Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gale Force - Underrated

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor:1836198
    Quote Originally Posted by radagan View Post
    Just what I say: where do you need gale in pvp against rogues: stun rogue with fireball then put shieldbthen just combo and heal if you use gale rogue come and attack you and stay little back the range is just too small
    In mobs it's usefull
    Never use Fireball + Gale in same build vs rogues.
    I didnt say fire + gale I said fire + lightning better
    Ign:Fvw

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

The only case you should ever gale in PvP is as replacement to fireball. You do lose in damage output though. Also, it's much easier to utilize without the speed upgrades since I find it actually limits your movement.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Im just curious what skills should I use when I guild clash...should I use heal?or just shield, light, ice, gale?

Robhawk

Quote Originally Posted by Deathlyreaper View Post
    Im just curious what skills should I use when I guild clash...should I use heal?or just shield, light, ice, gale?
    Are you serious? You really ask if you should heal your team? The most important mage skill in clashs is charged heal!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Robhawk View Post
    Are you serious? You really ask if you should heal your team? The most important mage skill in clashs is charged heal!!!
    Its just that there are 2 to 3 wars on my team that does the healing and when I have heal its pretty much pointless because I hardly use it. And it seems that when I do 3 attack skill on guild clash we have a better chance of winning than me using heal to fill the slot and not using it

Robhawk

Its just that there are 2 to 3 wars on my team that does the healing and when I have heal its pretty much pointless because I hardly use it. And it seems that when I do 3 attack skill on guild clash we have a better chance of winning than me using heal to fill the slot and not using it
    You have to "heal" Rogues mana if you want your team to be successfull and also there are short periods when the warriors are weak (juggernaut cooldown) and they are very thankfull when you heal them at this point.
    Dont get me wrong but when you rarely use charged! heal you are doing something wrong and your teammates probably gonna hate you, especially the rogues without mana. If you dont care for your team you will lose and the 3rd attack skill doesnt change much because the sneaky rogues do the "real damage".

Imho there is only ONE true setup for mages in clashs : 2 attack skills, heal and shield. The good players allways have an eye on the teammates health / rogues mana and the mages heal timing is essential for the whole team! So often you are outgeared by the enemy team but they lag of skill and more important teamplay so the team with better teamplay will allways win this. Its all about timing and when all 3 classes do the job they should do, the team will win!

Counterexample are players who can kill nearly everything in a 1on1 but they are totally useless in clashs. Beeing a 1on1-killer doesnt mean you are a good teamplayer and the "rambo" will farm death while the rest of the team is permanently outnumbered... There are plenty of these!
    Last edited by Robhawk; 01-05-2015 at 05:25 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Well, I personally don't like Gale Force, because when it cut through mobs, my character has to stop for a while before moving again, and usually the mobs have unstunned and is chasing me again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Ive respeced my mage to gale to try it. I hate it cus I cant master control and fireball just works better for me. I actually removed my shield from skills. That was a mistake lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Thanks for the info shiny ever since I used gale I can beat wars now in 1v1 but I also noticed that wars that use windmill I usually die from because:when I gale through him it takes a second for me to move and thats when the stun or knockback effect is gone so they use windmill to slow me down eventually I die from that since windmill does like 300 dmg on me every second.....what should I do to avoid his windmill?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Hey guys ever thought of gale , ice, shield, heal? The ice will slow tanks down, plus the extra speed on gale and tanks will never catch you. Plus ice can also slow rogues down from getting their packs. I know ice has a little less damage than light but considering ice's slow down, it could be a very complimentary to skill to gale.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Primeblades View Post
    Hey guys ever thought of gale , ice, shield, heal? The ice will slow tanks down, plus the extra speed on gale and tanks will never catch you. Plus ice can also slow rogues down from getting their packs. I know ice has a little less damage than light but considering ice's slow down, it could be a very complimentary to skill to gale.
    Actually if you look at the skill ice has about the same dmg with light unless light crits and good idea about ice btw ill also try to use ethyl since it slows enemy significantly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Actually if you look at the skill ice has about the same dmg with light unless light crits and good idea about ice btw ill also try to use ethyl since it slows enemy significantly
    Yea i know ice and light have the same damage but when you upgrade light to the 15% plus damage it gets better damage than ice. However ice's damage over time ability might make up for that.

