Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Tourney Nonsense?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raw View Post
    I heard about this tournament hours after it opened up, and I still managed to get a team together and post on forums after I got home from work. My team was the 8th ones to submit.

You're telling me that out of a guild as large as Magnum, that nobody saw this thread? I find that hard to believe and it begs the question about magnum's forum presence.

It's unfortunate that no magnum teams got into the tournament as this would have added to the excitement, however rules are rules. If you scroll through I asked Remiem to extend the tournament to 16 teams from 8, shortly after she did. I don't think anyone expected this many teams, and frankly a 32 team tournament would be ideal if, say, we were all in a giant room. However, the logistics of something like that would be a monstrosity.

Magnum, if I remember correctly you're the first in the waitlist so I'm sure you'll be in the tournament.

Best of luck, and please don't knock the mods down. They didn't haven't to throw this event, and we should be grateful. Root for your friends, or just enjoy from the sidelines.
    Our guild thread was locked and so we stayed out of forums, so we can have peace killing in games

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

The match isnt even starting and another war thread has popped #walmartpopcornftw.

Quote Originally Posted by crotbilas View Post
    lol calm down ctf and lazy.. this is admin tdm tourney, and the winner is admin lol ..have fun guys with your "tournament"
    The customer is ALWAYS right.
    Last edited by Gensin; 09-09-2014 at 06:05 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

I hope STS realizes anyone who posted "Cool" or a useless comment could have gone back and edited a team in...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Untrue, I told Magnums to sign up and most officers in about every match I saw when there were four teams. I made sure you were all informed because at the time of sign up, it was only 8 teams.

Secondly, brackets go: 8, 16, or 32. So, there's your reason. It is professional - tournaments fill up quick!
    Yea but organization takes time, who want to be in first line, who want to be subs, who want to make his own team, what gears, what pets etc. You told me the signup start in pm, but i could post only 10th, so. When delph made the 2-2 tournament, there was an announcement before the signups, and she made a deadline where we can post the signups in a different thread 2 week before tournament. We just had a different 3-3 tournament in our guild, we can nominate another 3-4 teams easily if its possible.

secondly, you organized the last two 5-5 tounaments with 13 and 11 teams, it wasnt professional then? What im trying to say this, i think it wont be a problem to the late subsrcibers that they need to play one more as a gualifying round.
    Last edited by Haligali; 09-09-2014 at 07:08 AM.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Haligali For This Useful Post:

Robhawk

Quote Originally Posted by Cmrel View Post
    Were DAYS???? Are you sure what u are talking about??

Registration was opened 9-5-14 @ 1:05pm CDT and was full with 16 entries @ 5:32pm CDT..

And that 4hours 27mins i bet people are outside? asleep, work,school, party, cousins house? Grandmas house? Friends get together?
    Oh well i have to say i was wrong there! I thought it was open for days but you are right it wasnt - so i apologize! So its somehow bad luck... perhaps they really should make it 32 teams.

If they make it 32 teams and you need a good mage feel free to ask me, im full myth + Talisman + Singe with 21452 tdm kills.

regards, Rob
    Last edited by Robhawk; 09-09-2014 at 08:32 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Robhawk For This Useful Post:

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remember Me View Post
    I hope STS realizes anyone who posted "Cool" or a useless comment could have gone back and edited a team in...
    They did realize before hand and Rem was removing spot savers as they popped up. Only full entries were kept. Anyway, I am sure indecisiveness on team mates was responsible for more players missing the deadline then time zone.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Robhawk View Post
    If they make it 32 teams
    There can be a bracket with any size: http://challonge.com/tournament/bracket_generator

Robhawk

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    There can be a bracket with any size: http://challonge.com/tournament/bracket_generator
    I dont host it, tell this STS!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Maybe spend less time trolling ppl and more time paying attention. So much qq. So little time...
    CO-GM <THE COLLECTIVE>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Yea but organization takes time, who want to be in first line, who want to be subs, who want to make his own team, what gears, what pets etc. You told me the signup start in pm, but i could post only 10th, so. When delph made the 2-2 tournament, there was an announcement before the signups, and she made a deadline where we can post the signups in a different thread 2 week before tournament. We just had a different 3-3 tournament in our guild, we can nominate another 3-4 teams easily if its possible.

secondly, you organized the last two 5-5 tounaments with 13 and 11 teams, it wasnt professional then? What im trying to say this, i think it wont be a problem to the late subsrcibers that they need to play one more as a gualifying round.
    A few byes is fine but so many? We're talking about 10 or more here!
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    They did realize before hand and Rem was removing spot savers as they popped up. Only full entries were kept. Anyway, I am sure indecisiveness on team mates was responsible for more players missing the deadline then time zone.
    Exactly, they changed teams more than a few times.

I understood time was of the essence and picked my team accordingly. They should've done the same!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Hali, I do agree that there should have been an announcement beforehand. That would've avoided all this mess, however what is the point of kicking and screaming after the fact. What's done is done.

