Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rude LVL 50 players

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I've been doing that map a fair bit in the last few days also. I generally play with one or two lvl 50s and have no problem with lower levels being there. Last night I had one ask if it was ok to stay and I said of course, please spam heal and rev as necessary. Sure enough the player rev'd me in the boss fight. As long as my friend and I are able to work together we can generally get the job done -- sure it doesn't go as fast, but it can be more fun and challenging. Hopefully the lower level guys can help and maybe learn.

On occasion players don't realize that you need to leave the cave to get it to reset. That's the only time I start asking people to leave, and I try to explain that when I do. I guess they want to explore the other side tunnels or something, or just go afk or whatever. In some sense it seems to me that the complexity of forming teams for this is part of what keeps the value of the green ice high.

I think 50s can be rude across the game and it really is a shame. Remember there are real people, some of them little kids (my 10 year old is having a blast, and no, I don't powerlevel her -- that would miss the entire point of playing). Imagine saying the hurtful words to someone's face -- would you do that? If not, don't act that way online.
    PL: Arazoro [76] ranger | Noerbert [76] archer | Zeanaca [76] sorceress | Arbert [76] warrior
    AL: Teamar [22] rogue | Barimar [21] sorcerer | Guark [21] warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Ranged (Apollo), I have to disagree with you this time. I know you would never be rude. But about the rest of it...

This is a level 30 map. Level 50 players in lower level public maps should, in my opinion, consider themselves guests of those who are the same level as the drops. I asked JustG this question after I was treated in a similar manner to the OP. I asked him, are the really tough bosses like Vyxnaar and the Fridge intended for level 50 players or for players of the same level as the drops, and he said "both". He said I should expect that level-capped players will be everywhere and (since it was new at the time) that I should expect them to be in the newest maps just for something different to do. But, he said, the maps were designed to be do-able by a team of players who are the same level as the drops. And he agreed with me in general that good sportsmanship was what we really need here.

Having received the same treatment (by Elly and her friends) in the Vyxnaar map, I can only say that it feels incredibly insulting to have some guys who can EASILY destroy the most difficult boss I chose to fight call me a "leech" because I had the guts to go in there with a toon of the appropriate level. The gut reaction, the defensive response (which isn't really tru, but this is what it feels like!) is to throw it back at them saying, those of us who farm with appropriate level characters have earned our treasures more surely than anyone who "farms" by overpowering in such excess.

I have long felt that there should be a level MAX to these spaces to keep the level 50 players out. They are as capable of creating level-approriate PvE twinks as the rest of us, and earning their drops with real risk. But the answer to my suggestion is always that this is somehow taking something away from the level 50s, to force them to make new characters if they want to go back into dungeons half their level.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Leeching is a funny perception. E.g., I was accused of leeching in a game the other day while playing a level 50 mage, by a level 50 bear. Funny thing is, with 5 people in the group, I got nearly half the kills. Leeching? I don't think so. More likely the bear is just an egotistical nutball.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Kills aren't the best stat to look at with leeching...if timed right you can take numerous kills with 1 AoE spell and make it look like you were fighting the whole time.

I think if you're not constantly doing something, you're leeching. It's not as if there is so much going on in this game that you have to stop to make sure you're set up right or something.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Norbert View Post
    I've been doing that map a fair bit in the last few days also. I generally play with one or two lvl 50s and have no problem with lower levels being there. Last night I had one ask if it was ok to stay and I said of course, please spam heal and rev as necessary. Sure enough the player rev'd me in the boss fight. As long as my friend and I are able to work together we can generally get the job done -- sure it doesn't go as fast, but it can be more fun and challenging. Hopefully the lower level guys can help and maybe learn.

On occasion players don't realize that you need to leave the cave to get it to reset. That's the only time I start asking people to leave, and I try to explain that when I do. I guess they want to explore the other side tunnels or something, or just go afk or whatever. In some sense it seems to me that the complexity of forming teams for this is part of what keeps the value of the green ice high.

I think 50s can be rude across the game and it really is a shame. Remember there are real people, some of them little kids (my 10 year old is having a blast, and no, I don't powerlevel her -- that would miss the entire point of playing). Imagine saying the hurtful words to someone's face -- would you do that? If not, don't act that way online.
    Bravo! I couldn't have posted any better and agree entirely. I was having more fun with the level 30 "noobs" yesterday than with the farming fifties who were very sarcastic and making inside jokes--always kind of rude, etc. I found another level fifty mage who was really nice and we just ran with a few 30's and a high 20 and had a good time. They revived when needed and really contributed.

