Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: AL without gambling

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Saribeau View Post
    most good players in AL really dont care about lb anymore. Only farmers care.
    Correct, since leaderboards are just a joke filled with (largely) retired names and dummy farmers until they implement seasonal. Unfortunately this is at least another season away, so players have even less motivation to log in and work on their abilities.

As for the original topic:

The only items you can get that are not luck-based are mythic pets. Those just cost money. Considering the epic Scorch failure and complete lack of fix for it, this is not going to be as good an income source for STS anymore. People are going to hesitate after that, where previously they snapped up their mythic pets on release. STS clearly knows this, since we have not had a new mythic pet in the time that 2 more arcane ones have been released.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ebezaanec View Post
    Part of it is because PL gives no banners for Leaderboarders.
    Pl gave awesome Tournament shields for winning the tourny in 1st 2nd 3rd. You get a banner in AL for kill farming Hows that Fun lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Or the could make locked crates for poor which u would spend gold to open them..
    And it would be openable till lets say 35 lvl..silly idea I know but it could
    Come in handy to adjust some medium-good gear for them...they run with
    A crapy armour and stats...
    Fear is my second name...sometimes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Seriously u defend that "arcanes" in elite gold chests,do u ever heard about anyonw have get or can u take a record?
    Ign:Fvw

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

No one ever said every mythic/arcane should be farmable, just that something should.

Supposedly, Planar Tombs will drop mythic pendants, and the new arena drops a chest which could have a fossil in it, but at this point, the mythic helm/armor is long in the tooth and should be upgraded.

I mean, the parchment system holds some promise in that 5x of all three could be traded in for something superior to what we can buy with teeth. Frankly, as it stands now, we only farm a few elite maps (caves, trail and rockhorn). I actually enjoy some of the other elites more (Nordr and Shuyal) but the Legendary loot there is worthless. I would like to see something that encourages more farming in a broad range of maps. Running trails 10x a day and 20x caves gets boring and monotonous.

I'm soloing maps more often now than I ever had and that's because not many are interested in continuously farming the same maps all the time
    Even I need a break once in a while, so I go off to solo Ferrix or Frostir. Caves is just tedious now, but there isn't really another map that holds any potential value besides trail.

It wouldn't kill STS's revenue stream to introduce more mythic items (or pets) that are exclusively available to the elite farmers. If anything it would improve it through more revives and elixir/kit sales.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Edit: removed double post
    Last edited by GoodSyntax; 09-08-2014 at 12:35 AM. Reason: lag induced double post

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gensin:1814574
    Quote Originally Posted by obee View Post
    Sts will never change it.
    Theres your answer.
    Its a company dude. You dont expect them to just give all for free, they need to earn. Someday when your in the buisness you'll understand.
    I learned from Valve you can be in business and really be f2p.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aarrgggggg:1815852
    Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I understand that locked crates are their main form of income. And I have no problem with locked crates. In fact I think they are a brilliant idea for revenue.

BUT.....would it be asking too much to suggest that SOME mythic or arcane items NOT come in locked crates?

Since the introduction of mythic and arcane items, every single mythic and arcane item has been in locked crates. It makes for a pay to win formula.

I'm pretty sure if an occasional mythic or arcane item was NOT in locked crates, it would not signal the end of people opening them. As long as there are plenty of goodies in locked crates, players will still open them. Not every single good item needs to be in them.
    Arcane and mythics are both able to be looted in game via elite golden chests!!!!
    Farm a few hundred of these and open them all im sure youre bound to get something......0 plat spent

Example: arena drops elite golden puzzleboxes, Elite golden puzzleboxes can drop kershal.
    Not sure if joke post or just some fictional story.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fauksuras View Post
    Not sure if joke post or just some fictional story.
    Lol mythics can drop in those chests

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Yeah, the PvE aspect of this game is almost completely dead. Unfortunately when there is not anything good to farm for, that tends to happen. In PL the best items (dragon sets, best legendary gear, etc) was all stuff you had to farm for. Plat would help you in the form of potions, but you still had to put in the work and farm for the items.

But here in AL, that whole aspect of the game is gone. Join most maps and sit there and wait, and nobody will join you. I don't know about now, but a couple of years ago if you joined a random map in PL, within a minute or two others would join you. And that was a game with a much lower player population than AL.

