Posts

But the rental stuff should LOOK different, to distinguish it from the owned stuff, like have a different special color (neon green e.g.)

>->->-> Oldest & Finest German Guild in AL -- A Legend itself <-<-<-<
    Tipps, Tricks, Guides und mehr ---> heldenvonheute.forumatic.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    242 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post

For sts to make money off this (since it takes time and effort), here is your part of the deal. You can charge anyone who goes on the new server. I'm not sure how this can work, but you guys can find a way. Imagine this: let's just say 1/10 of the arcane legends playerbase wants to try this out. That's ~1 million people right there. You can charge people $0.99 (for instance) to go on the server for a week. That BAM BOOM 1 million dollars right there for your god forsaken company. Imagine, if you charged $4.99 to each person. And let's say 1/20 people (out of the 10 mil) wanted to try this out. 10 mil (people)/20 (1/20 people) = 500,000 (people that try this server) * ~$5 = BAM BOOM $2,500,000. Catch the drift?

I've talked to a group of friends, each of them wouldn't mind putting 5 dollars in the table to have some FUN. Maybe this isn't the best idea in the world, but I won't die posting this thread. How do you guys feel?

There is one dent in your equation. You think that 10,000,000 download is the actual playerbase. Its not. Its ALL game downloads since gamestart. At least 9/10 of those are zombies. I know from a developer (dont have a quote, this was ages ago) that at an average day there are 5,000 to 10,000 players active (24 h all over the world).

Prep it up to 20,000 or even 50,000 and you have your main playerbase

>->->-> Oldest & Finest German Guild in AL -- A Legend itself <-<-<-<
    Tipps, Tricks, Guides und mehr ---> heldenvonheute.forumatic.com

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frohnatur For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

It's not like everyone is gonna stay active lol, or even try it out

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Think about this.... Other games also offer those free plat offers, and did you ever wonder how many people downloaded Arcane Legends for a free offer from another game?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

As much as i love the sound of getting to test pilot an arcane ring.
    I can only think of a few items people would want to rent. I dont see this being useful enough to be implemented.
    Retired Officer
    Chivalrous Union
    AARRGGGGGG/ARCHANIST

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

How could it be abused?
    1 example:

I could make an alt and buy a Samael egg then rent it to my main every 3 days until I decide to sell it without using any gold. So it's like a free arcane pet.

Also with renting items it would actually lower the amount if crates being opened because friends can share their arcanes without worrying about getting scammed. (Which is a good thing, but there would be no point in spending gold on arcanes when you can just share them with a friend)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjasmurf View Post
    1 example:

I could make an alt and buy a Samael egg then rent it to my main every 3 days until I decide to sell it without using any gold. So it's like a free arcane pet.

Also with renting items it would actually lower the amount if crates being opened because friends can share their arcanes without worrying about getting scammed. (Which is a good thing, but there would be no point in spending gold on arcanes when you can just share them with a friend)
    A good point.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    275 Posts

How about this one:
    Nobody would want to go online on a server Where nothing they do counts in the actual game.
    Atleast not if it Costs something...
    Also, you forget that a major part of the playerbase is kids.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jinathedemo View Post
    How about this one:
    Nobody would want to go online on a server Where nothing they do counts in the actual game.
    Yes they would, it's called having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by jinathedemo View Post
    Also, you forget that a major part of the playerbase is kids.
    Is this in your opinion? Because I haven't seen anything that says the majority of AL playbase are kids.