Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rude LVL 50 players

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Unless someone is outright stealing, or genuinely doing something malicious to hurt people somehow, maybe hacking accounts, I'd rather the devs avoid the ban hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by MissMage View Post
    All you pmsin kids need to calm down.
    Why, are you going to share some of that gold or green ice with the people you and your party does this to?
    Last edited by ChadM; 01-24-2011 at 01:16 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    I know your not rude, and that last part was really in poor taste of me. I twink PVE a lot and see a lot of this from the lower level side. Players in the right area getting bullied out of the area by level 50's and it really gets to me. The problem here is it is a public map, and correct level players should not be asked to leave. Best thing you can do is find a mostly empty town and enter that grate, since each town instance hosts its own 'hidden dungeon' if you are trying to get a full team in.
    Ya... telling me I was egotistic was a bit hurtful... (That may have just sounded really egotistic LOL) But you are right about the other parts... I know each person get's an individual drop roll so there is no possible way that they can steal a drop. It does however bug me when a lvl 30 joins a group of 50s (as long as they help, I don't mind), and thinks, "Oo sweet, these guys look pro! Looks like I don't have to do much!" and basically leach off of us, I mean if you are an elf and at lvl 30, I would really appreciate spam heals.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rangepwnsmeel View Post
    Ya... telling me I was egotistic was a bit hurtful... (That may have just sounded really egotistic LOL) But you are right about the other parts... I know each person get's an individual drop roll so there is no possible way that they can steal a drop. It does however bug me when a lvl 30 joins a group of 50s (as long as they help, I don't mind), and thinks, "Oo sweet, these guys look pro! Looks like I don't have to do much!" and basically leach off of us, I mean if you are an elf and at lvl 30, I would really appreciate spam heals.
    What they need to do is take the 'hidden' maps off the join game screen. That is where the 'leeches' come from, they see a level 50 public game, know they can't get booted and join to tag along for the ride. If those were gone, you know a player who joined just entered the grate looking for a game of similar leveled players and happened to come across some 50's, and not just some deadbeat looking for free exp and drops.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    What they need to do is take the 'hidden' maps off the join game screen. That is where the 'leeches' come from, they see a level 50 public game, know they can't get booted and join to tag along for the ride. If those were gone, you know a player who joined just entered the grate looking for a game of similar leveled players and happened to come across some 50's, and not just some deadbeat looking for free exp and drops.
    That's what I suggested for the shadow caves -- should not show in the "join game" screen -- but it seems to have been ignored.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Fluff, who said I was the one being rude... Most people that know me in game generally know that I'm not rude like that, however we did have someone from a previous run wanting to join which is why we asked for the said person to leave... The only time I mind leeching is when you do NOTHING which is what most of the players that join the games do, or if it is truly full and we ask them to leave yet they won't. I know from experience that being rude doesn't get you anywhere... Fluff, I think of you as a friend and all but don't attempt to belittle me when you were not in the situation, and don't realize the full reality of the situation.
    truth to be said i was not leeching, i was indeed looking for a group of some other 30s... actually it was the first time i went in that area so i figured i would just try and see what was ahead... i am in fact new to the game but i have lots of MMORPG experience and even if i have very high lvl players i would never treat people like that, especially when they are in their rightful area playing..
    actually i didn't even looked for the join world thing expecting lvl 50s.. i literally walked to the great and climbed down... i was going to leave when asked just because i saw no point on staying and i figured that they were waiting for the other guy to join but after calling names i decided to stay just for the fun of it... after they killed the boss (even i did help since i am no leech) i left and didnt get back in just because i dont like to be a Moro*n...
    so guys next time... take it easy on the ones playing in there... learn to be polite and if you think you are the best just because you are lvl 50... dude grow up in real life, then talk to me again...
    ps: I am omewiz... just in case u see me again around...

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Who was in the game first? If it was the 30, and you guys joined, then you can't really accuse him of this. We all know when someone is leeching, it's obvious, so to accuse someone of it at go in that location at that level is pretty weak.

