Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: AL without gambling

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

Default AL without gambling

I was thinking, why can't we have a dam item or a pet without gambling. This includes locks, loot, etc. Sts seriously should look at ener's pet "ICER", because I'm tired of having the whole game based on luck. Sts will never change it, because they know they will get money off of it. It is good that they are refunding people this event though

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

Less expansions. It will be PL, all you do is keep the server up and release bonus-stat weekends periodically.

A farmable pet would be nice, but it seem to me that the idea appears to radical for STG. They will probably start out with a mythic pet. Baby steps.
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by obee View Post
    Sts will never change it.
    Theres your answer.
    Its a company dude. You dont expect them to just give all for free, they need to earn. Someday when your in the buisness you'll understand.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I was thinking, why can't we have a dam item or a pet without gambling. This includes locks, loot, etc. Sts seriously should look at ener's pet "ICER", because I'm tired of having the whole game based on luck. Sts will never change it, because they know they will get money off of it. It is good that they are refunding people this event though
    Quote Originally Posted by Gensin View Post
    Theres your answer.
    Its a company dude. You dont expect them to just give all for free, they need to earn. Someday when your in the buisness you'll understand.
    Gensin is totally right, if you give stuff for free you dont earn $$$

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

well giving arcane in arena chest was a step up imo.

Caabatric. The one nub sorcerer you wont forget.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Caabatric View Post
    Its a step, for us and for them.
    Ever wonder why the arena closes up? Then if you die you cant come back in? The Ankh and platinum revive will come in handy in that situation, where do you get the ankh? Buy with plat in kits and sell in cs, just the same with plat revive just in kits.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Idk..
    More variable things and stuff in a game, more worth this game to play..
    Just my view

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Idk..
    More variable things and stuff in a game, more worth this game to play..
    Just my view

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Yeah, the PvE aspect of this game is almost completely dead. Unfortunately when there is not anything good to farm for, that tends to happen. In PL the best items (dragon sets, best legendary gear, etc) was all stuff you had to farm for. Plat would help you in the form of potions, but you still had to put in the work and farm for the items.

But here in AL, that whole aspect of the game is gone. Join most maps and sit there and wait, and nobody will join you. I don't know about now, but a couple of years ago if you joined a random map in PL, within a minute or two others would join you. And that was a game with a much lower player population than AL.

In AL it seems all about PvP. In PL most players never even bothered with PvP, yet it was still tons of fun. Now the whole emphasis in AL is PvP, and even when you are in PvE it seems your whole purpose is to try to earn enough money to buy the gear you need for PvP.

I guess I just miss PL. AL on paper in a better game, it has better graphics, better stat system, better skill system, better PvP. But it's just not as much fun unfortunately. I'm starting to grow very bored with it, and I don't play as much as I used to. I may not be around much longer if something doesn't come along to excite me.

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Caabatric View Post
    That would be great

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Yeah, the PvE aspect of this game is almost completely dead. Unfortunately when there is not anything good to farm for, that tends to happen. In PL the best items (dragon sets, best legendary gear, etc) was all stuff you had to farm for. Plat would help you in the form of potions, but you still had to put in the work and farm for the items.

But here in AL, that whole aspect of the game is gone. Join most maps and sit there and wait, and nobody will join you. I don't know about now, but a couple of years ago if you joined a random map in PL, within a minute or two others would join you. And that was a game with a much lower player population than AL.

In AL it seems all about PvP. In PL most players never even bothered with PvP, yet it was still tons of fun. Now the whole emphasis in AL is PvP, and even when you are in PvE it seems your whole purpose is to try to earn enough money to buy the gear you need for PvP.

I guess I just miss PL. AL on paper in a better game, it has better graphics, better stat system, better skill system, better PvP. But it's just not as much fun unfortunately. I'm starting to grow very bored with it, and I don't play as much as I used to. I may not be around much longer if something doesn't come along to excite me.
    Thats why Sts is not focusing in PL, it doesnt give thhem income much.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Gensin For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

The way they handle the locks will ruin the game, the latest misstep with odds table ticked me off. It reduced the value of my inventory. Think of the people who bought stuff before all the refunds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Luck based loots are in other games as well. And there is nothing wrong when it is based on a drop from boss or chest. But what comes to locked crates - some people are spending 1000$ their own or parents money and get nothing. That is just totally wrong. Double odds is a joke if you do not know what the changes really are.

I would rather go to advertisement based funding or full p2w than this.

And you know, I love this game. Otherwise I would not care. Aww ... 😊

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gensin View Post
    Thats why Sts is not focusing in PL, it doesnt give thhem income much.
    I understand that locked crates are their main form of income. And I have no problem with locked crates. In fact I think they are a brilliant idea for revenue.

BUT.....would it be asking too much to suggest that SOME mythic or arcane items NOT come in locked crates?

Since the introduction of mythic and arcane items, every single mythic and arcane item has been in locked crates. It makes for a pay to win formula.

I'm pretty sure if an occasional mythic or arcane item was NOT in locked crates, it would not signal the end of people opening them. As long as there are plenty of goodies in locked crates, players will still open them. Not every single good item needs to be in them.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

I understand that locked crates are their main form of income. And I have no problem with locked crates. In fact I think they are a brilliant idea for revenue.

BUT.....would it be asking too much to suggest that SOME mythic or arcane items NOT come in locked crates?

Since the introduction of mythic and arcane items, every single mythic and arcane item has been in locked crates. It makes for a pay to win formula.

I'm pretty sure if an occasional mythic or arcane item was NOT in locked crates, it would not signal the end of people opening them. As long as there are plenty of goodies in locked crates, players will still open them. Not every single good item needs to be in them.
    Arcane and mythics are both able to be looted in game via elite golden chests!!!!
    Farm a few hundred of these and open them all im sure youre bound to get something......0 plat spent

Example: arena drops elite golden puzzleboxes, Elite golden puzzleboxes can drop kershal.
    Last edited by aarrgggggg; 09-07-2014 at 03:47 PM.
    Retired Officer
    Chivalrous Union
    AARRGGGGGG/ARCHANIST

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jiarijiba View Post
    And you know, I love this game. Otherwise I would not care. Aww ... 😊
    Lots of us use to feel this way. Now we just don't care. Here's a secret though. Neither does sts.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

AL has better pvp then PL? Yes it may have better Stat system but PL right now has the best Pvp in my opinion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Burstnuke View Post
    AL has better pvp then PL? Yes it may have better Stat system but PL right now has the best Pvp in my opinion.
    Part of it is because PL gives no banners for Leaderboarders.
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ebezaanec View Post
    Part of it is because PL gives no banners for Leaderboarders.
    most good players in AL really dont care about lb anymore. Only farmers care.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

If they let players get everything without plats or gamble, sooner they will have to shut down. Where would they gonna get $$ from?