Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Tourney Nonsense?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Luckygirls View Post
    I hope my team ,,have chance to join the turney ����
    lol never luckygirl if u still in magnum..i told u this is karma/admin tournament.. we are only spectator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

I heard about this tournament hours after it opened up, and I still managed to get a team together and post on forums after I got home from work. My team was the 8th ones to submit.

You're telling me that out of a guild as large as Magnum, that nobody saw this thread? I find that hard to believe and it begs the question about magnum's forum presence.

It's unfortunate that no magnum teams got into the tournament as this would have added to the excitement, however rules are rules. If you scroll through I asked Remiem to extend the tournament to 16 teams from 8, shortly after she did. I don't think anyone expected this many teams, and frankly a 32 team tournament would be ideal if, say, we were all in a giant room. However, the logistics of something like that would be a monstrosity.

Magnum, if I remember correctly you're the first in the waitlist so I'm sure you'll be in the tournament.

Best of luck, and please don't knock the mods down. They didn't haven't to throw this event, and we should be grateful. Root for your friends, or just enjoy from the sidelines.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to raw For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

well u see ..there is such a thing as TIME ZONES. Also some people go OUT after work? i think this was announced like 2-4am asia time, so most are asleep, and next day need to go to work, so by the time people are available online after work, registration was full.

Quote Originally Posted by raw View Post
    I heard about this tournament hours after it opened up, and I still managed to get a team together and post on forums after I got home from work. My team was the 8th ones to submit.

You're telling me that out of a guild as large as Magnum, that nobody saw this thread? I find that hard to believe and it begs the question about magnum's forum presence.

It's unfortunate that no magnum teams got into the tournament as this would have added to the excitement, however rules are rules. If you scroll through I asked Remiem to extend the tournament to 16 teams from 8, shortly after she did. I don't think anyone expected this many teams, and frankly a 32 team tournament would be ideal if, say, we were all in a giant room. However, the logistics of something like that would be a monstrosity.

Magnum, if I remember correctly you're the first in the waitlist so I'm sure you'll be in the tournament.

Best of luck, and please don't knock the mods down. They didn't haven't to throw this event, and we should be grateful. Root for your friends, or just enjoy from the sidelines.
    Last edited by kahel; 09-09-2014 at 12:52 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kahel View Post
    well u see ..there is such a thing as TIME ZONES. Also some people go OUT after work? i think this was announce like 2-4am asia time, so most are asleep, and next day need to go to work, so by the time people are available online after work, registration was full.
    Time zones i can fully understand for this situation, but it takes me under a minute to check forums for updates lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Speedofsound View Post
    Time zones i can fully understand for this situation, but it takes me under a minute to check forums for updates lol
    takes a minute
    to get in forums, but did it take u a minute to talk to ur possible team mates?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

takes a minute
    to get in forums, but did it take u a minute to talk to ur possible team mates?
    took me a minute to see the tourney thread and took me 5 minutes to know what was going on through the social app LINE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

took me a minute to see the tourney thread and took me 5 minutes to know what was going on through the social app LINE
    well we can't talk to someone who is sleeping can we?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

well we can't talk to someone who is sleeping can we?
    Stop treating me like a child. I am answering your questions and you immediately go to a new question. I understand you are rattled because you couldnt sign up because of time zones. But deal with it. If this is causing you the end of the world than you need a dam reality check. Period.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Speedofsound For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Stop treating me like a child. I am answering your questions and you immediately go to a new question. I understand you are rattled because you couldnt sign up because of time zones. But deal with it. If this is causing you the end of the world than you need a dam reality check. Period.
    lmfao. FYI im just stating an obvious and you couldn't handle an honest criticism. They said it was announced professionally. No big event company would do this thing without a proper announcement and lee way for registration. I'm just pointing out some things STS needs to consider like time zones etc for their future events to prevent things like this from happening. And trust me , idc if im in tournament or not. I just wanted to point out whats wrong and at least leave this game with my principles intact. My beef isn't with u, it's with the system so please don't make it personal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

lmfao. FYI im just stating an obvious and you couldn't handle an honest criticism. They said it was announced professionally. No big event company would do this thing without a proper announcement and lee way for registration. I'm just pointing out some things STS needs to consider like time zones etc for their future events to prevent things like this from happening. And trust me , idc if im in tournament or not. I just wanted to point out whats wrong and at least leave this game with my principles intact. My beef isn't with u, it's with the system so please don't make it personal.
    Well if you just wanted to point things out why criticize me and have "beef" with this system. You literally just contradicted yourself lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Well if you just wanted to point things out why criticize me and have "beef" with this system. You literally just contradicted yourself lol.
    cause certain answers needs to be debated upon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

cause certain answers needs to be debated upon.
    What answers? Everyone knows time zones are a problem, but you have just been trying to troll at this point.

Robhawk

/d

edit: post was nonsense *lol*
    Last edited by Robhawk; 09-09-2014 at 08:25 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Its ridiculous and unprofessional.
    There should be a specfic thread designed for sign ups.

And another dedicated to the qualification tournament which comes before the real tdm tournament. Check out the most serious competition in the world: The champions league. There are qualification matches before the real tourmament starts and tables are set.

Everybody should have a chance to partecipate not just who loiters on forum 24/24 7/7 365/365.
    I bet there are people ig who don't even know about this tournament.

Make that rotating banner useful, i highly doubt in the capacity and willingness of players to spread the news around efficiently/fastly (just check out how hard they are trying to hold their posts and not let newcomers in) and would prefer sts to collaborate.

Get this tournament serious and well made, dont let it be like the last pvp tournament for God's sake and those of the partecipants who arent from top guilds or are left out from the fun.
    Last edited by Anarchist; 09-09-2014 at 02:39 AM.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Anarchist For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

hahahaha i told u kahel.. this is karma tournament.. Ok robiehawk wake me up if u have the winner ( karma vs karma ) LMAO

gl guys

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

This game should be fun and enjoyable. So why not let those other entries in? I thought you want a real and exciting match? Please do consider..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Dahell i just noticed that thread is locked, i was unsure about pet and i wanna add one more sub. Its hard to organize a team so fast, asking everyones gear/pet, ign and forum name, if no forum account then make fast, waiting till everyone online..
    Last edited by Haligali; 09-09-2014 at 05:06 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Robhawk View Post
    I dont get the point here... there were DAYS not only hours to sign to the tourney. You are on forums nearly every day and now you complain because you cant read? L M A O !!!

:
    Were DAYS???? Are you sure what u are talking about??

Registration was opened 9-5-14 @ 1:05pm CDT and was full with 16 entries @ 5:32pm CDT..

And that 4hours 27mins i bet people are outside? asleep, work,school, party, cousins house? Grandmas house? Friends get together?

(With the time difference, its TGIF right)?)

What do u expect?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Sounds like you're saying STS should have put this up at 6-7 AM in your time zone because kahel was at work. Therefore the mods should arrange their schedule to post in kahel's time zone.

Also, time zones are not an excuse. The time zones in the world go to +12 all the way to -12. So if mods decide to rearrange their whole schedule just for you, then someone else could make this post.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

23. The Following User Says Thank You to UndeadJudge For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by UndeadJudge View Post
    Sounds like you're saying STS should have put this up at 6-7 AM in your time zone because kahel was at work. Therefore the mods should arrange their schedule to post in kahel's time zone.

Also, time zones are not an excuse. The time zones in the world go to +12 all the way to -12. So if mods decide to rearrange their whole schedule just for you, then someone else could make this post.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The tournament should have been organized in a way nobody would have to make a thread like this.
    I don't blame normal human greediness that leads who is already in to protect their seats cause its what i would do too( though with full knowledge that what i am doing is not completely right) who to blame is sts for the poor organization as always.

THE QUESTION IS:
    Was this tournament organized to elect the best TdM teams in Arlor or the best forum stalkers?
    Last edited by Anarchist; 09-09-2014 at 05:32 AM.