Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why doesn't the Blizzard Stick get more respect and worth more?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

the DPS of the weapon would probably be against a 0 armor enemy. Every hit has an amount of damage removed by armor. If you have a 50 damage wand attacking a 45 armor enemy 2 times a second, you're only getting 10 damage a second in. Compare that against a 100 damage wand against a 45 armor enemy, 1 shot a second. You're doing 55 damage a second.

This is why you almost never see a dagger or stiletto. You can get 300-400dps really quick, but very little actually passes through armor. Blizzard sticks are just like daggers, with a freeze proc added.
    Foofatooty, 56/Elf - Munobroby, 56/Bear - Tengotengo, 56/Avian - Famlytrucksta, 20something Dog - Oldgerum, 20something Rhino

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by On7H3MooN View Post
    Where do the Blizzard sticks drop?

Is there a Pink Blizzard stick? O-O
    Blizzard stick of Fate, which is just as useless as the more common variants in my opinion.

The enemy armor issue is one thing, the other is that it's puny base damage is reflected to the spell damage whimpering down the pure int damage dealer into a popsicle wielding hobbit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sounds like laser wand is better...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PhreEkGarden View Post

Edit: What is a green burning wand? I don't see any on the auction house, is it something else?
    The green wand is referring to an AO3 drop, a rare 'burning wand of ________' ex. burning wand of brilliance

I have a few on Saul, ask if you want one

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by UniitsHD View Post
    Sounds like laser wand is better...
    If i was the laser wand, i'd be insulted to even be compared to the blizzard stick.
    Laazahater L56 Elf Awesomness : Traigomuerte L56 Pally
    Hanibaz L50 Int/Dex Bear : kraazeva L50 Dex bird
    Badbadtzmaru L27 Dex/Int Elf

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hullukko View Post
    Blizzard stick of Fate, which is just as useless as the more common variants in my opinion.

The enemy armor issue is one thing, the other is that it's puny base damage is reflected to the spell damage whimpering down the pure int damage dealer into a popsicle wielding hobbit.
    I've been using the Blizzard sticks to farm low lvl recipes from FH4. The enemies slowly spawn around Meathead so I'm able to just click auto attack a few times. The enemies in this dungeon have very low armor.

Oh and I can still one shot the lesser zombies with lightning or kill them with one combo of ice + firestorm. :]

Yes I understand that the Blizzard sticks are pretty much useless other than this application. ;]

P.S. Can't use the Laser Wand of the Cosmos or Glow Stick of Shadows yet, not Lvl. 50
    Last edited by On7H3MooN; 04-06-2011 at 05:28 AM.
    MyLovely-Lvl 50 Nuke & Farmin' Mage | MyGirlfriend-Lvl 35 Pally Enchantress | MyJewBanker-Lvl 15 Dex Bear :3

| MyAssassin-Lvl 15 Dex Crow | ***********-???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I agree with the other posters but its a really great weapon to get if you are low on money

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It is only good up to ao3 and not good to use on the aliens. People who use them in balefort sewers barely do anything to those guys. When I was on the upswing from 45 I found it around 46 47 and used it till i hit 50 and switched to the lazer wand. The djinn in ao3 seemed a bit tougher than ao2 and ao but the blizz stick still worked em fairly well. Switching to the laser wand was a noticable improvement though. Even the aliens were dropping quicker. Your best bet is to get to balefort sewers and get a lvl 51 gemstone wand of any kind and you should be set. You will have to run with a lvl 50/51 group to get 50/51 drops though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

I would skip all wands.

Get both a dark matter staff of Thoth/Isis and a alien staff of fate.
    Dark matter darkness proc (ability) lowers armor and hit% of bosses so they are easier to kill, and the alien staff has aoe ice damage with better damage than the apep sunkiller staff.

Seriously staffs over wands. Get a good party so you can survive with less armor.
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arterra View Post
    Wrong thread, but I have one of the rare lev 45 Alien Staff of Fate...

More on topic, I used the Apep Sunkiller (there are four "flavours" with different damage/dodge/hit%) and a Dark Matter Staff from lev 45 to 50, then switched to the Keeper set (additional stat bonus if you have Jacob's Helmet and Mirage Robe too). Expensive, but it definitely worth the money.

