Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: movement and virtual joystick questions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default movement and virtual joystick questions

I have a few issues with my droid 2 global. Alot of times ill be moving with the joystick and ill just stop moving. Then it'll take a few tries for the thing to get moving forward again. I don't know if that's lag or what.

Also I don't know if this is supposed to happen but when im getting hit by stuff alot of the time I wont be able to move. Is this a part of the game or a problem with movement. I play enchantress so Im just assuming im being stunned for a bit.

2.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #2
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,514 Posts

I've seen this happen to me when my finger accidentally goes off the touch screen.

-ALS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Most mage mobs in game have that normal attack "stun". I get that too when im running through and its attacking me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I have that same problem with the random joystick failure. It can be a little frustrating, but it does fix itself in time. Just keep popping potions if you're getting clobbered.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Same problem here . . . !!!
    Hope we could get a fix on it . But that might be due to the phone efficiency , as there are too many applications running at that time .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
    I have a few issues with my droid 2 global. Alot of times ill be moving with the joystick and ill just stop moving. Then it'll take a few tries for the thing to get moving forward again. I don't know if that's lag or what.

Also I don't know if this is supposed to happen but when im getting hit by stuff alot of the time I wont be able to move. Is this a part of the game or a problem with movement. I play enchantress so Im just assuming im being stunned for a bit.
    Ah! You precisely mention some of the same issues I have with my Droid 2!

1) Movement stopping while using the virtual keypad. Not because my finger is sliding off of the pad either. I can't think of a reason why it seems to happen regularly when playing CTF about 50%-90% the length of the return trip, but it is uncanny!

2) While moving with the virtual keypad my skill buttons will often "lock-up". I have to release the keypad and I'm able to activate the skills. Very buggy.. VEEEEERY inconvenient.

3) While using the virtual keypad to move my character in an arc I am often unable to change directions without releasing the pad first.

I don't believe my screen protector, or oily residue from my hands is part of the issue, though I don't have many relative applications to compare it to.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I have all of these problems and more on the Nexus One. One thing I strongly suggest on Android phones is diving into the system settings and disabling “background data” while you're playing. (There are some widgets for the notification bar to make this easier.) Some apps like Gmail can really hose the CPU at times—I've even had it briefly lock up the UI so that the joystick gets stuck for a bit. I've made some suggestions to Google about how to improve the gaming experience on Android, but we'll see.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mycroftxxx View Post
    I have all of these problems and more on the Nexus One. One thing I strongly suggest on Android phones is diving into the system settings and disabling “background data” while you're playing. (There are some widgets for the notification bar to make this easier.) Some apps like Gmail can really hose the CPU at times—I've even had it briefly lock up the UI so that the joystick gets stuck for a bit. I've made some suggestions to Google about how to improve the gaming experience on Android, but we'll see.
    I've been trying this while playing throughout the day. It's difficult to say if it's actually making a difference because it IS or because I really WANT it to. lol. At any rate, it "feels" better and not only because I don't get paralyzed when an email comes thru. Thx for the tip.