Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Level cap for XP

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Level cap for XP

Powerleveling is a problem, so I think that if you put a cap in place that you need to be a certain distance away from the highest player in the party in order to get XP, you would eliminate that issue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

That wouldn't work really. What about unhosted instances like the hidden passages? If a high level joins all of a sudden no one gets XP? That doesn't seem right to me.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

You really must have had bad teams. Bad players will always be bad doesn't matter if they powered leveled or not. I have had bad days with pugs that us why I don't do them on VL or shadow caves anymore. Either I stick with known good players and their powered leveled alts and leave the others for other types of run. I know a lot of people that have powered level characters and I would have them any day instead of a regular leveled character that will always be a bad player.
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
    That wouldn't work really. What about unhosted instances like the hidden passages? If a high level joins all of a sudden no one gets XP? That doesn't seem right to me.
    Put it on the group to kick the high level. I know that there are drops in the swamp that are valuable, but 50s can do that on their own, why would they want more people in the party to take their drop? Or, have caps on newly started games where you can't enter if you above or below a certain level.
    Last edited by BeefyMeat; 01-20-2011 at 04:12 PM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shemron View Post
    You really must have had bad teams. Bad players will always be bad doesn't matter if they powered leveled or not. I have had bad days with pugs that us why I don't do them on VL or shadow caves anymore. Either I stick with known good players and their powered leveled alts and leave the others for other types of run. I know a lot of people that have powered level characters and I would have them any day instead of a regular leveled character that will always be a bad player.
    It's just as of late that there have been some real dummies. I get there will always be good and bad players, but powerleveling creates more of an issue than good for the game as a whole. Like I've said in the other thread, just because you leveled a bear to 50 doesn't mean you're ready to be a mage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Dude for real you have it all mixed up. Sure some idiots who want to be powered level because they can't get to 50 on their own but there are others that are just tired of leveling alts and just want to focus on end game content. You will just have to figure it out yourself. When you see a bad player ruining your run just ask them if he was powered leveled and make a poll for yourself. Then post the results. Saying that the powered leveled people don't know how to play the game is just like saying men can't dance or any stereotype you find.
    Sig by KLEMEN

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BeefyMeat View Post
    It's just as of late that there have been some real dummies. I get there will always be good and bad players, but powerleveling creates more of an issue than good for the game as a whole. Like I've said in the other thread, just because you leveled a bear to 50 doesn't mean you're ready to be a mage.
    Hahah, Your experience in the game caused you to blame people who want to lvl up fast. This wouldnt work the game is based on team gameplays as you can see when the joining and hosting game system and Shemron thats what I told him but he wouldnt listen cause his furious off idiots running around victory lap go find some friends "add them" and run Vl with them to avoid noobs simple.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't care if someone is sick of leveling, thats the game. If you don't like it, don't play.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Reported View Post
    Hahah, Your experience in the game caused you to blame people who want to lvl up fast. This wouldnt work the game is based on team gameplays as you can see when the joining and hosting game system and Shemron thats what I told him but he wouldnt listen cause his furious off idiots running around victory lap go find some friends "add them" and run Vl with them to avoid noobs simple.
    You really have no clue about me. You can have team gameplay while having a level cap in place. You just have to have teams with your own level, and not mooch off high level friends.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't care if someone is sick of leveling, thats the game. If you don't like it, don't play.
    If you dont like it then dont play..! like you said

THE END.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

This is your first MMO right? Anyways its not worth my time I do hope you get a really good player and then realize he was one of the powered leveled people by Reported. Good luck in your life.

peace I'm out
    Sig by KLEMEN

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just find that I'm the bad guy when you are just as adamant about it being allowed as I am for finding a way to get rid of it...

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shemron View Post
    This is your first MMO right? Anyways its not worth my time I do hope you get a really good player and then realize he was one of the powered leveled people by Reported. Good luck in your life.

peace I'm out
    Not at all, but that has nothing to do with this.

I hope I get a good player too, benefits me.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Why are you so for having powerleveling? It doesn't help you guys, you're already 50s. What would you miss out on should it be done away with?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Get off forums no one likes you, you complain cause you have a "bad" gaming experience but for us ask anyone they have fun

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Get off forums no one likes you, you complain cause you have a "bad" gaming experience but for us ask anyone they have fun
    What would you miss out on if it was taken away? Seeing you're a 50, you wouldn't miss out on XP. You've made it clear that your list is loaded with lvl 50 friends, so your ability to find parties isn't affected....what would you miss out on?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What would you miss out on if it was taken away? Seeing you're a 50, you wouldn't miss out on XP. You've made it clear that your list is loaded with lvl 50 friends, so your ability to find parties isn't affected....what would you miss out on?
    I didnt say my list was loaded with 50`s? I dont add random people you know..want a screenie of my friends list..your just a waste of time stop hating on the people and just play the game if yuo dont like it you can solo

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I didnt say my list was loaded with 50`s? I dont add random people you know..want a screenie of my friends list..your just a waste of time stop hating on the people and just play the game if yuo dont like it you can solo
    I'm sure you can find people to party with, but still, what do you miss out on without powerleveling?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm sure you can find people to party with, but still, what do you miss out on without powerleveling?
    I dont miss out on anything cause one of my goals is to reach 100k+ PvE kills. If I get bored I PvP I have other chars to do this on

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So, then why are you so against getting rid of it and making people earn their way through the game?