There were a few times I got annoyed when someone wouldn't leave a level and I'd ask them to leave so the level could restart and then I finally just would go in and kill the remaining 9 or so so the level would restart.

I remember being kind of perplexed when I was a 48 and got booted a few times for not being a 50 and if I had been a lot younger I probably would have gotten hurt feelings over it and maybe even stopped playing the game altogether.

I think we do need to remember that this is a community. If you don't like socializing you don't have to but you also don't have to be downright rude.

I'd also like to mention that last night I met a few really nice players playing their thirties. I don't know anything about twinking. In fact, the word twink has an entirely different meaning in the world I'm familiar with *snickers*, so this player I was talking to was talking to me about his twink build, etc. Helped me understand a bit more. Was really nice.

There has been a definite feeling of elitism that I am finding tiresome and I have noticed it getting worse. Maybe it's because people are bored because there are no new maps and so everyone's just busy farming but I like the point that we need to remember these are PEOPLE, often kids, on the other side of the screen. Playground bullying is just kind of gross, IMO.

I just want to clarify that not all of the fifties were doing this but there definitely were a large number doing it.
    Last edited by Pandamoni; 01-24-2011 at 01:37 PM. Reason: clarification

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mycroftxxx View Post
    Leeching is a funny perception. E.g., I was accused of leeching in a game the other day while playing a level 50 mage, by a level 50 bear. Funny thing is, with 5 people in the group, I got nearly half the kills. Leeching? I don't think so. More likely the bear is just an egotistical nutball.
    Haha, he said nutball. You, sir, made my day.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Having level caps on zones that are basically pointless except for the drops the boss has is bad idea. Prices will just sky rocket and nobody will get the items unless they're rich.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BeefyMeat View Post
    I think if you're not constantly doing something, you're leeching.
    I don't like this definition. One IM from a friend on your phone can bump you AFK, and this is a game designed to be played on phones, so there must be room in our expectations for this.

Leeching means entering a map that is to high level for you (level of the drop - player level, if the result is greater than 5 it is too high a level). Even if you can heal and revive and are an asset to the party in that one regard, it is still leeching is your level is greater than 5 below the level of the drops. Such a player receives drops and XP that they did not earn.

Another type of leech goes intentionally AFK in a respawning map and lets others kill the respawning bosses. I have seen these leeches get awesome items through no effort of their own.

And I really don't like it when leeches claim to be power levelling. You can power level anywhere that there are red threats (3 levels above your own), but if you take a level 20 into Alien Oasis and run behind a group that is clearing 100 mobs in 5 minutes (400 xp with elixir), that is leeching.

The case was made once to me that everyone who plays in a group leeches to some extent, technically, but I still say there must be an intention to shortcut the levelling system.

Anyway, it doesn't matter. This thread will not change anything. It won't even make anyone think. They've already made up their minds.

I think there should be a pejorative term to use toward so-called "farmers" who show up with characters twice the level of the drops. I know, I do it, too, but it should not be considered honorable by any means, and those who do it should not claim any special privileges of rank. Since it is so easy, how about "skating" or "woosing out"?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

you guys should F off!
    KnownAsSpy Lvl 50 =(

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KnownAsSpy View Post
    you guys should F off!
    THIS IS A KID GAME!! DON't BE DROPPING F-BOMBS LIKE ITS THE F OF JULY (see what I did there?) DONT BE A FERRORIST (see what I did there?) DONT BE HATIN ONE EVERYONE! (see what I did there? Cuz I didn't)

Cheesy play on words ftw!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    THIS IS A KID GAME!! DON't BE DROPPING F-BOMBS LIKE ITS THE F OF JULY (see what I did there?) DONT BE A FERRORIST (see what I did there?) DONT BE HATIN ONE EVERYONE! (see what I did there? Cuz I didn't)

Cheesy play on words ftw!
    See what I did there? Would ya look at that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EF8GhC-T_Mo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

oh im sorrryyy

i was testing
    KnownAsSpy Lvl 50 =(

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    Huh? You can hos your own Grate games? Since when?
    Nah you cannot. My bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I dont see why u think you need to make a big deal out of this. Some people are just naturally rude- it happened and is over with
    LVL 66 DEX/INT BEAR- DRAQ
    LVL 27 KD ARCHER- QTK
    LVL 66 PURE ARCHER- SHADOWTHUNDER
    LVL 52 KD MAGE- MIZTIQ

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

I think if you are playing, you are not leeching.

I've had the same experience, Snakes, and with people who I would have generally considered to be ok. I have a level 34 mage who generally has a very good time w/ the fridge (can be taken down by level 30s group) and nightmares (is pretty fast with a good level 30s group).

But I've rev'ed and killed and still been called a leech. Even rev'd and healed and got booted after clearing a nightmare level once we got to boss. Most people are nice, but there ARE people who are otherwise. Instead of being mad, I think I mostly laugh and then I'm thankful to discover how these people really are so I can remove them from all my friends lists, assuming these people somehow have mistakenly made it on there. Thank goodness only 2 of these types of people have surfaced so far. LOL.

I have also done as Ayrilana suggested, which is wait around while leeching low levels realize the level 50 isn't moving. Generally, if someone is level appropriate and helping, I'm good. However, if the lowbie isn't helping and cannot help and is hiding around the corner, that's when I'll sit around or leave if they do not leave. I mean, the level 2 isn't going to be able to do much to the fridge or any of the yetis or help me and actually wasn't even interested in generally being in the same room as me, so sorry, level 2, but I'm stopping till you leave, I help you die, or I leave.

Make no mistake though. There are just as many level 50s who do not know how to play. I run from those also :P

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrce View Post
    Make no mistake though. There are just as many level 50s who do not know how to play. I run from those also :P
    DEFINITELY! THOSE ARE THE 50's THAT GOT TO 50 BY LEECHING! -the end of caps.
    I stand for one thing so I dont fall for everything.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelma View Post
    Omerojs you sound like someone I'd like to play/group with. Feel free to add me.

I never boot lower levels even when other group members ask me too. I did it once and felt so bad afterwards, it wasn't worth it..

I have never grouped with a leech. On the contrary it's my experience when lower levels join my groups they go out of their way to be part of the group and do their fair share of killing/spamming heals. And they are so grateful not to be booted which I find sad. Most of my friends list were level 20's, 30's and 40's and are now fun 50's.

If you happen to end up in Vaelma's group in a elite dungeon or regular campaign, you are welcome to stay and get some xp.
    Well Vaelma, i would definitely love to play sometime with you, I am not sure how to add you or who are u in the game but anyway... actually i am an Engineer from Colombia living in Taiwan.. lol... so my play time is my night time which is normally everyone's else day time.. i still play during my day sometimes on the weekends.. the problem is that when i play there are not many people playing at the same time so i dont get much help..

well this thread turned out to be kind of controversial, by no means i am crying over it but i do like to see that there is a lot of people in my situation thinking in a similar way.. actually i have no idea what is the green stuff you guys talk about that you can farm in the fridge lvl, i have no idea how to get it or what is it for... i guess ill have to play more to find out lol... recently i have been trying to make a bear, he is on lvl 16 now and growing slowly..
    normally when i play with the Mage i try to play lvls where i have to sharpen my skills to survive with or without help, i will even go to higher lvls to improve my skills on killing and running for your life lol.. id love to have another player with me to help a bit lol.. actually i am dragging my younger brother into the game but he is always busy with work stuff, i used to play MU online with him before i came to Taiwan 6 years ago but here its in Chinese and i cannot read it lol.. when i am with the bear i love when a higher lvl mage joins and heals while i kill so when i use the mage i sometimes like to join low lvls just to help others with the healing !!

question, what would be consider an "Elite dungeon"?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Frozen Nightmares (which kind of includes the hidden ice cave), and the AO3 shadow caves are the elite dungeons.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
    Frozen Nightmares (which kind of includes the hidden ice cave), and the AO3 shadow caves are the elite dungeons.
    I don't think the ice cave is elite at all until you get to the boss room. Then the Ice Trolls and the fridge are the only elite ones I think.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Auris View Post
    I really need help! I love this game and a few days ago some kid said he wanted to buy my laser wand of cosmos for 10k and I said no because it's worth more so he called me gay and reported me( don't know how many times!). Now it says that I am banned forever! Someone please help me and telle what to do. O hope to be playing this game again soon!*
    P.S. If you don't want to post me on this thread then email me at*auris.j1996@yahoo.com
    Quit spammin, just e-mail the devs at support@spacetimestudios.com