Just fyi my team is looking for subs so if any magnum (or anyone who is looking for a team) wants to sub for team Decimation please PM me on forums, or ign @ raw.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raw View Post
    Hali, I do agree that there should have been an announcement beforehand. That would've avoided all this mess, however what is the point of kicking and screaming after the fact. What's done is done.

Just fyi my team is looking for subs so if any magnum (or anyone who is looking for a team) wants to sub for team Decimation please PM me on forums, or ign @ raw.
    An announcement beforehand would have changed nothing - people are still late to register and would still complain that if they do not get in. I know because in the tournaments that I've hosted, I've always had to change the bracket and when I do - the outcome becomes far less ideal because of byes. Now, byes aren't that bad when there is just a few. However, if there is more than that...it really just becomes a mess where one side of the participants get an easier match-up while the other side has to deal with a much harder match-up. That being said, I am looking for a sub mage as well so anyone that wants to participate in the tournament - I suggest that you go through the registered teams and get on as subs!

Looking for a L41 skilled mage sub, will need to evaluate in-game before confirming.

P.S: Hali, that link you provided does give a bracket for 24, yes. However, it's basically a reorganized version of what the tournament system bracket on forums would give you. One set of teams would be in a round earlier than others meanwhile the others would have to compete to catch up to the teams that got a headstart on everyone making for a messy tournament with an unequal start.
    Last edited by Zeus; 09-09-2014 at 10:20 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Qualifying rounds, said it all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Qualifying rounds, said it all.
    So some people have to qualify while others are already allowed in? That's what Hali's matchup looks like.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

So some people have to qualify while others are already allowed in? That's what Hali's matchup looks like.
    Yes, so the late subscribers need to play one more 'qualifiying' round. On the last tournament some teams also played one more round, havent heard anyone complain about it. Better play one round more, than not participate at all imho

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Yes, so the late subscribers need to play one more 'qualifiying' round. On the last tournament some teams also played one more round, havent heard anyone complain about it. Better play one round more, than not participate at all imho
    That is true - as long as I am not shorted for being on time and registering when I should have, I have no complaints. If Remiem wants to create a qualifying round for late registrants, I'm all for it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Isn't that what happend in this last tournament??!!..
    For me its still a valid solution.

Though the best would be:
    #1 completely scratching away from book the registered teams
    #2 re announce the tournament
    #3 Give a deadline of a week
    #4 Increase the max partecipants to the highest possible
    #5 Organize qualyfing rounds.

The teams who were able to win all their qualifying matches move to the real tournament, the numbers alowed NOW would be 16 as agreed before.

Its a tournament afterall, skills should determine the perfect tdm team not how long you loitered on forum or the speed in creating a team.
    Give all the partecipants a chance and adeguate time to properly form a team and partecipate.
    I am about to watch a qualyfing match for the europe cup that would be in 2016
    Fifa world cup there are qualifying matches.

European league there are qualifying matches.

Champions league qualifying matches.

In Motogp and F1 they run to determine in base of the best times the order to start before the real race.

Volley qualifying rounds

Ecc ecc ecc.

First in first serve should not determine partecipants in a serious tournament. In a sane period of time(obviously) everyone should have their chance to start from the bottom and reach the top.

This long a** post was not singlely directed to you but, especially, to sts and mods organizing this tdm tournament.
    Last edited by Anarchist; 09-09-2014 at 11:25 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Isn't that what happend in this last tournament??!!..
    For me its still a valid solution.

Though the best would be:
    #1 completely scratching away from book the registered teams
    #2 re announce the tournament
    #3 Give a deadline of a week
    #4 Increase the max partecipants to the highest possible
    #5 Organize qualyfing rounds.

The teams who were able to win all their qualifying matches move to the real tournament, the numbers alowed NOW would be 16 as agreed before.

Its a tournament afterall, skills should determine the perfect tdm team not how long you loitered on forum or the speed in creating a team.
    Give all the partecipants a chance and adeguate time to properly form a team and partecipate.
    I am about to watch a qualyfing match for the europe cup that would be in 2016
    Fifa world cup there are qualifying matches.

European league there are qualifying matches.

Champions league qualifying matches.

In Motogp and F1 they run to determine in base of the best times the order to start before the real race.

Volley qualifying rounds

Ecc ecc ecc.

First in first serve should not determine partecipants in a serious tournament. In a sane period of time(obviously) everyone should have their chance to start from the bottom and reach the top.

This long a** post was not singlely directed to you but, espacially, to sts and mods organizing this tdm tournament.
    No, that is not what happened in the previous tournament.

Secondly, you want everyone to re-register and give up their spots just because a few teams could not act quickly?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

This is a 24 team single elimination sample: http://challonge.com/tournaments/bra...ref=gJAS5VY82p
    the first 8 team play one round less, it fits to the original 'only 8 team' idea.

I counted 25 team in the sign-up thread, so the last team should be a reserve if one team is not available.