Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: juggernaut skill

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

One taunt every 45 seconds is useless. At level 41, rogues and mages are constantly stealing your aggro. You need fast taunts with fast cooldowns.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    One taunt every 45 seconds is useless. At level 41, rogues and mages are constantly stealing your aggro. You need fast taunts with fast cooldowns.

Sorry to say, but you haven't really use jugg much XD, its not 1taunt in 45sec there is a taunt every 5sec(say, I haven't actually calculated it anytime) for 25sec ie till almost half of skill cool down is done....

Nice Art
    Need help?
    Guardian2:Tank ; Guardian3:Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Yes.. especially Sorc & Rogue DOT skill upgrade, always steal aggro..
    Last edited by Newcomx; 12-03-2014 at 09:24 PM. Reason: word
    [Newcomx, Newcomy, & Newcomz]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianTwo View Post
    Sorry to say, but you haven't really use jugg much XD, its not 1taunt in 45sec there is a taunt every 5sec(say, I haven't actually calculated it anytime) for 25sec ie till almost half of skill cool down is done....
    I stand corrected on the point of multiple taunts, however your numbers were a bit exaggerated.

Juggernaut taunts at 1 second, 6 seconds, 11 seconds and 16 seconds, then you have to wait 30 seconds to cast it again. It taunts a maximum of 5 mobs per "taunt" and has the same range as horn of renew. This means a maximum of 7 taunts per minute because it requires charging to taunt.

Windmill taunts at 1 second, 2 seconds, 3 seconds and 4 seconds and then you have to wait 6 seconds to cast again. This means a maximum of 24 taunts per minute. No charging required and aggros up to 3 mobs per "taunt".

Chest splitter gives one taunt every 3 seconds which is a maximum of 20 taunts per minute. No charging required and aggros a maximum of 4 mobs per taunt.

Horn of renew taunts 5 mobs once every 15 seconds (found a bug, it actually taunts with no charge) but is pretty much a mandatory skill (unless you enjoy adventure) so a non-arguable issue.

Axe throw, it is universally agreed, is only good for bosses, but totally rocks for that.

However, the point remains the same. In the remaining 30 seconds you have a useless skill while your rogues and mages are getting smushed. Yes, some would say that the mobs would be dead by the end of 20 seconds, but that depends on the quality of the team. If the team is good enough to kill that fast, you don 't really need jugg, and if they are not that good, they will be dead before c/d finishes.

I just have issues with using a skill that has a super long c/d when there are several other options that do the job much more effectively.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I stand corrected on the point of multiple taunts, however your numbers were a bit exaggerated.

Juggernaut taunts at 1 second, 6 seconds, 11 seconds and 16 seconds, then you have to wait 30 seconds to cast it again. It taunts a maximum of 5 mobs per "taunt" and has the same range as horn of renew. This means a maximum of 7 taunts per minute because it requires charging to taunt.

Windmill taunts at 1 second, 2 seconds, 3 seconds and 4 seconds and then you have to wait 6 seconds to cast again. This means a maximum of 24 taunts per minute. No charging required and aggros up to 3 mobs per "taunt".

Chest splitter gives one taunt every 3 seconds which is a maximum of 20 taunts per minute. No charging required and aggros a maximum of 4 mobs per taunt.

Horn of renew taunts 5 mobs once every 15 seconds (found a bug, it actually taunts with no charge) but is pretty much a mandatory skill (unless you enjoy adventure) so a non-arguable issue.

Axe throw, it is universally agreed, is only good for bosses, but totally rocks for that.

However, the point remains the same. In the remaining 30 seconds you have a useless skill while your rogues and mages are getting smushed. Yes, some would say that the mobs would be dead by the end of 20 seconds, but that depends on the quality of the team. If the team is good enough to kill that fast, you don 't really need jugg, and if they are not that good, they will be dead before c/d finishes.

I just have issues with using a skill that has a super long c/d when there are several other options that do the job much more effectively.
    I was already wondering why you were in that map the whole time ;p

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremyfr View Post
    I was already wondering why you were in that map the whole time ;p
    You know I can't resist when people present a challenge that involves facts..... especially new ones who don't realize I have played warrior since season 1. It's entertaining. He was right though, I have not used juggernaut much. Only enough to decide it is a waste of a skill slot in pve.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

I stand corrected on the point of multiple taunts,
    You had said 1taunt/jugg right?

You know I can't resist when people present a challenge that involves facts..... especially new ones who don't realize I have played warrior since season 1. It's entertaining. He was right though, I have not used juggernaut much. Only enough to decide it is a waste of a skill slot in pve.
    Sorry, if it felt like I challenged you and I know you much older player than me, but I was enough sure that it wasn't 1taunt per skill (45sec) since I had used it from the first ever elite map I ran....
    And I have never calculated it , so I was going to be wrong for exact timing of taunts, and also atleast it was 5sec interval in taunts, its till 16sec ( took back till half of CD of skill, I could go online for a min and check it fast, but on WM I am only getting 3taunts not four )
    And I usually do charge heal so gets aggro, then almost 5sec after I use jugg, and GENERALLY mobs stay aggro'ed by me till that jugg is active, then heal is again ready so I can heal , also there are 2 more skills to get aggro in mean time if I lose ....
    Last edited by GuardianTwo; 12-04-2014 at 12:19 PM.

Nice Art
    Need help?
    Guardian2:Tank ; Guardian3:Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Wimdmill has an extended duration upgrade for the 4th taunt.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Anyone besides me ever notice its all the yelling that warriors do that taunt the mobs.....
    Its not the actual skills its the yelling

Mages only steal aggro when they laugh because the mobs can hear them

Conclusion: Warriors are without a doubt the loudest and angriest class
    Last edited by aarrgggggg; 12-05-2014 at 02:26 AM.
    Retired Officer
    Chivalrous Union
    AARRGGGGGG/ARCHANIST

11. The Following User Says Thank You to aarrgggggg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I don't like jugg for pve... as long as you have good armor then just use the attack skills.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Juggernaut :
    Pros -
    1. can taunt
    2. reduce damage
    3. good in pvp for anti-stun and maps for anti-stun
    Cons -
    1. long time to reload

Vengeful Blood :
    Pros -
    1. Makes u feel like a super saiyan
    2. Infinite mana(specially in pvp)
    3. Shorter reload time than juggernaut
    Cons -
    1. Not so handy in pvp if u get stunned

Conclusion -
    - vangeful blood wins in pve coz juggernaut not so useful in pve if u have health pots(to use when stunned), taunt unlock with windmill n horn of renew
    - juggernaut wins in pvp as it is anti stun n most players in lv41 pvp has stun pets..when i went to pvp with VB then arcane rogues can kill me quickly..they stun me n kill..they dont throw any heal packs but now i go with juggernaut i still die but it takes time n they throw packs(not so much time but more than VB)