Thread: [Suggestion]Custom Pets

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Lightbulb [Suggestion]Custom Pets

Hello STS and fellow Arlorians,
    I recently read up Kal's post on custom upgrades which was very exciting for me to go through. So I have another idea as well.

CUSTOM PETS

The idea is simple. There will be a new shop saying "AL's Pet Corner". Everything about pets is customizable in this shop. So let me explain what happens when a player visits this shop.
    (1)When visited Alooney(NPC) of AL's Pet Corner, he would show you first all the base models of the pets he has. The base models till now AL supports are deer, ram, dragon, komodo, turtle, skeletons, etc. This base model has no stats associated with it. This would be just for selection on how your pet looks.
    (2)Now comes the coloring part. STS can implement coding schemes to allow different parts of the base model different color or if they think its getting too complicated they could stick to mono coloring scheme, i.e. same color on specific parts of the pet. e.g. Samael is silver and singe is red. So in this part after selecting the base model we would select the color of the pet. A lot of us don't like the brown color of scorch. SO if we had this we could change it something we desire.
    (3)Thus till now we have a base model pet with our own color without any stats. Now comes the stat part. This is where most of the coding should be done.
    (a)First we have to select the rarity slot we want: Rare, epic, legendary, mythic or arcane.
    (b)Rare slots would have 3-4 spaces to fill with stats. Epic pets 5-6, legendary:6-7 , mythic pets: 9-10 spaces and arcane pets: 15-18 spaces.
    (c)We would have stats in the blocks of 5. e.g. 5 primary stats, 5 str, 5 damage percentage, 5 crit, 5 mana regen, etc.
    So now let us look how to fill the respective slot with stats:
    E.g. Lets say I have mythic slot(i.e. 10 spaces). So now if I want to fill it with stats I could do the following:
    1st space: 5 primary stat
    2nd space: 5 primary stat
    3rd space: 5 crit
    4th space: 5 crit
    5th space: 5 str
    6th space: 5 int
    7th space: 5 movement
    8th space: 5 damage percent
    9th space:5 damage percent
    10th space: 5 mana regen

So I have a mythic pet with following stats: +10 primary stat, +10 crit, +5 str, +5 int, +5 movement,+10 damage and +5 mana regen.
    Of course it seems op for a mythic pet. It looks like it surpasses even arcane pets but let us take a look at mythic pet scorch.
    Its stats are : 15 movement, 12 crit, 20 primary stat, 160 mana and 8 mana regen.
    If breaking it by 5 rule,
    we have 5 x3 movement , 6 x2 crit(taken 6 instead of 5 for simplicity's sake), 5x4 primary stat, 5 int=50 mana thus 160 mana is equivalent to 5x3 int and 5x2 mana regen. So adding up we get 13 spaces whereas I have only taken 10 spaces .

Once the stats are done the only remaining part is arcane ability. Arcane ability CANNOT be given to be chosen by users because everybody will chose banish and terrify. So we would have turtles and lizards and skeletons all banishing and terrifying.
    Instead with each slot rarity there should be a specific sets of arcane ability available let there be 10 initially. In the example given above, I have just statted a mythic pet. Now I come to the arcane ability page. I would see what arcane abilities this pet can have. Maybe e.g. scorch shield, stun and damage increase to player, etc. However even on this page I WONT BE ABLE to choose the arcane ability. The arcane ability has to be applied on a roll basis much like getting a grand gem. We all know how hard that can be.
    So I applied the stats and now given to craft my egg maybe for 6hrs. After 6 hrs when its out of oven, it should be Alooney should be give my egg which should mention alteast the arcane ability given to it. If I don't like the arcane ability I would give it back to him and say craft again. This process will continue until the day comes when I receive my pet like the way I want. Tada!!
    This concludes the shop details

From this part I would include how everybody , player and STS would profit from this change in gameplay. First as STS is game developer I would list their profits first and then players.
    STS:
    (1)The rarity slots can be purchased with platinums. e.g. Rare slots(5 plat), epic slots(20 plat). Legendary(50 plats). Mythic slots(250 plats). Arcane slots will not be purchasable via plat directly and must be looted via locked crates or elite missions if STS desires.
    (2)Much like grand gem system, many people will continuously try to reroll their egg crafting and hurry finishing it (with plat)to get their desired arcane ability. Also keep in mind regarding grand gems it was 50/50 chance for getting a grand, either its a grand or not. But with even say 10 arcane ability the chance is 1/10 and so your profits would surely get multiplied by the factor of how much arcane abilities are available.
    (3)Also people would open lockeds for that arcane pet slot like they always do
    (4)For the rest of your life you guys don't have to come with any stats on any pets ever. Isn't it great? All you do is come up with great designs and great arcane abilities.

Players:
    (1)First panic is if eggs don't drop what are we gonna sell? Instead of eggs dropping the first 3 rarity slots would drop. You could sell those slots(rare, epic and legendary)
    (2)The second egg crafting for desirable arcane ability should always require some resources. This resource would be 10k gold or anything appropriate. Imagine the gold sink it would act as.

Some other tweaks that would be required:
    (1)All stats that could be stacked should be given a upper limit. What I mean to say that I should not be able to add +5 crit on my mythic pet 10 times. That would mean +50 crit from one pet. Every stat should have a upper limit according to the rarity of pet.
    (2)Obviously the eggs crafted should not be tradeable because the buyer would not be able to see how the pet looks or know the stats of the pet other than the arcane ability. So there would be chances of scamming if these eggs are made tradeable.
    (3)Places where eggs used to drop would be replaced by slots of the same rarity.
    (4)This slots would then be tradeable.

Thus in short , the current dynamics is same , arcane pet from lockeds, mythic pets for 250 lockeds and other pets from arlor or plat purchased. Even you can trade the slots. The only difference is that you can make your own pet and your own designs and that way you can make up your toon totally unique and be awesome .

Please feel free to post your feedback. This is my first suggestion so please be light with me . Criticism and appreciation both are appreciated but please keep it constructive.
    Thanks to Kal because her post inspired and to Gluttony's awesome thread on pet system. I consulted it so many times. Thank you
    Cause Anarchial causes only ANARCHY!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anarchial For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hm....I like your idea
    This way maybe lock prices could go up ^_^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs up ok thats a good idea but I think its a little too hard on the players with no plats

Ok its a good idea but players with no platinum will find it hard to get eggs wont they.so im thinking like this the eggs r tradable but during trade when thr buyer clicks on the egg he can see its basic structure stats and abilities too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchial View Post
    Hello STS and fellow Arlorians,
    I recently read up Kal's post on custom upgrades which was very exciting for me to go through. So I have another idea as well.

CUSTOM PETS

The idea is simple. There will be a new shop saying "AL's Pet Corner". Everything about pets is customizable in this shop. So let me explain what happens when a player visits this shop.
    (1)When visited Alooney(NPC) of AL's Pet Corner, he would show you first all the base models of the pets he has. The base models till now AL supports are deer, ram, dragon, komodo, turtle, skeletons, etc. This base model has no stats associated with it. This would be just for selection on how your pet looks.
    (2)Now comes the coloring part. STS can implement coding schemes to allow different parts of the base model different color or if they think its getting too complicated they could stick to mono coloring scheme, i.e. same color on specific parts of the pet. e.g. Samael is silver and singe is red. So in this part after selecting the base model we would select the color of the pet. A lot of us don't like the brown color of scorch. SO if we had this we could change it something we desire.
    (3)Thus till now we have a base model pet with our own color without any stats. Now comes the stat part. This is where most of the coding should be done.
    (a)First we have to select the rarity slot we want: Rare, epic, legendary, mythic or arcane.
    (b)Rare slots would have 3-4 spaces to fill with stats. Epic pets 5-6, legendary:6-7 , mythic pets: 9-10 spaces and arcane pets: 15-18 spaces.
    (c)We would have stats in the blocks of 5. e.g. 5 primary stats, 5 str, 5 damage percentage, 5 crit, 5 mana regen, etc.
    So now let us look how to fill the respective slot with stats:
    E.g. Lets say I have mythic slot(i.e. 10 spaces). So now if I want to fill it with stats I could do the following:
    1st space: 5 primary stat
    2nd space: 5 primary stat
    3rd space: 5 crit
    4th space: 5 crit
    5th space: 5 str
    6th space: 5 int
    7th space: 5 movement
    8th space: 5 damage percent
    9th space:5 damage percent
    10th space: 5 mana regen

