Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Farmable Mythics. STS please read.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Default Farmable Mythics. STS please read.

I just wanted to make a suggestion, so we all now that this game has all the good stuff such as myths and arcanes in locked crates, and the worst stuff in locked crates. Not a single mythic or arcane item has been obtainable outside of crates.
    So STS, Why not release other mythics that are farmable but not as good as crate mythic? For example like the dragon sets in PL. Best armor and its farmable.
    My idea?
    It'd be fun if there was a rare elite boss that spawned same way as bael II and Krunch II. It was rare and it had a small chance to drop the new mythics (Just remember these farmable myths ARE NOT as good as crate mythics, that way STS still make money) This will actually be something to farm. And to actually use the mythic armor you must repair it using a Mythic shard that can be farmed from any elite tindirin boss. It'll be fun challenging and it'll give EVERYONE a fair chance. The armor once repaired is NOT tradeable so people won't be lazy and just buy it and it will not drop in locks. You won't lose players as they'll actually be able to compete in PvP. They won't get bored as easily. You won't lose crate openers because the best mythic armor will still drop in crates.
    Please STS
    We all want a chance. We all can't spend money on a game.
    Think about this =)

Turn your CAN'TS into CANS and your DREAMS into PLANS

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Titanfall For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Planar supposed to have some myth amulet

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by -no:1816990
    I hope its not a copy of Nekro.
    Before nekro released Remiem said in Pier Nekro will be 100% free to get. Technically its true but we can't generate 60mil just like they can.
    I hope this myth amulet doesn't have anything to do with locks.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Titanfall For This Useful Post:

-no

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by -no View Post
    the question is how would we be able to obtain that amulet?
    1. Like open elite golden planar chest to have a chance at said new mythic pendant?
    2. Or complete a long questline (with required # of rare droppable items) to craft the amulet?

IMO, option 2 is much better!

I wonder how would sts implement it w/o requiring plats

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

Elite golden pirate chest, elite golden warchests, elite golden puzzleboxes and elite golden dragonscale chests have the chance to drop mythic and arcanes, very small chance but plat free. Arcane fossil and new mythic amulet also outside of locked when released. But you do have a point

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

[QUOTE=Idly:1817016]
    Quote Originally Posted by RebornBlaze View Post
    not a single mythic or arcane item has been obtainable outside of crates./QUOTE]

Elite golden pirate chest, elite golden warchests, elite golden puzzleboxes and elite golden dragonscale chests have the chance to drop mythic and arcanes, very small chance but plat free. Arcane fossil and new mythic amulet also outside of locked when released. But you do have a point
    The chance is so low I've never heard anyone loot anything from them. And farming for a chest isn't really to fun. IMO

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

At least we get a chest after beating arena that has a chance of getting fossil. Currently Arcane exists only in gold farming!
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kakashis For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

[QUOTE=RebornBlaze;1817019]
    Quote Originally Posted by Idly:1817016

The chance is so low I've never heard anyone loot anything from them. And farming for a chest isn't really to fun. IMO
    The chance is low cuz its arcane rarity.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

Yeah agreed, i know a few people who looted mythics fron elite chests but not heard of arcane dropw. ofcourse it would be nice to see a shiny red drop and that was the original idea for the arcane fossil. However it was put into the arena master chest to prevent a glitch happening like with archon rings as this would be really bad for STS and for the rarity of Nekro. Who knows what will happen, maybe the new amulet is a legit orange drop.
    Last edited by Idly; 09-08-2014 at 01:06 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RebornBlaze View Post
    I just wanted to make a suggestion, so we all now that this game has all the good stuff such as myths and arcanes in locked crates, and the worst stuff in locked crates. Not a single mythic or arcane item has been obtainable outside of crates.
    So STS, Why not release other mythics that are farmable but not as good as crate mythic? For example like the dragon sets in PL. Best armor and its farmable.
    My idea?
    It'd be fun if there was a rare elite boss that spawned same way as bael II and Krunch II. It was rare and it had a small chance to drop the new mythics (Just remember these farmable myths ARE NOT as good as crate mythics, that way STS still make money) This will actually be something to farm. And to actually use the mythic armor you must repair it using a Mythic shard that can be farmed from any elite tindirin boss. It'll be fun challenging and it'll give EVERYONE a fair chance. The armor once repaired is NOT tradeable so people won't be lazy and just buy it and it will not drop in locks. You won't lose players as they'll actually be able to compete in PvP. They won't get bored as easily. You won't lose crate openers because the best mythic armor will still drop in crates.
    Please STS
    We all want a chance. We all can't spend money on a game.
    Think about this =)
    not to knock the idea but if there were 2 sets of mythics and the "farmable" ones were not as good.....then most people wouldnt waste their time, instead they would just buy the ones from locked because they are better anyways.
    Retired Officer
    Chivalrous Union
    AARRGGGGGG/ARCHANIST

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aarrgggggg View Post
    not to knock the idea but if there were 2 sets of mythics and the "farmable" ones were not as good.....then most people wouldnt waste their time, instead they would just buy the ones from locked because they are better anyways.
    Not everyone has the gold for the best myths.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jurmans:1817288
    Quote Originally Posted by aarrgggggg View Post
    Not everyone has the gold for the best myths.
    This.
    So the players in pinks can farm myths and compete with plat spenders.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

fair enough. not saying its a bad idea, just saying that plat spenders would still have the advantage.

btw myth armor/helm are pretty cheap right now imo i bought my 2 sets both mage and tank when they were about 5million per set.
    and i did it all via farming/merching.

farm locked sell locked rinse and repeat til you own mythics.
    Retired Officer
    Chivalrous Union
    AARRGGGGGG/ARCHANIST

17.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #14
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,906 Posts

Hey guys! We definitely hear you and, like it's mentioned above, we are looking at ways to create rare and desirable items and gear that you can get without popping crates. I'll warn you, it won't be easy. We want to make sure that the rarest items in the game STAY rare, but there will certainly be more opportunities to use good 'ol fashion farming and hard work to get the items you want down the road.
    Last edited by Remiem; 09-08-2014 at 05:10 PM.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Remiem For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem:1817449
    Hey guys! We definitely hear you and, like it's mentioned above, we are looking at ways to create rare and desirable items and gear that you can get without popping crates. I'll warn you, it won't be easy. We want to make sure that the rarest items in the game STAY rare, but there will certainly be more opportunities to use good 'ol fashion farming and hard work to get the items you want down the road.
    Thanks for the reply Remiem! =)
    Good to know you guys are trying at least =)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    257 Posts

I know a few people who got their mythic sets from them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Idly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    Elite golden chests have a chance to drop mythic and arcane. So, can sts make them craftable? 3 copper = 1 silver. 3 silver = 1 golden ( like spirit chests ). Or make a key (like kit) can open locked and tradeable.
    Last edited by Maketaca; 09-09-2014 at 05:42 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts

I would just like to say..everything in AL is 100% free to get (Par from very few platinum exclusives) However, not necessarily everything in AL is free and feasible to get :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post

It's not really all that hard. The formulas are in place. Look at Wurmtongue, for example. There's never an over-supply (max 4 listed at any given time) and it has consistently retained it's value since it's release.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    It's not really all that hard. The formulas are in place. Look at Wurmtongue, for example. There's never an over-supply (max 4 listed at any given time) and it has consistently retained it's value since it's release.
    Caves is also a very annoying map to run for most players. Also, not to mention that Wurmtongue is never in demand. So, that is two obstacles which is why there's never an over-supply there & the price has maintained.

What they can do is apply the same concept for the fossil looting to mythic looting. This will stop luck elixirs from throwing off the loot tables.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List