Thread: Movement problems on Droid

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Default Movement problems on Droid

I started playing an intchantress and at first I loved it! I'd agro large mobs and run circles around them or solo kite the Spirit of Fire. But then once i had a few more cool spells to use, I started noticing a serious movement lag whenever I would start to spam my spells. I can't tell for sure but it looks like when I try to cast lots of spell quickly (like when I really need to get away) and move the virtual joystick, my Droid can't keep up. My squishy little intchantress would look like she was out of harms way only to see her dying at the feet of a mob that I thought was much further away. I'd also see her pause while casting some spells. I've noticed that even though I haven't moved my finger off the virtual joystick, sometimes my Droid indicates that I'm no longer moving. I'd like to try playing on an iPod to compare but in the meantime I've respeced to a pally to avoid the issue. Does anyone else see this? Maybe I just need to learn how to account for the delay...?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I have had the same problem on mine. I would assume its an issue with your wife or service connection. My droid 2 global is plenty fast when the signal is good. Although my ping stays above 100

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I'm glad I'm not the only one with this problem! Your message really caught me off guard, I knew what you meant but I first thought "Well I'll ask my wife but I don't think she's causing the problem!" But like you, my ping seems to be fine. Maybe if I find out how to test my fps that might give me a clue.

the REAL jersey shore not that crap from the tv
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have a droid 1, incredible, fascinate, and r2d2. the best quality gameplay i get is on the fascinate, but i have the same issues only when i have a bad ping.

the highest i've seen it stay while playing was around 12,000. once i set my phone up for my home LAN i have kept my ping around 65-90. see if using a fast wireless connection will change your issues. the ping can fluctuate and revert without you knowing it if you lose a bar or two under normal cel connection and cause a lag in gameplay that you might not even see register with the ping alert.

another issue is that of the phone itself. I also get a bit of lag when my phone starts overheating (usually around 6 or 7 hours of straight gameplay will do this) right before it shuts itself down. you can also try setting your graphics settings to minimal and see if that changes your lag issue. if it does, i'd lean more towards it being a graphical or main processor issue as i noticed choppiness on the droid 1 and incredible, more smoothness on the r2d2, and near perfection on the fascinate. as they have increasingly better processors and graphical processing components. here's hoping any of that helps you out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i have it on some specific locations, like at the Crusher area near the KING, and the portal area at VL.
    Ping also increasing to 250+ instead of the steady 100-200 ping
    Level 54 -- Level 07 -- Level 50
    Ursanblessing - Icannotres - Birdinpink
    Warrior --- Mage --- Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

oh i did notice it in the shadow caves my first time there and once on the overlord, but i'm not sure if my computer was downloading on the network at the same time or not
    Orlox (51) Archer - Zombified (56) Enchantress - Murdalyzer (55) Warrior Frightmare(20) Operative

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

Most droids aren't true multi-touch, they just use software to mimic it. So if your hand is using the joystick and you try to cast spells while doing that.. give up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yes, otukura, i did notice that with my droid 1 consistently. the r2d2 seems to have the same issue from time to time, but i can def get some good multitouch out of the fascinate, i can move around and pinch zoom at the same time. as for the reviews i could give to anyone, the galaxy series of phones definitely do work quite well and run the game very smoooooooothly. sorry finger got stuck on the o key but it kinda made it look funny so lol
    Orlox (51) Archer - Zombified (56) Enchantress - Murdalyzer (55) Warrior Frightmare(20) Operative

Senior Member MAGICAL POCKET LEGEND's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm u spelt enchantress wrong
    Current Active account: Okaberintarou and Xranmourix

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

aich ay ecksclaahmayshun poynt (ha!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Otukura View Post
    Most droids aren't true multi-touch, they just use software to mimic it. So if your hand is using the joystick and you try to cast spells while doing that.. give up.
    I share these issues with my Droid 2 tho I think "giving up" is a little severe. It's functional 90% of the time.

Your comment regarding "true multi-touch" is a little intriguing because I know the first Droid's weren't released with the capability right off the line so one could presume it to be the cause of all the evil. Now I'm not an engineer but I imagine the software is what controls the functionality of the touch screen regardless of the brand. Are you saying there's a problem with the Droid's software or some other physical bottleneck within the phone's makeup?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

^ i love this kids forum name LOL
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11145&dateline=130178  8828

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

I figured someone would "get" it eventually. ;D