Thread: Skill build - What's the point?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Default Skill build - What's the point?

If I'm right, in games builds are made so each player has free choice of spells and abilites they like to have, to make a difference between each player. Otherwise, there could be spells that everyone will have, so no point of having a skill tree. Why I'm saying this, is because there are too many skill points at lvl cap. How can it make a difference when each player has almost enough points to choose all spells and passives available?(Don't take it literally of course) I mean, each player has enough points to choose all most useful passives, plus some even have spare points for passives like speed, because there's no point in investing them in useless abilities or new skills when there's no use of them(because of 4 slots only). And what's gonna happen with new lvl caps? People are gonna put points even in damage passive lol, though they'll have no use of them(with dmg pets). That's why things should be changed before new caps. Or new skills that are not gonna be useless, or passives that reduce cooldowns, or passives that give say procs and probably there are even more choices. I think developers should learn why do skill trees exist.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to smartthegod For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

That's why devs are gonna make skill changes. There needs to be skill paths, so there will be many combinations, and not everyone will have the same build.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by obee View Post
    That's why devs are gonna make skill changes. There needs to be skill paths, so there will be many combinations, and not everyone will have the same build.
    Well I just hope it wont take forever to make new builds...Btw, ever heard of Path of exile? THAT is a skill tree(however only passives), 1350 options to choose, a whole galaxy of skills. That's literally a maze. You should take a look of that tree please and maybe try to see a difference between AL and that skill tree
    Last edited by smartthegod; 09-11-2014 at 08:52 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by smartthegod View Post
    Well I just hope it wont take forever to make new builds...Btw, ever heard of Path of exile? THAT is a skill tree(however only passives), 1350 options to choose, a whole galaxy of skills. That's literally a maze. You should take a look of that tree please and maybe try to see a difference between AL and that skill tree
    That's legit. XD