Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: time for change

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Default time for change

Cheesy as it may sound. PvP is just that. Player versus player. I'm relatively new to pvp, since there's zero to be gained from pvping other than APS I've never really bothered spending too much time there. But with the dynamics of the game being what they are these days I've been joining some friends in PvP to bide my time and try to have some fun. Now this is what I see...
    I see a huge constituence of grown adults using a video game as an outlet for real life anger management issues. The flaming, the trolling, the hipocritical statements... The hate. Stahp it. Think about how much time u spent doing whatever u did to gear up. The time spent grinding. The hours of practice. The ppl we meet along the way. What sets us apart is what makes it fun. But when the environment has gone full on toxic to where sts can't even create a tourney thread based on fun and even playing field without pages of immature antics, that says to me theres a problem here. Look at yourself. Ask yourself if you think that negative behaviors will result in a positive outcome? How's that working out for u so far? I've met ppl that before PvP were considerate and down right kind to me, and after its nothing but bitterness and anger. What are you playing for? You're playing to obviously release some stress. But what ur actually doing is compounding it. It's a sickness and there is a cure. It's simple. Treat others how you would want to be treated. Is it that hard? Play hard, kill hard, run hard... But please, let's see if we can turn this around with a little respect. It will go a looooong way.
    CO-GM <THE COLLECTIVE>

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Gorecaster For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Sadly I'm going to have to agree with this pvp is literally going nowhere

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gorecaster View Post
    Cheesy as it may sound. PvP is just that. Player versus player. I'm relatively new to pvp, since there's zero to be gained from pvping other than APS I've never really bothered spending too much time there. But with the dynamics of the game being what they are these days I've been joining some friends in PvP to bide my time and try to have some fun. Now this is what I see...
    I see a huge constituence of grown adults using a video game as an outlet for real life anger management issues. The flaming, the trolling, the hipocritical statements... The hate. Stahp it. Think about how much time u spent doing whatever u did to gear up. The time spent grinding. The hours of practice. The ppl we meet along the way. What sets us apart is what makes it fun. But when the environment has gone full on toxic to where sts can't even create a tourney thread based on fun and even playing field without pages of immature antics, that says to me theres a problem here. Look at yourself. Ask yourself if you think that negative behaviors will result in a positive outcome? How's that working out for u so far? I've met ppl that before PvP were considerate and down right kind to me, and after its nothing but bitterness and anger. What are you playing for? You're playing to obviously release some stress. But what ur actually doing is compounding it. It's a sickness and there is a cure. It's simple. Treat others how you would want to be treated. Is it that hard? Play hard, kill hard, run hard... But please, let's see if we can turn this around with a little respect. It will go a looooong way.

+100

The environment in pvp has gotten ridiculous, idk why players can't go in, win or lose and leave it at that, we're all here to have fun this is a game after all, why people just can't leave the nonsense in pvp and have to bring - frankly downright immature antics to the forums idk, besides stroking there ego what do you gain from brining drama here? It's ridiculous when sts can't even setup a tourney thread without 5+ pages of flaming each other, stop the nonsense, "what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas" - should be the exact same thing for pvp

Can we make this an enjoyable environment for everyone instead of being jerks to each other? Time will tell & I hope people seriously hear this msg

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Derezzzed For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

I think hardcore pvpers suffer from a form of post traumatic stress disorder, srs
    Just trying to help
    CO-GM <THE COLLECTIVE>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

Kids will be kids despite the age, like they say .. Age is just a number

Well written +1

Don't waste my time, don't waste yours

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to inkredible For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

Happens a lot when people join big or different guilds

It sucks...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

We should get all the PvE players to start going into PvP rooms and farming these angry pvp nabs....
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Visiting For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ralchior View Post
    We should get all the PvE players to start going into PvP rooms and farming these angry pvp nabs....
    Mhmm
    CO-GM <THE COLLECTIVE>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

