I have recently returned to AL after taking a year off. So, I was able to do quite well with the bonus free plat offers this weekend. However, I'm wondering how I should go about spending my plat. I would prefer to convert the plat to gold, but buying gold with plat directly is a huge ripoff.

So, my question to the community is: How do you spend your plat - opening locked, buying lixers, buying pet eggs (for resale), buying vanities (to sell later), selling lepers?

I've never had much luck opening locked crates. I've never looted a mythic, or even rare pet, in 100 chances or so.

Lixer kits are relatively cheap (gold), so I don't see that as a viable option to convert plat.

I contemplated stocking up on ripmaw eggs, but decided against it. No doubt there are a ton of eggs floating out there now. Plus, the event is about to end.

I had the forsight to spend my plat on kraken vanities before I took a break. They have paid off nicely. However, none of the vanities availble are worth anything significant now. This method, at best, would only pay off once a vanity becomes unavailable for plat purchase.

Selling leps seems somewhat viable. It looks like the ratio is between 1100-1000g/plat. I'd like to believe there is a better return available though. Also, I'm sure there is a stockpile of leps out there. So, finding 1 buyer could be tricky, & multiple buyers even more risky .

As I'm working through this long post, I feel saving the plat for a future event is the best option. What do you think?