Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Uh oh, I sense trouble up ahead.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Default Uh oh, I sense trouble up ahead.

Following the very recent update of removing the NativeX Plat offers, I think a lot of people are gonna quit PL because they have lost their main source of Platinum. Dunno, it's just my opinion.
    "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."
    Matthew 11:28

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fractite For This Useful Post:

Why should I say I'll have strangers come over to my house!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Yeah without nativex you cant play pl without spending money, trialpay offers suck 3/4 of them require your credit card info or money.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Blame the plat farmers

Alterra's best voted chef and meme creator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Here's a little info from my end.
    Most people never did not do NaviteX offers for big offers, but did them to earn enough plat to respec or such. With navitex gone, the non-spenders will be bound to quit because they won't have any source of free 5-10 plats to respec or change faces or any of that.

Apart from this, fact is, PL is dying, most oldies who returned to game were disheartened by the update and quit again. Now this update will prevent new players from joining or playing any longer. I have no idea what the devs are planning but to me it seems like, they are planning on stopping the game soon. As we all know, a MMO without players in it, is a dead MMO, they worlds are filled with people, which make up the game, without people, its just a blank map. Losing most players in game, they will have a good reason on shutting down the game.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Altaïr Rik Strife Ezio For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Altaïr Rik Strife Ezio View Post
    Most people never did not do NaviteX offers for big offers, but did them to earn enough plat to respec or such. With navitex gone, the non-spenders will be bound to quit because they won't have any source of free 5-10 plats to respec or change faces or any of that.

Apart from this, fact is, PL is dying, most oldies who returned to game were disheartened by the update and quit again. Now this update will prevent new players from joining or playing any longer. I have no idea what the devs are planning but to me it seems like, they are planning on stopping the game soon. As we all know, a MMO without players in it, is a dead MMO, they worlds are filled with people, which make up the game, without people, its just a blank map. Losing most players in game, they will have a good reason on shutting down the game.
    well said good thing i got some platinum from nativex recently before this happened ^_^
    "lol" - Ballins ™
    Pues
    Somemager
    Specifying

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Yeah, that is true.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Bring back Tapjoy 2014 !!!
    "lol" - Ballins ™
    Pues
    Somemager
    Specifying

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Somemager For This Useful Post:

Why should I say I'll have strangers come over to my house!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Unless they make some new free plat offer maker thats better I dont think ill be able to make decent plat again

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Yay take it awaky and don't bring back, please!!! woohoooo! Good job STS!!!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Fearonasking For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

I agree with everything but what makes you think they will stop the game soon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Probably because STS aren't really doing a lot to improve the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...05#post1823805

That doesn't sound like they'll be removed forever...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    384 Posts

NativeX was the only way I could get plat (when the offers actually work). I hope it does not disappear for too long.
    Last edited by programmed; 09-13-2014 at 01:14 PM.

Programmed-Level 85 mage, Praktica-Level 85 rhino

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

It will be back i hope When Al was released They took them down for a while hopefully they bring back or i going to quit

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ssneakykills View Post
    I agree with everything but what makes you think they will stop the game soon?
    With all that the game has been going through :
    1. The update seemed more like a balance fix for PvP. The new sets have new names but almost the same old looks of crystalline, the maps are the same as sand cave ones. So thinking further about it, it all comes down to the old argument of why players with 2/3 pcs should have advantage in PvP. Notice also that L76 and L77 both give their own cap vanity, and the L76 cap vanity hasn't been discontinued unlike the previous cap ones, and there could only be 1 reason for this which is, to balance the PvP system. This was a good thought but to call it their "biggest update yet" was simply a lie (except for the XP needed to cap) since other caps such as Nuri, Humania and Fang had something totally new players were excited about that. There is nothing new in this cap except the 2/3pcs ring one will get on capping, PvP for a while, get bored and leave the game, except those people who are truly hooked to the game and can't leave it till the very end.

2. The cap itself was a disappointment to most players, and hence most of them quit. Now they took out the offers, which doesn't allow one to get the Plat apart from paying for it or being extremely lucky with trialpay. This will be a big let-down for most newbies as I mentioned.