+9001
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

i love this thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

The real.problem is that we can't fix human nature. These people enjoy being nabs, they like.annoying all of us sensible people. We can post public service announcements all day, but at the end.of.the day, you can't.take the nub out of the nab
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Visiting For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Out of thanks ;-; but I agree.. that's why I said I have a bad feeling about the tourney in the other thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I just laugh at them who thrash talking.... They maybe a real Kid or a Kid in a grownup body
    [Newcomx, Newcomy, & Newcomz]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

you cant dectate the people hundreds or thousands of player what to do in pvp arena, as long as they never violated terms and condition in the rules of sts.. but still is good if we play nicely treat, if you encounter trashtalker or kiddo moves...just quit in the room.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I like the way it is people are taking this game to heart and this is the result. You're just fueling the drama by doing this in my opinion. But I guess its what makes us human our free will to do things the way we want to

sent from your bish house
    Last edited by PodercriticaL; 09-08-2014 at 11:14 PM.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PodercriticaL For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

I suppose part of it is the nature of the game and even I find myself struggling with maintaining my composure tbh. Its true that most of the bad seeds just prefer it that way. Well to them I say a job well done on master trollsmanship. But at the end of the day, when ur subscribed to a thread in the hopes that ur prey responds...please seek counseling. And if ig u find urself obsessed w a particular person or even guild for that matter. Take a chill pill, relax for a sec and approach it maturely. Just kill them, and if u cant...dont qq.
    CO-GM <THE COLLECTIVE>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,016 Posts

People are (1) too serious and (2) feel they are so superior in PvP it's basically a joke for anyone new to want to try end game PvP.

Remember the few times we all got silly and PvP together in TC and have the BEST freaking time?

All the other times I went to PvP I get non stop crap like... WOW YOU SUCK ... or WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE CANDY? It's such a turn off. Or the constant messages of people telling me to leave. It's 100% a total negative experience. Really it is.

You can't fix a dead horse.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    People are (1) too serious and (2) feel they are so superior in PvP it's basically a joke for anyone new to want to try end game PvP.

Remember the few times we all got silly and PvP together in TC and have the BEST freaking time?

All the other times I went to PvP I get non stop crap like... WOW YOU SUCK ... or WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE CANDY? It's such a turn off. Or the constant messages of people telling me to leave. It's 100% a total negative experience. Really it is.

You can't fix a dead horse.
    These r the simple thing one can do to make pvp a better experience. Statements like that r uneeded amd frankly immature. Every pro was a total nub at some point. Now cuz u no lifed pvp for 6 months u feel enitled. Its just not right.
    CO-GM <THE COLLECTIVE>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,016 Posts

IKR.

But really it leaves such a sour taste in my mouth. We take nubs in PvE all the time and keep working with them until they are great players. It just doesn't work that way in PvP. They either laugh you out or farm you. Plus all the forum threads about PvP are so redic!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

In some way or another we all contributed to how pvp is.
    Both factions are at wrong and third parties never step up boldly to shut the feud properly(Devs and moderators in primis).

If you tell this side "you are at wrong say sorry" they will call you karma rider and farm you in pvp.
    If you tell that side "you are at wrong say sorry" they will call you Magnum rider and farm you in pvp.

Honestly,
    Whats the point of posting clash videos on forum titled pure "farmin opponent guild"?
    Whats the point of organizing a new tdm tournament if only a handful and always the same people partecipate? bloody hell they are ready to butcher anyone who wants to take their seats..
    Whats the point of opening this thread? Things are way better than they used to be, many drama queens and kings left, a handful grew bored or got banned.
    Whats the point of gettin butt hurt cause of em just flip the s* the way it comes and try to have your little share of fun everytime you can.
    When they wanna trashtalk or gang walk away with your soul in peace if you cant take it.
    Last edited by Anarchist; 09-09-2014 at 09:46 AM.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anarchist For This Useful Post: