Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rude LVL 50 players

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Rude LVL 50 players

well i am not into complaining but since i just registered and last weekend i got kind of pissed of by some LVL 50 player i would like to make a comment about so that if its you the one reading then learn to control yourself.
    i was in "the lost expedition town" i have a lvl 31 mage and i went into the icy grate, the one behind Ryom... it was empty when i got in, then this group of 4 LVL 50 guys came in bulling me telling me to leave and telling me that i am a leech and week and low lvl and some other stuff.. i told them that i am no leech .. i am lvl 31 and i am in the right place.. they are 50 and they should be in higer lvl grounds..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Ya... that was us. And in that case you were leeching. You were getting a free ride to a boss that you couldn't even dream of soloing by yourself. Btw this is apollo. And we weren't being rude at first. We kindly asked you to leave, but you were being very stubborn.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If he was there first...why should he leave...?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by krowssin View Post
    If he was there first...why should he leave...?
    Actually we were there first. So we asked him to leave, especially since a friend on our list couldn't join due to him

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

The grate really isn't a low level thing... few people that level can beat fridge.

BTW... did you guys meet my 2nd pally? Same as forum name.. I was doing the same thing as that guy, and 4 50's came in, might've been you guys. Completely forget their names. They didn't ask me to leave

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

hmmm, in this case were us lvl 50's are farming lower lvl levels i usually boot were it is warranted but if no boot i play normally but just dont rev lower lvls. i think thats fare. if you cant stay alive and hang then you get no drop.

Edit: Where*
    Last edited by Timmeee; 01-24-2011 at 12:30 AM.
    TammyTwoStep Lvl 50 int mage, TimmeeTwoStep Lvl12 Str Bear, TimmeTwoStep lvl8 Bird

Lol is just a grouping of words, Lol is a lifestyle. -Timmee

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I usually just afk and do homework until they leave. I don't want them to get the drop when I do all the work yet I'm not going to tell them to leave. Just because they can't kill the boss, doesn't mean they can't XP there or explore.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was half way through clearing the level(knowing I can't solo Fridge) with my ~30 and a level 29 new guy when the farming group came in and made a run for the boss. That was fine with me, and we started riding the killing wave in with them.

Then, I suppose they wanted to make room for more of their buddies, and they said something along the lines of "level 29-30 leave or get booted". I've been around the block a few times, so I thought it was a hilarious demand, I asked them to boot me, please. Obviously, they can't, it wasn't their room to begin with. But the level 29 was a new guy, and he left before getting the joke, I guess he thought he was doing something wrong, offending other players somehow, and was bordering on getting booted. I still feel bad for him.

I was then offered 2000 gold to leave. Had they opened with that, I probably would have just left and started another room, regardless of the insultingly low bribe. At least it was offering something, and maybe that's a lot of money to some new people, maybe even to the level 29 I was with. But they opened with a threat to boot from a room they dropped in on.

I refused, so they started with the name calling. And what is the 14 year old/forever-alone battle cry? You guessed it, "noob". I mentioned that I had around 5 mil banked(putting me probably in the lower middle class of player wealth), meaning to point out how insultingly low the 2k gold offer was and demonstrate that I likely was not a "noob". That was my bad, I had already assessed their maturity level, I was foolish to expect them to get it. And they didn't, instead they thought it was an...um...appendage measuring competition and proceeded to tell me so and so has 60 million, blah blah blah. Point missed, that was probably more my fault than theirs.

Anyway, I can shrug it off, these guys are regulars in the forums, I see them all the time in game. I won't trade or play with them, whatever, I'm not losing any sleep over it, they won't either. But that level 29 guy, how does he feel? The next day, I see one of their party is selling green ice in the forums, so I guess they are happy. They got their loot.

Asshats, every one.

What troubles me is, I think I can see their point of view. They are rushing through rooms as fast as they can, trying to maintain a full party of 50s that know how to play, maximizing their shot at good loot. I also see and experience players of low level, or mages that don't heal the group, birds that stand off to the side, sometimes using that yellow bottle of luck, waiting for Fridge or whatever boss to die, hoping they can score high value loot for nothing. People leach, it happens all the time. ALL THE TIME.

Rushing from room to room, maybe you aren't always aware of who was there first. The offer of 2000 credits to leave, if they led with that, or maybe just asked something along the lines of "We are farming Fridge, can you leave to let the rest of our party in?", I'm happy to get out of the way.