After you respec, tell me how the new ice, gale, heal, shield build goes. Im thinking of respecing too

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

[QUOTE=shinytoy;2002321]Usually I look at wars with windmill as food, so I can't imagine what you're doing wrong. Gale actually gives you a speed boost at the end of the forward thrust. The exception to that is if you hit a wall and, in that case, you come to a dead stop for a few seconds. So, you want to avoid that. I think that your gale timing must be off and you're gailing too far out. Wait until he's a little bit closer so that you can gale passed him as opposed to stopping right next to him. The reason is that gale has a long cool down. So when you gale passed the warrior, run away until you can charge it up again and then turn into him and gale through him again. In between, spam light, and auto attack and use shield and heal in a balanced fashion. Have a pet that can either stun or immobilize the war to give you some breathing for when you get in trouble. As always, use the troll and trees as much as possible when you're in cool down.[/QUOTE

Ok I will try that ty

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shinytoy View Post
    Lol you're making him your guinea pig. True, ice and light have the same damage. However, what makes lighting extremely dangerous is that it has 250% damage on crit. I have roughly 32% (maybe 33, can't remember exactly) crit so I am doing 250% damage basically every third time I hit lighting and lightning has a short cool down. You need these heavy hitting crits to kill a warrior after juggernaut but before next heal.

Do NOT upgrade ice to give you damage over time. Any half way decent mage that hears the "tick tick tick" sound will immediately change skills and curse you. You'll be dead in seconds. Not to mention that the bulwark still curses.

Also consider that ice's slowing effect will not help much. A decent warrior will not be chasing your around after you gale trying to hit you with windmill. Rather, they are going to be in your face with skyward smash, followed by axe throw. You'll have very little breathing room.
    Better than two Guinea pigs anyway i agree with you that crit makes the lightning ability so powerful, however in twink levels it is hard for mages to get even 5% crit without ribbit or any other pet.

I found it very helpful to know that the damage over time ability on ice can be bad if a mage has curse though, thanks for that. Again though since i will be twinking, there will be no bulwarks. Ice's slow down ability may not be affective against skyward smash or axe throw but it may put some distance between you and the warrior when they use windmill or chest splitter.

Btw im twinking at level 26

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Wait a second...won't a rogue's debuff from aim just cancel out your armor bonus? And warrior's axe as well?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Primeblades View Post
    Better than two Guinea pigs anyway i agree with you that crit makes the lightning ability so powerful, however in twink levels it is hard for mages to get even 5% crit without ribbit or any other pet.

I found it very helpful to know that the damage over time ability on ice can be bad if a mage has curse though, thanks for that. Again though since i will be twinking, there will be no bulwarks. Ice's slow down ability may not be affective against skyward smash or axe throw but it may put some distance between you and the warrior when they use windmill or chest splitter.

Btw im twinking at level 26
    Yeah, at 26 you'll hardly have any crit %. Ice is pretty good, and it's actually possible to aim it unlike light that will hit tanks 95% of the time. The slow is really just useless though, and I hope it gets a stronger snare. You have to charge it for it to work, and it doesn't really hinder mobility at all, unlike Windmill's snare that basically leaves you in place. CS has decent range, charging ice will maybe help to kite a few of them, but IMO using a speed pet is more effective for this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by UndeadJudge View Post
    Yeah, at 26 you'll hardly have any crit %. Ice is pretty good, and it's actually possible to aim it unlike light that will hit tanks 95% of the time. The slow is really just useless though, and I hope it gets a stronger snare. You have to charge it for it to work, and it doesn't really hinder mobility at all, unlike Windmill's snare that basically leaves you in place. CS has decent range, charging ice will maybe help to kite a few of them, but IMO using a speed pet is more effective for this.
    Ok so it sounds like ice is't that good compared to light. Even if light doesn't crit much at low levels, atleast it has the 15% plus damage upgrade. I think i may get the following skills for my level 23 twink: light, gale, ice, heal, and shield. Since i won't unlock any extra skills on ice, it isn't that much of a sacrifice to unlock for 1 skill point. Plus it will make me a lot for versatile.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Gale is ONE OF THE BEST its killer lol