Thread: Marketplace and Lending System

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Marketplace and Lending System

I think these 2 features can greatly benefit the game and will explain my idea for them below.

If you wish to post all I ask is that you please leave constructive criticism. Not "omg no this will ruin the game!!" be constructive, post how you feel this suggestion can be made better or be improved upin. Or if you disagree with it post why ou disagree with it and how you feel it would ruin or harm the game.

Marketplace

The way this would work is that items would have a set value when they are released, and using the Marketplace system you would be able to search for an item and put an offer in for it. If people are selling it then depending on when you put your order in for it the sooner you will get it.

Lending System

In the trade screen when a player puts an item up for trade they can either choose "trade" to sell that item. Or can choose "lend" to lend a player an item, the owner can choose how long he wishes to lend it out for (1-24 hours). Players wont be able to sell lent items or lose them or drop them in any sort of way and if a player is done using he item early he can click the lent item and choose an option to return it back to the owner.
    Last edited by xxteargodxx; 01-23-2011 at 01:34 AM.

the REAL jersey shore not that crap from the tv
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i like your marketplace idea, would be nice to combine that with my buyers house idea:
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...nsignment-shop)

as for the lending system, it is quite interesting, to be on the more positive side of it and try not to sound like shooting it down, i dont see it ruining the game or anything, but i think that if it was to be instituted, a lot of players selling items would end up selling them for less or not have them sold at all. i only say this because as through my own experiences with the game, i've bought multiple items just to see how they change my stats and settled for one or two. many of the items i've purchased never would have gotten sold if i had the opportunity to just try it out. spending the extra here n there seems to keep more people happy and the economy booming. plus, i know a few people who have a handfull of green ice weapons and piles of shadow gear from hours and hours of farming for them, i'm sure we'd just see a lot of people borrowing those items and running around showing off before the vanity of it wore off.

dont get me wrong though, i like the idea, i really do, i hope it works out, but i'm not sure i would personally want to run around with a borrowed item.
    Orlox (51) Archer - Zombified (56) Enchantress - Murdalyzer (55) Warrior Frightmare(20) Operative