Thread: Solution to stop plat farmers blowing the trust of plat buyers in this game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Default Solution to stop plat farmers blowing the trust of plat buyers in this game.

Just my two cents and a solution that would help STS retain plat buyers and their trust/ interest in this game.

Split the buckets into two: #1: Bought Plats bucket #2: Free offers bucket (call it nickel or free tokens and not platinum)
    Plats bought - unrestricted to spend on anything of your choice. You bought it with real money and deserve to use it as and how you please.

Nickels from free offers/ farmed:
    Use Nickels as plats to
    1. Quick buy a lix
    2. Revive

Limit the use of farmed Nickels to -
    1. Open not more than one locked per day (24 hours)
    2. Upgrade not more than one gem day (24 hrs)

Remove the following options stores/ stable
    1. Buy weapons
    2. Buy Pet eggs
    3. Buy premium bundles and vanity
    4. Buy pets Premium exclusive plat pets with nickel
    5. Buy Jewellery and 10x lix bundles from the store

Technically I know this is not a tough solution to implement considering the use cases of event tokens can be extended to resolve this issue. I am surprised why STS did not choose to plug this revenue hole for so long. Wish the designers and devs give this some priority over a double odds/ shark weekend kind of events that just boosts the plat farmers revenue.

ps: I am 100% sure plat buyers would agree to this suggestion. If you find a filthy rich in the game that does not support this idea, most probably its a plat farmer.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to killarrow For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

There is a slight problem with this solution. As it stands the beastmaster AP requires two plat exclusive pets for a total cost of 60 plat. If you remove the ability for people to purchase them by doing free offers it is slightly unfair to them. I am a plat buyer but I don't think it is fair to have an AP that can only be accomplished by spending rl money. That being said, I think this could be viable with some tweaking. Also, need to take away the plat to gold conversion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

Like bigboy said, they can remove plat to gold, or just removed free offers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by obee View Post
    Like bigboy said, they can remove plat to gold, or just removed free offers
    Removing free offers would be a terrible move for AL seeing as many things require plat. The free offers are something for a true F2P player to do to maybe get a Mythic pet or something plat wise that does not have a gold equivalent. I myself buy plat now and then but I still think this is a bad idea, however a few adjustments could make it work. In my perspective though this isn't really a major problem game wise because it doesn't have any affect on playing AL itself. But business wise it is really up there :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SacredKnight View Post
    Removing free offers would be a terrible move for AL seeing as many things require plat. The free offers are something for a true F2P player to do to maybe get a Mythic pet or something plat wise that does not have a gold equivalent. I myself buy plat now and then but I still think this is a bad idea, however a few adjustments could make it work. In my perspective though this isn't really a major problem game wise because it doesn't have any affect on playing AL itself. But business wise it is really up there :/
    I see. But it is a big problem for the people who are spending so much money, and also, no one can pvp, since half of the people there plat farm. It is a big problem when you see the image and community of the game. But there is no solution that won't harm anything

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Introducing third currency and re tweaking all aps and functionalities according to third currency is gonna take a while. I just hope such a change is made but if its going to be made its gonna take a while(maybe too long a while )
    Cause Anarchial causes only ANARCHY!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchial View Post
    Introducing third currency and re tweaking all aps and functionalities according to third currency is gonna take a while. I just hope such a change is made but if its going to be made its gonna take a while(maybe too long a while )
    There are not just two currencies, we have story tokens, haunlet coins, event tokens...etc. They need not introduce an all new currency for this, Just have separate buckets to store the free plats and bought plats should do.

Set a cap on spending the plats from free offers so that its used and not abused as it happens now.

I am not spending any more on plats until STS take the right step to ensure that the free plat abuse is fixed.

STS <-- even the titanic sank due to overconfidence and negligence.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

I do paid offers. What category would you put that under?
    People may be less inclined to do offers if such limitations are enforced as well.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ravager For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post
    People may be less inclined to do offers if such limitations are enforced as well.
    Paid offers need to reward plat.

The free offers could offer an alternate type of currency. One that can buy pets directly to your stable, revives, respecs all on your character. This currency shouldn't open locks or be able to be converted to gold.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post
    My post is against plat abusers and nut buyers and users. Hope my intention for the post is clear.

Since you asked there are only two categories that I can think about are as below (you may choose to categorize in a different way, its up to you and your thoughts),

1) Non plat buyers
    - Non plat users
    - Plat users from free/ paid offers
    - Plat farmers and Abusers

2) Plat Buyers
    - Direct Plat buyers

I have no right/intention to comment on others who invested/ bought/ did paid offers on plats heavily and continue to do so.

All I can say is for myself is - I am not going to buy until they fix the farmers and ban abusers. Its was not known to me until recently else would have stopped buying plats and saved myself a lot of real money.

ps: You are welcome to leave constructive feedback with a solution/ alternate solution anytime on my thread.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyblue View Post
    There is a slight problem with this solution. As it stands the beastmaster AP requires two plat exclusive pets for a total cost of 60 plat. If you remove the ability for people to purchase them by doing free offers it is slightly unfair to them. I am a plat buyer but I don't think it is fair to have an AP that can only be accomplished by spending rl money. That being said, I think this could be viable with some tweaking. Also, need to take away the plat to gold conversion.
    i thought since the introduction of Eggavier no pet was plat exclusive?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anehazaz View Post
    i thought since the introduction of Eggavier no pet was plat exclusive?
    Look at the date the op posted the thread

MAGE OF DEVIANT MISFITSKGKGKFK