Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Your Job (or: How Not To Look Like A N00b)

Once Upon Blacksmoke Mountain | 0.0 IM ACTUALLY OUTSIDE YOU HOUSE..................................
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Great guide and guys, how do i thank in posts?

this will really help

thanks

Modalex - Lvl 75 Elf - Skuxxbird - Secret Approaching Lvl 76 Bird - Modalex Lvl 13 Rogue - ADD ME IF YOU[I WISH, IM REALLY NICE! [/I]

Once Upon Blacksmoke Mountain | 0.0 IM ACTUALLY OUTSIDE YOU HOUSE..................................
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

this thread is actually pretty useful when you think about it.

Modalex - Lvl 75 Elf - Skuxxbird - Secret Approaching Lvl 76 Bird - Modalex Lvl 13 Rogue - ADD ME IF YOU[I WISH, IM REALLY NICE! [/I]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Vanity items can also be used to make you look less n00b. :P
    PL Twinker

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I always wonder off from the group and solo dungeons and i've got 5600 kills 8 deaths?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Dex bears woot woot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Just read this. Sounds like good advice. Anything comparable out there for foxes and rhinos?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thank you for this guide! I just started playing yesterday and have no experience (unless 2 years of WoW count). :P

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Corryn View Post
    Thank you for this guide! I just started playing yesterday and have no experience (unless 2 years of WoW count). :P
    Wow isnt PL, and vise versa so yes you're a new player or "noob"

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall.

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Good guide!
    Oakwi - Level 65 bird | Divinerush - Lvl 25 bear | Azeflaeik - Lvl 11 bear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sanchomundo View Post
    Just read this. Sounds like good advice. Anything comparable out there for foxes and rhinos?
    I checked ranger class discussion and no luck, seems like no ones gotten around to writing a guide yet. However, Whisperwalk has put a Rhino guide up, its in the Paladin class discussion. His guide covers all the basics, and though it does tend to be a little "my way or the highway" at times, it'll explain all the core elements of the class.

Also, you'll want to take this threads advice with a grain of salt. The OP is pretty old, and endgame mechanics have changed quite a bit over the years. Birds are a lot tougher, and pure-str bears have gotten a little weaker.
    Last edited by Battlegrinder; 04-24-2013 at 12:05 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Battlegrinder View Post
    I checked ranger class discussion and no luck, seems like no ones gotten around to writing a guide yet. However, Whisperwalk has put a Rhino guide up, its in the Paladin class discussion. His guide covers all the basics, and though it does tend to be a little "my way or the highway" at times, it'll explain all the core elements of the class.

Also, you'll want to take this threads advice with a grain of salt. The OP is pretty old, and endgame mechanics have changed quite a bit over the years. Birds are a lot tougher, and pure-str bears have gotten a little weaker.
    Birds are tougher, they just do a lot more damage.

Pure str bears are still strongest but hit% is so crappy that cant hit like anything. (in pvp debuffed hit of pure str bear is around 25-35)
    Endgame mages are weaker

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

True...

13.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #73
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    803 Posts

Hello community! Who wants to help with updating this guide on how to not look like a noob

I see 2 classes are missing..
    | | |

| |

Need Help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    156 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Delphina View Post
    Hello community! Who wants to help with updating this guide on how to not look like a noob

I would but I'm a bit noobish with paladims

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    615 Posts

I would, I know a bit on paladins

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

(Before as you progress, I copied some of the text)
    Rhinos

Your job is to "tank" and support. All that STR you're pumping up? Well, it’s not really for damage (yes, it helps, but that's not your main job) -- it's to increase your hit points and armor so you can take more damage. You go in first, and get the attention of the enemies using Summon. Make them attack you. Use Heal and Buffs (Vital Force and Brute Force) when you are near your teammates, as often as possible. These skills restore your teammate’s HP and give you a lot of H/s, boost your team’s offensive stats, and boost your team’s defensive stats.

Get the best armor rating, M/s regen, and H/s regen rates you can. Yes, a two-handed sword looks cool and does more damage, but in a group, that's not your job. A shield will serve you better and some of the 1-handed weapons have nice effects that can help offset their lower damage.

Foxes

Ok, see everything above about Rhinos? Do the opposite. You want to hang back, using long-range attacks, focusing on the enemy causing the biggest problem. Occasionally, when the mob is targeting someone else, use Vixen Kick or Rabit Bite to get close and deal some damage. Only birds are better than you at dealing damage to a single target, and your presence will help greatly in boss fights.

But beware, you're squishy. Standing toe to toe with an enemy or a Boss is pretty dangerous, so make sure you back enough potions, healers, and Evasion(Your defensive buff that boosts dodge and armor)

Your move Hypnotize can be used to "pull" single targets toward the group, allowing the team to split up encounters into more manageable chunks. Once you've pulled, though, stop firing until the tank draws enough hate to keep you from being turned into a chicken nugget snack.

(After As You Progress)

Rhinos

When you are running low on health, and heal is on cool down, you can use Charge followed by Redemption. This Combo heals your HP 2x the damage you deal, and also boosts your damage by a bit. When fighting enemies, use Summon a lot so they won’t dodge. Your teammates can easily finish them off after. When you see a teammate in need, use Holy Tempest to push enemies away. Also, use Rhino Might to stun enemies, so they won’t be able to harm your team’s delicate Fox or Birds. When all else fails, you can always rev your teammates so they can get back in the action! Don’t forget to use Stone Skin, Vital Force, Guardian, and Brute Force to make yourself more powerful!

Foxes
    Your damage might be slightly less than a bird, but your tactical skills make you very important to the group. When fighting, you should try to use Rage Tonic and Fury as much as possible. Rage Tonic boosts your damage and critical by a lot, while Fury increase your hit% so you never miss. Evasion is good for evading enemy attacks, so once in a while you can fight them hand to hand! Poison Dart slows down an enemy so you or a teammate can escape. Fox Howl deals good damage, but also reduces the enemy’s damage! Hamstring and Armor Shredder is crucial to boss fights. Hamstring makes them dodge a lot less while Armor Shredder obviously reduces their armor. Your group can then finish the boss off much faster. And don’t forget, Rabit Bite + Hamstring = Combo!
    Last edited by IGN Storm; 10-21-2013 at 07:47 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nice knowledgeable post storm thanks a lot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thank you! I'm a lvl 16 enchantress who doesn't know how to use it until now. I now have lightning almost maxed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Thanks for this guide.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

not really sure why the fox is to hang back
    keeping a 8m range even eliminates using 5 of their 8 attack skills, or just 4 if you use hypnotize at farther range, which few starters will have figured out
    I would recommend adding on some str and jumping into a mob