After lev 53 yellow/green weapon stat becomes better than premium level 50 pinks and they are cheap, so I switched again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

What do you mean wron g thread lol? Suggesting something other than blizz stick
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

By saying I have one Lev 45 Aliens Staff I am suggesting the possibility to sell it, then my post reply should go in Trader's Market section...

Anyway you are right, the rest of my post is about equipment alternative to Blizzard Stick. Btw I kept one of them because its annoying sound; it is really fun in my rare low level maps runs (up to Fathom Crypt).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

i dont know if any one has answered your questions but the bliz stick doesnt cost much and rarely used cos of the low damage and its not as rare as glow stick or laser wand, following on from what i said about the damage not many int users will pick the bliz stick because the damage isnt enough to break through the armour of the enemys in the higher level dungeons

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I wish playing pl required people to come to here and sign up for a forum acct to logon so they could read informative topics such as this. I try to tell people runnin around BS about the shortcomings of the blizz stick and they refuse to hear it because of the mystifying dps. Ive been cussed and told im stupid to which i usually reply with a boot. -sigh-

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Telling people in game that they should not use a certain weapon is like telling a fellow craps player not to bet the field. Statistics be danged, people are going to play how they want and will just get mad if you tell them otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I understand what you mean about having to overcome that armor threshold but I don't see the skills behaving like you guys say. I'm level 45 and when i switch from my trusty Dreamer's Bony Fire pin with a speed of 1 to a green Blizzard Stick of Brilliance with a speed of 0.5, my skill damage still goes up slightly. From what you said, I expected it to go down. I think I'll try out the Blizz stick as long as I'm not on AO3 or above.
    PL: Jemnus - Lvl 54 Archer; Nasoji - Lvl 54 Enchanter; CaptainUrsa - Lvl 35 Bear;
    AL: Jemnidad - Lvl 30 Sorceror; Starkazm - Lvl 13 Rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Im a lv 53 and I only use blizzard stick of fate in my opinion it rocks. Iv used glow stick and laser wand and got rid of them the same day. All I noticed was my bliss stick kills way faster

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    Telling people in game that they should not use a certain weapon is like telling a fellow craps player not to bet the field. Statistics be danged, people are going to play how they want and will just get mad if you tell them otherwise.
    You're absolutely right. And it's only made harder by a conversation system that doesn't work well when you need to explain several advanced* and lengthy* topics. But it's hard not to try when someone says, in game, "I do more damage than you because my DPS is higher." And I look at their stats, and see in game performance, and wonder what they're smoking.

I understand why DPS is listed, but it's certainly misused and misinterpreted far more than it's probably worth.

* And by advanced and lengthy, I mean basic math and statistics, plus nearly the entire contents of Physio's mechanics post.
    Lilbyrdie - Enchantress; Naabafrekie - Archer; Bearmiathan - Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arterra View Post
    I would skip all wands.

Dark matter darkness proc (ability) lowers armor and hit% of bosses so they are easier to kill, and the alien staff has aoe ice damage with better damage than the apep sunkiller staff.

Seriously staffs over wands. Get a good party so you can survive with less armor.
    what lvl are those staffs??

Tournament & Ladder Leader AbsolutePally's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

I comstantly tell ppl in game not to use the bliz stick. People listen to me bc I have so many pve kills and pvp kills (over 9000) One time I forgot I was using my low level bird and tried to help someone. They cussed me out, called me a noob said I didnt't know anything and ignored me. Wouldn't of happened if I was on my 55.
    In short the blizz stick is a terrible weapon. Dps does not mean anything. Ppl are disillusioned by that amd fooled into thinking it is a great find , "why aren't others using it, it's cheap amd strong."Wrong!! Your spell damage does 90% of the damage, maybe less now bc of gcd so 75% I would say and it is based on the weapons spell damage. Meaning the higher the da,age of weapin, not dps, the stronger the spells. For ex. Keeper staff is slow but does a lot of single hit damage per strike, the spell damage carries over from the actual weapin damage doing,higher spells like fire. Another thing, enemies have armor. I've seen bliz stick users in catacombs, they do 4-20 damage at max to trash heap. Might as well not be there. Seeing as enemies have armor! So u are hitting twice as fast so 8-40 per second. Well I'm doing 80-150 w a staff per second.
    Friends don't let friends use blizz sticks.
    Retired: Alwaysdt 71 Mage. Legends never die, they just fade away.

Revelation