It's not like he was a lvl 9 coming in 5th to the party. That's what gets me fired up and gets the instant leave.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by omerojs View Post
    truth to be said i was not leeching, i was indeed looking for a group of some other 30s... actually it was the first time i went in that area so i figured i would just try and see what was ahead... i am in fact new to the game but i have lots of MMORPG experience and even if i have very high lvl players i would never treat people like that, especially when they are in their rightful area playing..
    actually i didn't even looked for the join world thing expecting lvl 50s.. i literally walked to the great and climbed down... i was going to leave when asked just because i saw no point on staying and i figured that they were waiting for the other guy to join but after calling names i decided to stay just for the fun of it... after they killed the boss (even i did help since i am no leech) i left and didnt get back in just because i like to be a Moro*n...
    so guys next time... take it easy on the ones playing in there... learn to be polite and if you think you are the best just because you are lvl 50... dude grow up in real life, then talk to me again...
    dontps: I am omewiz... just in case u see me again around...
    I don't think you are the guy yesterday then, it was a different player then maybe.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

The hidden ice cave is a level 30 map, and a public non-hosted instance. As far as I'm concerned it takes an arrogant level 50 to try to ask a 30 to leave that map. And the Fridge is a level 30 boss, a good team of 30s can take him down. I'm so sick of level 50s telling level 30s "oh frozen nightmares is way to hard for you", "no way, you can't take on the fridge". I'm sorry but that's just wrong, and either you never tried those things as a 30, or you just weren't good enough when you did.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

NorthEast Ohio on the #1 Trout River next to Lake Erie
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

There is alot of this going on. I dont care where I go on my 32 alt. I get booted or called all kinds of names atleast 1time a night. I hate when I go threw a portal and find a 50 in zone. I normaly just drop out and give it 5-10minutes and try again.

I been there when a special group of players entered and asked me to leave when I was there first.
    Im sure the one guy who is on this forum alot remebers. pulling a bunch of stuff then zoneing out after us low levels started to fight. us dieing and you porting back in to your friend(sitting at zone in). Then HAHAHA LOLOLOL bullcrap....
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..

Im sorry, but some of you think you own this game. I don't care how much you spent or how long you have played. You my friend are in a low level zone. lock it . if you cant lock it- go farm something else if your gona be a donkey.
    .................................................. .................................................. ...................

Just report these people. Im sure PL would want to keep the 5-10-20people vs one person.

Its still a cash cow in the end. I dont think they would let one person rune it for a bunch of people.
    ((LOOK- at 50 you spent your money. The guy at a lower level more then likely still has alot to spend money on))

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
    As far as I'm concerned it takes an arrogant level 50 to try to ask a 30 to leave that map.
    So, over half of the level 50s? Especially the newer ones?

I may or may not be in a guild called The Rusher, where I may or may not enjoy myself.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't think you can generalize new or older 50s. There's DBs in every group. partied with plenty of asshat 50s who had great gear and $ and plenty that were Mynas Gens with 0 missions completed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Omerojs you sound like someone I'd like to play/group with. Feel free to add me.

I never boot lower levels even when other group members ask me too. I did it once and felt so bad afterwards, it wasn't worth it..

I have never grouped with a leech. On the contrary it's my experience when lower levels join my groups they go out of their way to be part of the group and do their fair share of killing/spamming heals. And they are so grateful not to be booted which I find sad. Most of my friends list were level 20's, 30's and 40's and are now fun 50's.

If you happen to end up in Vaelma's group in a elite dungeon or regular campaign, you are welcome to stay and get some xp.
    Yes'r I'm a real girl and no I don't have any gold to give you, sorry.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BeefyMeat View Post
    I don't think you can generalize new or older 50s. There's DBs in every group. partied with plenty of asshat 50s who had great gear and $ and plenty that were Mynas Gens with 0 missions completed.
    You do realize about 85% if mynas gen died out because ao3 was too damn hard for them right?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There's still plenty around, trying to farm what/whoever, and just get out of their way if you're going to slow them down 1 iota.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Eh, there are still power leveled noobs and level 50s that leached, but very very few mynas gem if any. There are a lot of noobs, but true mynas gen are lvl 10 by knowledge, cant use their skills right, have hardly any gold, wear awful gear in most instances, and don't know anything about the game, Nor how to play it.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Good point. Further reasoning that the PLing for item payment running rampant on the boards makes me sick. It really helps no one but the PLer in the short term. Seeing one can get 0-50 in about a week, the short term should be the focus of this game right now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

People don't realize that it's not much different at 50, and it's not going anywhere, the only thing that changes if you level slower is that gear gets cheaper....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

That's why I start my own levels with my level 50 instead of using the grate. That way I do not show up on lower levels and can boot them if they join and I do not want to see them.

Seems like the polite thing to do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    That's why I start my own levels with my level 50 instead of using the grate. That way I do not show up on lower levels and can boot them if they join and I do not want to see them.

Seems like the polite thing to do.
    Huh? You can hos your own Grate games? Since when?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    Huh? You can hos your own Grate games? Since when?
    No you can not....