Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Rogue's Tips & Tricks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    I would get an imbued will set or imbued brutality set then. Either of the two, you should find appealing. If you lack mana, go with 1 imbued brut piece and 1 imbued potency piece.
    Kk ty much bud

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Name:  Screenshot_2015-05-10-21-51-37.jpg
Views: 1386
Size:  212.0 KB

The product so far just need the ring and lll be ok haha ty again for all the tips made it much easier to bring her up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

I would get an imbued will set or imbued brutality set then. Either of the two, you should find appealing. If you lack mana, go with 1 imbued brut piece and 1 imbued potency piece.
    This is the exact combo of imbued that both Candy and I use. 1 pot plus 1 brut is an awesome combo until something better comes along...

ALSO NOTE: There was a time when Parth almost made a science out of pve builds too...js. ;^}
    Last edited by notfaded1; 05-18-2015 at 03:26 PM.
    rogue ~ retired GM Enigmatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

The Nox description is due to an update. Nab.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Madnex For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Guide updated with the bug fixes!
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Bump up to get to 10 posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Do you think the duration for Razor shield is worth a point? I play Lvl 17 Rogue and I use Pierce, Aim, Razor and Packs. I've got a point into Passive instead of the duration upgrade. Is a point worth for 3 seconds?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Wow good info.at least I saw it today

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Need Build for lv 46 pls ? stats and skills

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

lvl 46 rogue pve and pvp build pls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Guide has been updated. It may be revised later on as well.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Shadow Storm Shot is a very good skill in KM3. Since KM3 is like the bread and butter area of farming, its good to have it. Charged SSS does about 1500 aoe damage at 600 DMG stat enough to kill the summons from blue mage and can almost one hit the archers. And in KM3 your always running in a straight line anyway making it easier to target the SSS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Safiras View Post
    Your point is valid. However you should realise that as a result you are only using it for one specific farming location. In the harder elite dungeons the damage from SSS hardly scratches the easiest mobs. So if you're a pure locked crate farmer then by all means spec SSS. If your farming rounds are more diversified and involve places like elite Tindirin, Planar Tombs and Elite Rengol, it would be best to spend your skill points in other things.
    If you're running with rogue set myth bonus, SSS can always hit four targets which makes it better than veil/razor (if you don't have an issue with surviving, that is). That being said, it's least useful in the last Tindirin maps since the majority of the mobs cannot be stunned (but no one runs those anyway). So in a maxed or near maxed party with trap set bonus, SSS is the best fourth skill you can throw in.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Madnex For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Im just saying this guide is a little biased as it does not include all of the player base. It is only focused on the very end game and does not include the usefulness of Shadow Storm Shot in the early stages of farming in KM3 or even leveling up as a rogue.

To make such a statement about SSS being completely useless infuriates me as i have been using it to clear lots of KM3's while watching other rogues just running in circles unable to clear the groups of mobs, expecting to just kill the bosses. I am able to contribute more by killing enough mobs with my SSS allowing the Archer boss to spawn faster and running to the right side in time before the party kills Hayley without me.

So I believe Shadow Storm Shot deserves its recognition because the farming time required in KM3 is significantly long enough to make SSS a skill worth getting during this time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

cooool nice thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Hello all,

Personally, I think this is long overdue. With the skill display being inaccurate, giving away the knowledge that I know about rogues seems to be the appropriate thing to do.

Rogue Skills:

Aimed Shot:
    The second hit of Aimed Shot will always hit harder than the first due to the 10% increased damage upgrade. Therefore, I recommend that every user of this skill spec 5/5 in this. Additionally, each time you fire this skill, you boost your crit by 10% for 5 seconds. This buff stacks, so you can stack it 2-3 times which equals around 20-30% critical boost. You can also fire Aimed Shot as a way to see if it is okay to pierce forward to speed up movement If the arrow flies forward, generally it is okay to pierce. However, on some occasions it will not be. This is due to the 14mm range of Aimed Shot and 16mm range of Shadow Piercer. Use common sense to differentiate in these occasions.

