Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why every season other than season one and two suck.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Exclamation Why every season other than season one and two suck.

P2W:

Before lockeds came, people farmed and worked for loot (not saying platinum buyers dont work) . We actually strived and did runs over and over again to drop loot and etc. Then all of a sudden lockeds came, at the time it seemed like a great idea, but the truth is like my friend Obee said on another post, this is becoming gambling, it would make it better with opening platinum for 15k each to open. But as of right now, I think it might be too late.

Items:

I hate how back then there was the so called "Banana Bow" that there are only... what; 5, 6? These bows dropped like copper chests and people quick sold them, what made people think selling it for 2million gold each a good idea. Although it is a cool looking bow and it's rare, why so expensive, just let it go! So if I traveled back in time and hoarded this item (back then people would call you dumb for doing so) and i would hoard them for 5months - 1 year then lets say i had 50 of em (yes,,, 50), I'm now 50million gold richer! this was the worst item back then... remember that. Then there was Crier, Hereldric, Forerunner, and Arcane Tabard. First of all; these items are worth the money, I'm not complaining, they should be 2-10mill each. But I keep thinking why there is NOTHING like this!!! Why hasnt any other season other than season 1 and 2 had this. All we get is useless ugly items that wear out fast, we had arlor vanity (platinum buy, just like every other vanity as of this day 20-35 platinum) and I wasnt there for this, but I KNOW this was amazing looking and well made, then now its 4-6mil set... WTH?!?!
    Also there is Dark watch sword, this weapon I have no idea how to could have been gotten back then cuz i wasnt there, but ik it wasnt 7mil... *facepalm* my point is there is no item that was like these. Do you see any of this seasons common items that anyone can get raise to this? No! nothing will happen, only thing i have hope for is black and white jester, pets, and gilded... these MIGHT raise to 500-1mil set in the Far far far far future... IF arcane legends doesnt die out by then (I doubt A.L will die this soon). All these things damage my goals even more, you buy something thats been 5mil for 2 years, then next day drops to 500k...
    I hate all these items, we should have something like this again, E.G. Take away something that people would never expect and need. (Etc dova, littlebear, but for common game, not event), makes the game more interesting...

Graphic / Looks:

I REALLY dont care much for looks and graphics, to be honest it doesnt bother me much, but it ticks me off how Steel Commando, Winters rage/fury, Purple Founder, Steel hereldric, and Red Arlor are so well graphic'd and well done. Not many pointy edges, blury render on vanity/armor, looks in general. Then I compare that to the vanities we have today; Regal/snow (LAZYYYYYYYY LAZZYYYYY VANITIES, PROBS THE MOST HATRED I HAVE AGAINST ANY VANITY ARE THESE TWO), mummy, kraken, berserker, Barbarious santa (SO BADLY MADE, BLURRY, GLITCHY, UGLY, FAKE AND DOESNT FEEL AT ALL LIKE RED ARLOR, WHY CANT WE HAVE THESE BEAUTIFUL VANITIES LIKE THIS ANYMORE?!?). Barb santa... go right now and look at the barb santa.... IT... IS...MORTIFYING... it's gltiched on the legs, the knee is dislocated which throws off the player on looking good, its blurry, the chest of the warrio shows,,, right? No, thats not a chest, that is fuzz, a.k.a badly done render on the vanity. Tsk Tsk Tsk.

Scam:

I feel like if these things all worked out; bringing people what they want, waht they need, what the game needs, why would there be scammers... Has anyone EVER asked Scammers why they scam...? Of course its not a good thing and they should be banned... but... why do they? I think like this, ask the enemy "WHY?" why do scammers scam people. because it's fun? because they're bad people? NO... they need to do so to continue, this game is swarmed by mean people, nice people, sketchy people, scammers, spammers, trolls, etc. and out of all of this, they need gold. Gold = Progress, if you walk around with 10k in your pocket in arcane legends, you cant do pvp, you cant do elite, cuz you'll run out of potions and you need gear, Gear = money, which scammers dont have. Rich scammers on the other hand scam because they can, but when you see a noob scamming, think to yourself "Why is he scamming?" he needs the gold. Locked? i dont think ANYONE "WANTS" to use money, they have to, or they need to. No one wants to but its a priority. And they scam because they cant get rich 50mil by farming, cuz thats just fake when people say you can make 100mil by farming, you cant... you need to merch, can you merch without gold? No. can scammers do anything? no. you give the people who need what they want? no. lockeds are what controlls arcane legends... without lockeds, either this game would be a bust, or heaven...

This is why I think this game went to *****, but its ok. Because now Sts did something good. Hope the Halloween, christmas, and arena events go well!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Meemaw For This Useful Post:

Pie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Meemaw View Post
    P2W:

Before lockeds came, people farmed and worked for loot (not saying platinum buyers dont work) . We actually strived and did runs over and over again to drop loot and etc. Then all of a sudden lockeds came, at the time it seemed like a great idea, but the truth is like my friend Obee said on another post, this is becoming gambling, it would make it better with opening platinum for 15k each to open. But as of right now, I think it might be too late.

Items:

I hate how back then there was the so called "Banana Bow" that there are only... what; 5, 6? These bows dropped like copper chests and people quick sold them, what made people think selling it for 2million gold each a good idea. Although it is a cool looking bow and it's rare, why so expensive, just let it go! So if I traveled back in time and hoarded this item (back then people would call you dumb for doing so) and i would hoard them for 5months - 1 year then lets say i had 50 of em (yes,,, 50), I'm now 50million gold richer! this was the worst item back then... remember that. Then there was Crier, Hereldric, Forerunner, and Arcane Tabard. First of all; these items are worth the money, I'm not complaining, they should be 2-10mill each. But I keep thinking why there is NOTHING like this!!! Why hasnt any other season other than season 1 and 2 had this. All we get is useless ugly items that wear out fast, we had arlor vanity (platinum buy, just like every other vanity as of this day 20-35 platinum) and I wasnt there for this, but I KNOW this was amazing looking and well made, then now its 4-6mil set... WTH?!?!
    Also there is Dark watch sword, this weapon I have no idea how to could have been gotten back then cuz i wasnt there, but ik it wasnt 7mil... *facepalm* my point is there is no item that was like these. Do you see any of this seasons common items that anyone can get raise to this? No! nothing will happen, only thing i have hope for is black and white jester, pets, and gilded... these MIGHT raise to 500-1mil set in the Far far far far future... IF arcane legends doesnt die out by then (I doubt A.L will die this soon). All these things damage my goals even more, you buy something thats been 5mil for 2 years, then next day drops to 500k...
    I hate all these items, we should have something like this again, E.G. Take away something that people would never expect and need. (Etc dova, littlebear, but for common game, not event), makes the game more interesting...

Graphic / Looks:

I REALLY dont care much for looks and graphics, to be honest it doesnt bother me much, but it ticks me off how Steel Commando, Winters rage/fury, Purple Founder, Steel hereldric, and Red Arlor are so well graphic'd and well done. Not many pointy edges, blury render on vanity/armor, looks in general. Then I compare that to the vanities we have today; Regal/snow (LAZYYYYYYYY LAZZYYYYY VANITIES, PROBS THE MOST HATRED I HAVE AGAINST ANY VANITY ARE THESE TWO), mummy, kraken, berserker, Barbarious santa (SO BADLY MADE, BLURRY, GLITCHY, UGLY, FAKE AND DOESNT FEEL AT ALL LIKE RED ARLOR, WHY CANT WE HAVE THESE BEAUTIFUL VANITIES LIKE THIS ANYMORE?!?). Barb santa... go right now and look at the barb santa.... IT... IS...MORTIFYING... it's gltiched on the legs, the knee is dislocated which throws off the player on looking good, its blurry, the chest of the warrio shows,,, right? No, thats not a chest, that is fuzz, a.k.a badly done render on the vanity. Tsk Tsk Tsk.

Scam:

I feel like if these things all worked out; bringing people what they want, waht they need, what the game needs, why would there be scammers... Has anyone EVER asked Scammers why they scam...? Of course its not a good thing and they should be banned... but... why do they? I think like this, ask the enemy "WHY?" why do scammers scam people. because it's fun? because they're bad people? NO... they need to do so to continue, this game is swarmed by mean people, nice people, sketchy people, scammers, spammers, trolls, etc. and out of all of this, they need gold. Gold = Progress, if you walk around with 10k in your pocket in arcane legends, you cant do pvp, you cant do elite, cuz you'll run out of potions and you need gear, Gear = money, which scammers dont have. Rich scammers on the other hand scam because they can, but when you see a noob scamming, think to yourself "Why is he scamming?" he needs the gold. Locked? i dont think ANYONE "WANTS" to use money, they have to, or they need to. No one wants to but its a priority. And they scam because they cant get rich 50mil by farming, cuz thats just fake when people say you can make 100mil by farming, you cant... you need to merch, can you merch without gold? No. can scammers do anything? no. you give the people who need what they want? no. lockeds are what controlls arcane legends... without lockeds, either this game would be a bust, or heaven...

This is why I think this game went to *****, but its ok. Because now Sts did something good. Hope the Halloween, christmas, and arena events go well!
    rare items. they are discontinued and cool looking. there arent many they are wanted. if that happened today guess what? EVERYONE WOULD HAVE ONE. so if there are a ton its worth nothing.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Saribeau For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Saribeau View Post
    rare items. they are discontinued and cool looking. there arent many they are wanted. if that happened today guess what? EVERYONE WOULD HAVE ONE. so if there are a ton its worth nothing.
    What about banana bow? what about arlor and steel commando, thsoe 2 vanities were 25platinum -.-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

What about banana bow? what about arlor and steel commando, thsoe 2 vanities were 25platinum -.-
    They were 25 platinum and untradable during that time. No one hoarded Steel Commando or Arlor.

Btw, I came back to edit my post.

The part of these past few seasons you are complaining about are the vanities and old veteran gear?? Have you not noticed the desolate Elite maps? Elite is dead. Fix Elite, than worry about some optional, vanities and old gear.

Those items are not necessary for endgame. So I do not consider them a good reason for the seasons "sucking"

You only scratched a small speck of the iceberg.
    Last edited by Ebezaanec; 09-07-2014 at 06:01 PM.
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ebezaanec For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Iam not an old player so idk how cool were those season bt i can say this season didn't suck. Yes might be not that cool to you as season 1 & 2 were to you but clearly it didn't suck. We had so many cool and new items and events.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Dex Scene For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    257 Posts

Im not an old player, but this season isnt too bad for my taste. Yes, people are gambling lockeds, but the farming is still there. I farm elite tarewa everyday. The best of the best may not exactly drop, but decent gear + chests (with low chances to get the best items) do drop. I used to have the same mindset that this game is all about gambling, but nah, since ive tried the hard elites i realized if i spent more time farming than complaining, i wouldve been able to buy the best gears to date.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arachnophobik For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

I've been playing since s2, and from what I've seen, it's easier to make money back then instead of now. P2W is taking over AL

13. The Following User Says Thank You to obee For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ebezaanec View Post
    They were 25 platinum and untradable during that time. No one hoarded Steel Commando or Arlor.

The part of these past few seasons you are complaining about are the vanities and old veteran gear?? Have you not noticed the desolate Elite maps? Elite is dead. Fix Elite, than worry about some optional, vanities and old gear.

Those items are not necessary for endgame. So I do not consider them a good reason for the seasons "sucking"

Actually they were tradeable, I bought around 10 in the auction.

In season 4/5 I sold to various collectors..

"Banana bow"

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Remember Me For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remember Me View Post

"Banana bow"
    when they were released they were untradable until s3-4 i think. then STG made vanities tradeable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Saribeau View Post
    when they were released they were untradable until s3-4 i think. then STG made vanities tradeable.
    They were always tradeable.... I never opened a plat chest before and managed have a some on my inv...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Most of the early AL players were former PL players. In PL, the plat purchased vanity items were never tradable. Then in season 1 & 2, the AL plat purchased vanities were also not tradable. Because of this, nobody figured they would ever be tradable, so nobody purchased more than 1 set. So when they became tradable, there was a very limited supply.

Now when they release vanities, many players buy extra sets figuring they will be worth a lot in the future. But the only way that will happen is if there is a big turnover of players in the game, and lots of new players show up who don't have these vanities.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by obee View Post
    I've been playing since s2, and from what I've seen, it's easier to make money back then instead of now. P2W is taking over AL
    Obee gets my point. im not saying gameplay, im saying in looks of game and making money. Now you cant even make 4mil without useing 500+ hours of your time on A.L :/
    My point is season 1 players who, sell now are rich as diamonds, but why cant season 3 ppl be , why not season 4, or 5? >:/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Most of the early AL players were former PL players. In PL, the plat purchased vanity items were never tradable. Then in season 1 & 2, the AL plat purchased vanities were also not tradable. Because of this, nobody figured they would ever be tradable, so nobody purchased more than 1 set. So when they became tradable, there was a very limited supply.

Now when they release vanities, many players buy extra sets figuring they will be worth a lot in the future. But the only way that will happen is if there is a big turnover of players in the game, and lots of new players show up who don't have these vanities.
    That makes sense, but what about the "Banana bow" ? why'd they remove that?!

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    615 Posts

Please stop ranting about how you can't make money. The reason why it's not like S1 and 2, because frankly, it's not S1 or 2. Indeed it was fun, but it's the past. We are getting new content and instead of complaining you could farm the fun maps to earn gold.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

I'm from early in S2 and I was poor s2-s5, but this season I've made tons just farming and gemming/selling stuff. I went from "poor noob" in season 2 to "semi-rich noob" now. So stop complaining about discontinued gear that isn't coming.back, and go farm (it'll help you more than complaining)
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Visiting For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

"Banana bow"
    Vanities were not tradable when the Arlor and Steel commandos were discontinued
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

That makes sense, but what about the "Banana bow" ? why'd they remove that?!
    All bows come from locked crates and plat chests. Every season they change them up to new versions and the old ones are discontinued.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

They were always tradeable.... I never opened a plat chest before and managed have a some on my inv...
    Vanitys were not always tradable lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Vanities were not tradable when the Arlor and Steel commandos were discontinued
    I was referring to weapons.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by obee View Post
    Its not just Arcane legends. Every games are easier to make money when the game is new as the number of players happened to be less, so less hoarders and people stay unfamiliar to many tricks and values of stuffs.
    When they get discontinued you can sell them higher.
    When the game gets olders and for many reasons golds lose their values, people are forced to spend real money. I don't blame them, nor the stg.
    Its just like real world economy.
    The season didn't suck tho.