Then who else do you think will play PL? Oldies quit because of lack of innovation in the new cap, newbies will quit because of lack of source of platinum in the game which at some point or another will be necessery to them and not all can buy plats. Then we are left with only those few people people in the game who are hooked to it. Will PL be able to manage server costs and all the backend costs of the game with 90% of players quitting the game? So they might just stop the game and devote their time to develop a new one. That way they will get free server space(in place of PL, where it resides ATM). Get my point bro?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Altaïr Rik Strife Ezio For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

With all that the game has been going through :
    1. The update seemed more like a balance fix for PvP. The new sets have new names but almost the same old looks of crystalline, the maps are the same as sand cave ones. So thinking further about it, it all comes down to the old argument of why players with 2/3 pcs should have advantage in PvP. Notice also that L76 and L77 both give their own cap vanity, and the L76 cap vanity hasn't been discontinued unlike the previous cap ones, and there could only be 1 reason for this which is, to balance the PvP system. This was a good thought but to call it their "biggest update yet" was simply a lie (except for the XP needed to cap) since other caps such as Nuri, Humania and Fang had something totally new players were excited about that. There is nothing new in this cap except the 2/3pcs ring one will get on capping, PvP for a while, get bored and leave the game, except those people who are truly hooked to the game and can't leave it till the very end.

2. The cap itself was a disappointment to most players, and hence most of them quit. Now they took out the offers, which doesn't allow one to get the Plat apart from paying for it or being extremely lucky with trialpay. This will be a big let-down for most newbies as I mentioned.

Then who else do you think will play PL? Oldies quit because of lack of innovation in the new cap, newbies will quit because of lack of source of platinum in the game which at some point or another will be necessery to them and not all can buy plats. Then we are left with only those few people people in the game who are hooked to it. Will PL be able to manage server costs and all the backend costs of the game with 90% of players quitting the game? So they might just stop the game and devote their time to develop a new one. That way they will get free server space(in place of PL, where it resides ATM). Get my point bro?
    Yes I do but if anything dark legends or star legends would or gone by now considering what you said they are even more empty than pl and I would love it if they made a new legends game with a mix or al and pl

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Ssneakykills For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

I completely disagree with your first point. How did fang and nuri's have something new to offer? They were literally the same exact concept, just like every single other cap since sewers. You cap, get end game gear, pvp, then wait for the next update, it's nothing new so I'm confused at what you're expectations are of this game. It's been the same system for 2-3 years.

Personally, I play this game for more than the game itself. I stay because I have spent a large chunk of my life playing this game and I have made extremely good friends that I am as close to as real life friends. You guys need to relax a little on the "PL is dying" statements. There will always be people that are playing this game. Truth is, it's extremely hard to quit. It has an insanely high nostalgic value to people, and I know when I quit I end up missing the game and coming back a few weeks later.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mothwing For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I agree to that. Let's just hope the game doesn't die out by itself. Or in other words, let's hope that people still continue to play the game after all this. Because MMO without people is a dead game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

where is the source that canceling of nativeX is permanent? this happens every once in a while, where NativeX is inaccessible. calm down, you people are trigger finger happy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mothwing View Post
    I completely disagree with your first point. How did fang and nuri's have something new to offer? They were literally the same exact concept, just like every single other cap since sewers. You cap, get end game gear, pvp, then wait for the next update, it's nothing new so I'm confused at what you're expectations are of this game. It's been the same system for 2-3 years.

Personally, I play this game for more than the game itself. I stay because I have spent a large chunk of my life playing this game and I have made extremely good friends that I am as close to as real life friends. You guys need to relax a little on the "PL is dying" statements. There will always be people that are playing this game. Truth is, it's extremely hard to quit. It has an insanely high nostalgic value to people, and I know when I quit I end up missing the game and coming back a few weeks later.
    Most people don't think of PL as a public chatroom where you end up making new friends.

About the point where you mentioned about no new concept : Atleast they didn't copy paste old maps and rename gear/boss/map names. Besides this, dragon vanities were introduced which was a new thing. Also new elites were introduced in Humania and BSM caps.