But they led with "leave or get booted". They were the leachers, looking to quickly get to Fridge, exploiting the fact the we were there first and carved a path part of the way there. They tried to con players they thought didn't know better. So eff 'em, I say. They are no better than the leaches taking up their team spots, standing around doing nothing, taking their loot.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by omerojs View Post
    well i am not into complaining but since i just registered and last weekend i got kind of pissed of by some LVL 50 player i would like to make a comment about so that if its you the one reading then learn to control yourself.
    i was in "the lost expedition town" i have a lvl 31 mage and i went into the icy grate, the one behind Ryom... it was empty when i got in, then this group of 4 LVL 50 guys came in bulling me telling me to leave and telling me that i am a leech and week and low lvl and some other stuff.. i told them that i am no leech .. i am lvl 31 and i am in the right place.. they are 50 and they should be in higer lvl grounds..
    That is unbelievably rude of them and really pesses me off that players do that. You were in the right place, and there is no reason 50's should pull that crap.

Quote Originally Posted by rangepwnsmeel View Post
    Ya... that was us. And in that case you were leeching. You were getting a free ride to a boss that you couldn't even dream of soloing by yourself. Btw this is apollo. And we weren't being rude at first. We kindly asked you to leave, but you were being very stubborn.
    Dream of soloing by himself, NO. Dream of beating him with a group of 30's, yes. I should know, I have done it. So he enters a public grate he is the correct level for, and instead of finding a group of 30's he can team with, he finds a bunch of level 50 bullies that are either so under skilled they fear the 30 is going to get their team wiped or so unfamiliar with the game that they think the 30 is going to 'steal' their drop. So in the time it took you to go from 'not rude at first' to rude, did you ego get the boost it needed???

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by omerojs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ChadM View Post
    I was half way through clearing the level(knowing I can't solo Fridge) with my ~30 and a level 29 new guy when the farming group came in and made a run for the boss. That was fine with me, and we started riding the killing wave in with them.

Then, I suppose they wanted to make room for more of their buddies, and they said something along the lines of "level 29-30 leave or get booted". I've been around the block a few times, so I thought it was a hilarious demand, I asked them to boot me, please. Obviously, they can't, it wasn't their room to begin with. But the level 29 was a new guy, and he left before getting the joke, I guess he thought he was doing something wrong, offending other players somehow, and was bordering on getting booted. I still feel bad for him.

I was then offered 2000 gold to leave. Had they opened with that, I probably would have just left and started another room, regardless of the insultingly low bribe. At least it was offering something, and maybe that's a lot of money to some new people, maybe even to the level 29 I was with. But they opened with a threat to boot from a room they dropped in on.

I refused, so they started with the name calling. And what is the 14 year old/forever-alone battle cry? You guessed it, "noob". I mentioned that I had around 5 mil banked(putting me probably in the lower middle class of player wealth), meaning to point out how insultingly low the 2k gold offer was and demonstrate that I likely was not a "noob". That was my bad, I had already assessed their maturity level, I was foolish to expect them to get it. And they didn't, instead they thought it was an...um...appendage measuring competition and proceeded to tell me so and so has 60 million, blah blah blah. Point missed, that was probably more my fault than theirs.

Anyway, I can shrug it off, these guys are regulars in the forums, I see them all the time in game. I won't trade or play with them, whatever, I'm not losing any sleep over it, they won't either. But that level 29 guy, how does he feel? The next day, I see one of their party is selling green ice in the forums, so I guess they are happy. They got their loot.

Asshats, every one.

What troubles me is, I think I can see their point of view. They are rushing through rooms as fast as they can, trying to maintain a full party of 50s that know how to play, maximizing their shot at good loot. I also see and experience players of low level, or mages that don't heal the group, birds that stand off to the side, sometimes using that yellow bottle of luck, waiting for Fridge or whatever boss to die, hoping they can score high value loot for nothing. People leach, it happens all the time. ALL THE TIME.

Rushing from room to room, maybe you aren't always aware of who was there first. The offer of 2000 credits to leave, if they led with that, or maybe just asked something along the lines of "We are farming Fridge, can you leave to let the rest of our party in?", I'm happy to get out of the way.

But they led with "leave or get booted". They were the leachers, looking to quickly get to Fridge, exploiting the fact the we were there first and carved a path part of the way there. They tried to con players they thought didn't know better. So eff 'em, I say. They are no better than the leaches taking up their team spots, standing around doing nothing, taking their loot.
    DEV'S ------- READ THIS AND SEE WHY GROUP BOOT VOTE ON A MAP IS A REALLY REALLY BAD EFFING iDEA!

HunnySniper - HunnyStorm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

If they harass you or call you names, report them. I'd list their names and email support@spacetimestudios.com with a short summary of what happened. They'll check the logs and then take action if appropriate. That's what I did when I was farming there a month ago and was harassed to leave. If it's the same people who keep getting reported for not learning to behave and be respectful, they might get banned permanently.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    That is unbelievably rude of them and really pesses me off that players do that. You were in the right place, and there is no reason 50's should pull that crap.