So I have a mythic pet with following stats: +10 primary stat, +10 crit, +5 str, +5 int, +5 movement,+10 damage and +5 mana regen.
    Of course it seems op for a mythic pet. It looks like it surpasses even arcane pets but let us take a look at mythic pet scorch.
    Its stats are : 15 movement, 12 crit, 20 primary stat, 160 mana and 8 mana regen.
    If breaking it by 5 rule,
    we have 5 x3 movement , 6 x2 crit(taken 6 instead of 5 for simplicity's sake), 5x4 primary stat, 5 int=50 mana thus 160 mana is equivalent to 5x3 int and 5x2 mana regen. So adding up we get 13 spaces whereas I have only taken 10 spaces .

Once the stats are done the only remaining part is arcane ability. Arcane ability CANNOT be given to be chosen by users because everybody will chose banish and terrify. So we would have turtles and lizards and skeletons all banishing and terrifying.
    Instead with each slot rarity there should be a specific sets of arcane ability available let there be 10 initially. In the example given above, I have just statted a mythic pet. Now I come to the arcane ability page. I would see what arcane abilities this pet can have. Maybe e.g. scorch shield, stun and damage increase to player, etc. However even on this page I WONT BE ABLE to choose the arcane ability. The arcane ability has to be applied on a roll basis much like getting a grand gem. We all know how hard that can be.
    So I applied the stats and now given to craft my egg maybe for 6hrs. After 6 hrs when its out of oven, it should be Alooney should be give my egg which should mention alteast the arcane ability given to it. If I don't like the arcane ability I would give it back to him and say craft again. This process will continue until the day comes when I receive my pet like the way I want. Tada!!

I very much like your idea, but I think it should be harder to get aa terrify/stun/panic pet, as the CC pets are quite OP as it is.
    If you made it so only the e.g. skeleton could posssess the terrify ability, then you'd have to upgrade it until you got it. Also it should then be harder to "loot" the pets body (Skeleton, turtle, dragon etc). Players with plat will easily be able to upgrade until they got a terrify/panic. OR maybe a limit on looted terrify/panic/stun AAs .

This concludes the shop details

From this part I would include how everybody , player and STS would profit from this change in gameplay. First as STS is game developer I would list their profits first and then players.
    STS:
    (1)The rarity slots can be purchased with platinums. e.g. Rare slots(5 plat), epic slots(20 plat). Legendary(50 plats). Mythic slots(250 plats). Arcane slots will not be purchasable via plat directly and must be looted via locked crates or elite missions if STS desires.
    (2)Much like grand gem system, many people will continuously try to reroll their egg crafting and hurry finishing it (with plat)to get their desired arcane ability. Also keep in mind regarding grand gems it was 50/50 chance for getting a grand, either its a grand or not. But with even say 10 arcane ability the chance is 1/10 and so your profits would surely get multiplied by the factor of how much arcane abilities are available.
    (3)Also people would open lockeds for that arcane pet slot like they always do
    (4)For the rest of your life you guys don't have to come with any stats on any pets ever. Isn't it great? All you do is come up with great designs and great arcane abilities.

Players:
    (1)First panic is if eggs don't drop what are we gonna sell? Instead of eggs dropping the first 3 rarity slots would drop. You could sell those slots(rare, epic and legendary)

I quite like the current pet system, and think it should stay in the game. Pets are a major part of the achievement section.

(2)The second egg crafting for desirable arcane ability should always require some resources. This resource would be 10k gold or anything appropriate. Imagine the gold sink it would act as.