In AL it seems all about PvP. In PL most players never even bothered with PvP, yet it was still tons of fun. Now the whole emphasis in AL is PvP, and even when you are in PvE it seems your whole purpose is to try to earn enough money to buy the gear you need for PvP.

I guess I just miss PL. AL on paper in a better game, it has better graphics, better stat system, better skill system, better PvP. But it's just not as much fun unfortunately. I'm starting to grow very bored with it, and I don't play as much as I used to. I may not be around much longer if something doesn't come along to excite me.
    Maybe al players are the major problem as well...haha....
    IGN:Nonplat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

When/if they introduce new myth armor and helms, they should remove old ones from crates and make them loot able in corresponding level maps/chests. It would make them obtainable for lower levels while making room in locks for the new ones.

As for the gambling, there needs to be some randomness to drops and some stream of revenue for sts. Someone once mentioned a subscription method and that could help some who are tired of gambling and seeing only rich and plat farmers with best itwms. Or it wouldnt. Hard to make everyone happy.

Would be really cool if they made a recipe that could combine like 20 locks to open one for free... idk just grasping at straws

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Yeah, the PvE aspect of this game is almost completely dead. Unfortunately when there is not anything good to farm for, that tends to happen. In PL the best items (dragon sets, best legendary gear, etc) was all stuff you had to farm for. Plat would help you in the form of potions, but you still had to put in the work and farm for the items.

But here in AL, that whole aspect of the game is gone. Join most maps and sit there and wait, and nobody will join you. I don't know about now, but a couple of years ago if you joined a random map in PL, within a minute or two others would join you. And that was a game with a much lower player population than AL.

In AL it seems all about PvP. In PL most players never even bothered with PvP, yet it was still tons of fun. Now the whole emphasis in AL is PvP, and even when you are in PvE it seems your whole purpose is to try to earn enough money to buy the gear you need for PvP.

I guess I just miss PL. AL on paper in a better game, it has better graphics, better stat system, better skill system, better PvP. But it's just not as much fun unfortunately. I'm starting to grow very bored with it, and I don't play as much as I used to. I may not be around much longer if something doesn't come along to excite me.
    S1-2 were the good times... but than ofc crates.... sts just needed to get that player base at start and than they add something you would need to spend money on.. now it has gone too far.. ._.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by j3peaz View Post
    Would be really cool if they made a recipe that could combine like 20 locks to open one for free... idk just grasping at straws
    +1 to this

IGN: Thorluffy,Thorluffybolt,Thorluffysama,Thorluffyris e

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    653 Posts

I understand that locked crates are their main form of income. And I have no problem with locked crates. In fact I think they are a brilliant idea for revenue.

BUT.....would it be asking too much to suggest that SOME mythic or arcane items NOT come in locked crates?

Since the introduction of mythic and arcane items, every single mythic and arcane item has been in locked crates. It makes for a pay to win formula.

I'm pretty sure if an occasional mythic or arcane item was NOT in locked crates, it would not signal the end of people opening them. As long as there are plenty of goodies in locked crates, players will still open them. Not every single good item needs to be in them.
    If you were a game developer, this game would make just about everyone happy! Agree with this. The arcane item doesn't even need to be that great. Heck if they made scorch lootable as an Arcane Egg from the get go, people probably woudln't have mind it's broken shielding. Which by the way still hasn't been addressed. If the shielding wasn't weak enough, it doesn't 100% absorb until it's broken as originally stated.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Kakashis For This Useful Post:

18.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #35
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,907 Posts

On another thread: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...=1#post1817449

Hope this helps!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Yes, Because Its there main focus of getting the $, WHO would actually pay for this game? People pay to win, but if theres chances to win without paying, People will be over it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Sts must hate us a lot since we don't spend much(or no) money on this game and keep complaining
    IGN:Nonplat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Mmos are grind and luck based. Its just how the genre works

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

Screw MMOS then. At least you don't need luck in FIFA (unless you play ultimate team kind of)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by obee View Post
    Screw MMOS then. At least you don't need luck in FIFA (unless you play ultimate team kind of)
    Fifa UT is the bomb