Dream of soloing by himself, NO. Dream of beating him with a group of 30's, yes. I should know, I have done it. So he enters a public grate he is the correct level for, and instead of finding a group of 30's he can team with, he finds a bunch of level 50 bullies that are either so under skilled they fear the 30 is going to get their team wiped or so unfamiliar with the game that they think the 30 is going to 'steal' their drop. So in the time it took you to go from 'not rude at first' to rude, did you ego get the boost it needed???
    Fluff, who said I was the one being rude... Most people that know me in game generally know that I'm not rude like that, however we did have someone from a previous run wanting to join which is why we asked for the said person to leave... The only time I mind leeching is when you do NOTHING which is what most of the players that join the games do, or if it is truly full and we ask them to leave yet they won't. I know from experience that being rude doesn't get you anywhere... Fluff, I think of you as a friend and all but don't attempt to belittle me when you were not in the situation, and don't realize the full reality of the situation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    DEV'S ------- READ THIS AND SEE WHY GROUP BOOT VOTE ON A MAP IS A REALLY REALLY BAD EFFING iDEA!
    I doubt group boot will work on a map that isn't technically hosted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ayrilana View Post
    If they harass you or call you names, report them. I'd list their names and email support@spacetimestudios.com with a short summary of what happened. They'll check the logs and then take action if appropriate. That's what I did when I was farming there a month ago and was harassed to leave. If it's the same people who keep getting reported for not learning to behave and be respectful, they might get banned permanently.
    Not really unless it's offensive. If they didn't call him hurtful names, then it wasn't really a bannable offense. No, "noob" is not a hurtful name, since most of the people in the game right now are noobs, whether they agree or not. Unless they personal attacked him I don't see a ban happenin'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    Not really unless it's offensive. If they didn't call him hurtful names, then it wasn't really a bannable offense. No, "noob" is not a hurtful name, since most of the people in the game right now are noobs, whether they agree or not. Unless they personal attacked him I don't see a ban happenin'
    You're probably right. In my case they were cursing in other languages. Personally, unless they ask nicely, don't leave.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

You're probably right. In my case they were cursing in other languages. Personally, unless they ask nicely, don't leave.
    Cussing in other languages is really a controversial matter. I know someone that cussed at me in a different language, and in English, and called me awful names. They're still in game and playing. I don't trust that report button one bit, and wish I respoerted them via Support, but what's done is sone. I think if they're offensive, it should be at the least a warning, if not, a 24 hour ban. Sorry if that didn't make sense or was just useless rambling lol. I'm dead tired.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rangepwnsmeel View Post
    Fluff, who said I was the one being rude... Most people that know me in game generally know that I'm not rude like that, however we did have someone from a previous run wanting to join which is why we asked for the said person to leave... The only time I mind leeching is when you do NOTHING which is what most of the players that join the games do, or if it is truly full and we ask them to leave yet they won't. I know from experience that being rude doesn't get you anywhere... Fluff, I think of you as a friend and all but don't attempt to belittle me when you were not in the situation, and don't realize the full reality of the situation.
    I know your not rude, and that last part was really in poor taste of me. I twink PVE a lot and see a lot of this from the lower level side. Players in the right area getting bullied out of the area by level 50's and it really gets to me. The problem here is it is a public map, and correct level players should not be asked to leave. Best thing you can do is find a mostly empty town and enter that grate, since each town instance hosts its own 'hidden dungeon' if you are trying to get a full team in.

HunnySniper - HunnyStorm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

I doubt group boot will work on a map that isn't technically hosted.
    More of an example of what players would do if given the chance. If a host leaves, and say two players are left clearing a map, 3 50's can join, boot them out, invite their friends and finish the map.

HunnySniper - HunnyStorm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

All you pmsin kids need to calm down.
    IGN Swag Killer lvl 20 Twink Dex Bear
    MissMage lvl 55 Enchant Pure Int
    MrHunter lvl 51 Bird Pure Dex
    MrAxe lvl 50 Bear Dual Spec More Str

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    Cussing in other languages is really a controversial matter. I know someone that cussed at me in a different language, and in English, and called me awful names. They're still in game and playing. I don't trust that report button one bit, and wish I respoerted them via Support, but what's done is sone. I think if they're offensive, it should be at the least a warning, if not, a 24 hour ban. Sorry if that didn't make sense or was just useless rambling lol. I'm dead tired.
    I don't know what happened so you'd have to ask them. They're among the pvp clique. I've willing to bet it's just a warning or a temporary ban for a first offense. It doesn't hurt to just report them. If it's deemed not to be inappropriate then oh well.