Some other tweaks that would be required:
    (1)All stats that could be stacked should be given a upper limit. What I mean to say that I should not be able to add +5 crit on my mythic pet 10 times. That would mean +50 crit from one pet. Every stat should have a upper limit according to the rarity of pet.
    (2)Obviously the eggs crafted should not be tradeable because the buyer would not be able to see how the pet looks or know the stats of the pet other than the arcane ability. So there would be chances of scamming if these eggs are made tradeable.

Definitely not tradeable!

(3)Places where eggs used to drop would be replaced by slots of the same rarity.
    (4)This slots would then be tradeable.

Thus in short , the current dynamics is same , arcane pet from lockeds, mythic pets for 250 lockeds and other pets from arlor or plat purchased. Even you can trade the slots. The only difference is that you can make your own pet and your own designs and that way you can make up your toon totally unique and be awesome .

Please feel free to post your feedback. This is my first suggestion so please be light with me . Criticism and appreciation both are appreciated but please keep it constructive.
    Thanks to Kal because her post inspired and to Gluttony's awesome thread on pet system. I consulted it so many times. Thank you
    I like this suggestion, but I think it should have been implented when the game was launched then. As the pet system is honestly fine how it is, and coloring is a personal taste. If you add something like Pet bodies/colors can only be looted in yadda yadda yadda elite"., there would be a great reason to implent it. A very good one at that!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Soundlesskill View Post
    I like this suggestion, but I think it should have been implented when the game was launched then. As the pet system is honestly fine how it is, and coloring is a personal taste. If you add something like Pet bodies/colors can only be looted in yadda yadda yadda elite"., there would be a great reason to implent it. A very good one at that!
    Thank you noisy. Well the banish was just an example. However the banish could only be made available on arcane slot pets. Most arcane pets these days have banish. So it could be logical for arcane pets to have that arcane ability only.

Also I did not take the ap into consideration. So you are absolutely right that the current system should stay otherwise loads of ap have to be re adjusted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by beasaneb View Post
    Ok its a good idea but players with no platinum will find it hard to get eggs wont they.so im thinking like this the eggs r tradable but during trade when thr buyer clicks on the egg he can see its basic structure stats and abilities too.
    Like i said in my post, slots would be dropped from maps. And if u have the slot you could make ur pet in 6 hrs. No fuss at all. Also you could buy the slot as it would be tradeable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Thank you noisy. Well the banish was just an example. However the banish could only be made available on arcane slot pets. Most arcane pets these days have banish. So it could be logical for arcane pets to have that arcane ability only.

Also I did not take the ap into consideration. So you are absolutely right that the current system should stay otherwise loads of ap have to be re adjusted.
    Hmm, I supose it quite a few pets can banish, but I'd still put a limit on it, as it's a powerful AA can can potentially be abused for timed runs etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

great idea except i think that instead of platinum make it drakin teeth or something but platinum is fine. Also i suggest not deleting the previous eggs or else the price for ribbit would 1m.
    Last edited by Caabatric; 08-30-2014 at 06:51 PM.

Caabatric. The one nub sorcerer you wont forget.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Caabatric View Post
    great idea except i think that instead of platinum make it drakin teeth or something but platinum is fine. Also i suggest not deleting the previous eggs or else the price for ribbit would 1m.
    Thank you for reading and posting your feedback

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts

Grimm has a 5% chance to kill ^_^ I think some Mythical pets should be taken into consideration, especially if the "kill" suits the theme of the pet. Also, I just want to add the "kill" is normally referred to as banish.

Nice idea though +1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SacredKnight View Post
    Grimm has a 5% chance to kill ^_^ I think some Mythical pets should be taken into consideration, especially if the "kill" suits the theme of the pet. Also, I just want to add the "kill" is normally referred to as banish.

Nice idea though +1
    Thank you for reading. Well like noisy said that the abilities could be made according to rarity and body type of pets.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,017 Posts

I love this and I would be so happy making pink pets. Would be cool to have all these different pets in game too. This is one of the more thought out suggestions I've seen here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    I love this and I would be so happy making pink pets. Would be cool to have all these different pets in game too. This is one of the more thought out suggestions I've seen here.

Thank you candy for having the time to read it and post your valuable feedback