Thread: I'm sick and tired of this!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Default I'm sick and tired of this!!

Ok so I'm new to running elites especially elite tindirin. I do runs with random people on most occasions. I meet a small minority of nice people who are willing to help out/explain what to do, where to park, what mobs to kill etc.
    Then there are some players who seem to think they are "too good" for the people out there that are trying to have fun, meet new people and also play seriously too.
    But when stuff like this happens 9/10 times I get sick of it! I'm trying to farm elites to have fun and try get the best gear. It is so hard to get a consistent run in elites now because if people like him/her!
    Yes I might not have any idea what I'm doing when it comes to "taunting" mobs but how hard is it to explain to a player what it means and what to do. It's not like we were running a timed run.
    Just for the people out there that are to impatient to explain what to do for a minute, just think there was someone who taught you how to run elites! Because I'm sure as hell you didn't learn all by yourself! Just give back and show support for other players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Remiem; 08-26-2014 at 11:14 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Are you a tank?? Feels like you are since in conversation I read you have to "Taunt" mobs...

So taunting means to take attention of the mobs(enemies) towards you in simple words. So that mobs attack you instead of other dps(rouges and mages) who doesnt have that much hp/armor to survive those mob hits.

And for your problem... Thats why there are elite farming guilds there... like mine Elite Runners...
    There are many peoples who uses the elixirs by paying plat/gold and dont want to waste it so they just leave and they want to do runs with peoples who know what to do so that they can complete the run faster and their lixs are not wasted...

The best way is to get into some farming guilds. In which people even teach eachother how to run maps.
    And yes there is this thread which can help you to understand how to run elite tindirin maps
    Hope this helps
    Last edited by GuardianTwo; 08-26-2014 at 06:32 AM. Reason: Typo :P

Nice Art
    Need help?
    Guardian2:Tank ; Guardian3:Mage

3. The Following User Says Thank You to GuardianTwo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianTwo View Post
    Are you a tank?? Feels like you are since in conversation I read you have to "Taunt" mobs...

So taunting means to take attention of the mobs(enemies) towards you in simple words. So that mobs attack you instead of other dps(rouges and mages) who doesnt have that much hp/armor to survive those mob hits.

And for your problem... Thats why there are elite farming guilds there... like mine Elite Runners...
    There are many peoples who uses the elixirs by paying plat/gold and dont want to waste it so they just leave and they want to do runs with peoples who know what to do so that they can complete the run faster and their lixs are not wasted...

The best way is to get into some farming guilds. In which people even teach eachother how to run maps.
    And yes there is this thread which can help you to understand how to run elite tindirin maps
    Hope this helps
    Yeah you guessed right I'm a tank lol.
    But thanks for your help. I'll add too in the first 3 mobs I was "taunting" them. (I didn't know it was called that) we killed them in less then 3 mins. Like I said some people like you are very helpful. And some aren't.
    I was looking at joining a guild especially elite runners which is a great guild I've seen and heard about. But I just started one and it seems to be a waste of money closing it lol.

Thanks again

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

I'll say this. You can't blame them. People come to play this game for fun. Not necessarily to be teachers to random players they don't know.

A bad bad run could mean 45 minutes of your time wasted. Don't blame them for leaving. Instead use it as motivation. At least he wasn't a jerk about it.

There are people who well help ^^. But it's not everyone and it doesn't make them bad people.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rare View Post
    I'll say this. You can't blame them. People come to play this game for fun. Not necessarily to be teachers to random players they don't know.

A bad bad run could mean 45 minutes of your time wasted. Don't blame them for leaving. Instead use it as motivation. At least he wasn't a jerk about it.

Yes i agree, i should have mention this too sorry lol... Nice point
    but maybe it doesnt take a whole lot of time to write "Just take their attentions towards you..."
    But I still agree with you

Nice Art
    Need help?
    Guardian2:Tank ; Guardian3:Mage

I unlive in Underworld. Unlive, not live.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    272 Posts

It seems He angry too quickly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    251 Posts

There is thread abouts elites tindirins is vary good thread. Join understanding guild not make ur own. U need to learn, u can't learn with pugs or by ur self.

I am learning but is hard as my brain has been dead for the last twenty years.
    Last edited by Xorrior; 08-26-2014 at 08:35 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

I know how difficult it is trying to get your feet wet in elites. I'm not so far removed from it all that I have forgotten how overwhelming it can be when you enter elites for the first time and you get hammered by a large pull. Tank, or no tank, having 30 OP mobs all pounding on you at once is....uh, intense.

We've got some really good tanks in guild that can help you with your build if you are setting up for pure PvE.

I can certainly help by going over strategies in each map. It's one thing to read how and where to park, and something else entirely to see it being done. Honestly, all you need is just a few dozen runs to get the hang of it all.

Generally, I try to separate my gaming time by devoting part of it to training and general guild upkeep (including AP runs, recruit runs, etc.), part is for soloing and the rest is for farming (from fun runs through hardcore pro-style runs).

Don't be afraid to PM me. I'm here to help.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rare View Post

There are people who well help ^^. But it's not everyone and it doesn't make them bad people.

Yeah I understand what you mean. And it does suck for people like me who have just started doing elites.
    But even something simple as people saying "keep mobs attention on you" that's simple I know as a tank I have to do that, I had no idea what "taunt" meant lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
    I know how difficult it is trying to get your feet wet in elites. I'm not so far removed from it all that I have forgotten how overwhelming it can be when you enter elites for the first time and you get hammered by a large pull. Tank, or no tank, having 30 OP mobs all pounding on you at once is....uh, intense.

We've got some really good tanks in guild that can help you with your build if you are setting up for pure PvE.

I can certainly help by going over strategies in each map. It's one thing to read how and where to park, and something else entirely to see it being done. Honestly, all you need is just a few dozen runs to get the hang of it all.

Generally, I try to separate my gaming time by devoting part of it to training and general guild upkeep (including AP runs, recruit runs, etc.), part is for soloing and the rest is for farming (from fun runs through hardcore pro-style runs).

Don't be afraid to PM me. I'm here to help.
    Exactly. I have good stats when it comes to elites and having a mob of 5+ attacking you even when your spamming potions and trying to attack at the same time they are still strong and with the littlest amount of ping you die.
    About my gear/stats I've talked to Leonytisa about them and she has talked to her guild members and she said that they are good stats for elite. Bar afew things I need but they will come in time when I save up money.
    Thanks I appreciate that your willing to help me out. And I know most people would be happy too aswell. I'll get there in the end just like I did with the caves I ran it afew times now I know where to attack where to park etc. I'm sure it will be the same with rockhorn.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xeusx View Post
    It seems He angry too quickly.
    Yeah it seems that way but I'm sure you don't have the same problem as me.
    Surely you can agree with me when I get frustrated when I use 100-200+ potions, damage elixers and luck elixers and people quit after 10 mins it's a massive waste of plat and gold.