Noxious Bolt:
    Noxious Bolt is quite a tricky skill with many applications. If you charge the arrow, you are rewarded with an AOE DOT that stacks but does not crit. This is best utilized with the AOE upgrade located in the skill tab. For PvP users, it is recommended to only have 1/5 Noxious Bolt in their build mainly because it reduces poison damage therefore making it far less deadly against curse users.
    - Will kill you against Curse users, refrain from using unless spec'd 1/5 Noxious Bolt
    - Will help keep Juggernaut users alive so long as Juggernaut is active. The low poison damage acts as a trigger on Juggernaut to self heal. Refrain from using when Juggernaut is active.

Razor Shield:
    This shield will grant you stun immunity from even the most gruesome of stuns: terrify & panic. You must charge Razor Shield to be granted stun immunity. All in all, a very useful skill in the rogue's arsenal.

Medic Packs
    These packs will always heal 25-30% of your health depending on the upgrades and where you are playing (PvE or PvP). In PvP, they are a rogue's bread and butter. Since the packs stay around for about 30-35 seconds, it is recommended that a rogue drops them when entering combat to start the cool-down of the skill & then absorbing them (by running over them) when needed. This should provide you time to instantly re-pack when you run out of 3 packs (depending on the situation).

Shadow Storm Shot
    Perhaps the most useless skill in a rogue's arsenal. With all the upgrades, the skill barely hits higher than a charged auto attack. Damage is dispersed as an AOE but since the skill does not auto-aim, you cannot run and shoot, therefore making it even more crippled. On top of all of this, it is the longest cool down of any rogue arrow.

Traps
    Very useful in PvE to snare mobs, cause insane bleed damage, and ignore cool down of skill. Additionally, it has a low mana cost while dishing out serious bleed damage to mobs. If used properly, it can be an effective crowd control as well as damage dealer. Practice with this skill to make for efficient run times.

It is not very useful in PvP, but one can activate his/her own traps by running over them in a PvP environment.*

*= This does not apply for PvE

Shadow Veil
    This skill is useful both in PvP and PvE. On top of granting a party 20% armor, which is the highest armor boost of any skill, it will boost the entire party's damage and reduce the enemy's damage & hit percent by a considerable amount when standing inside the veil. Therefore, this makes for a great team skill in PvE/PvP and 1v1 skill. However, keep in mind that hit percent debuffs are useless in a PvP environment.

Shadow Piercer
    This skill is the longest range skill a rogue utilizes & can help a rogue cover great lengths of distance across a map. However, it comes at a cost - mana. Additionally, this skill is bugged in PvE so it can hit almost as high as an aimed shot, partly which makes a rogue so overpowered. Upgrades on this skill are a waste for the most part, except for the health regen. Do not bother with the armor reduction chance upgrade because your aimed shot already debuffs an opponent's armor & debuffs do not stack - only the highest debuff applies.

Mythic Rogue Weapons [L46]:

Weapon Preference:

PvP:
    • Rogue's Damage % boosts do not work in CTF due to a damage percent nerf to rogues in CTF.
    • Only the highest percent buff applies.
    • Speed boosts are reduced to 0% once speed debuffed.
    • Only the highest percent debuff applies.
    • Debuffs override buffs, hence the glitch where rogue's damage % boosts do not work in CTF (including damage % pets)

PvP Build:
    • 5/5 Aimed Shot
    • 5/5 Noxious Bolt
    • 2/5 Shadow Piercer (Health Upgrade)
    • 5/5 Medic Packs
    • 3/5 Razor Shield (Last Upgrade - Stun Immunity & Extended Duration Upgrade. Charge shield as a pre-emptive move to avoid stuns. Swap Noxious Bolt for Razor Shield when fighting Nott.)
    • 5/5 Defense
    • 5/5 Str/Int/Dex
    • 5/5 Critical

Since PvE Builds can vary on which map you are running, I will not be covering a specific PvE build. Your basic veil, aimed shot, noxious bolt, shadow piercer will do fine.

Enjoy!
    very helpful thread :-) hoping that there is a PRO MAGE who will make an awesome thread like this :-(

Sent from my I212 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

zeus you sell you imbued full para ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Make this thread sticky...
    In the internet, you can be Whoever you want, I wonder why some people choose to become idiots...
    Intous - High Society

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I don't actually give a lot of thanks for posts but this thread definitely needs a +1. everything was detailed and all entailing questions were answered correctly and politely. Great Job!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Old but Gold! Was looking for a detailed thread such as this.. Good One!