Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PL Has gone down

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

@Oxymoron STS had to wait 2 years to make the worst update ever. The point is they are complaining about not getting enough money and theyre not putting any good stuff. So where will the money come from. This cap is definitely just another scheme to make money. Think about it. Everyone wants new stuff. Theres a new pet. Theres a new cap. The required xp is 300k. Do you know how long it would take without constantly spending plat for elixirs? Theres a reason its 300K. A lot of ppl have capped. None that i know without plat. The last best update is probably the daily blessing or maybe Humania. Humania was bettter than BSM to be honest.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mothwing View Post
    Understood, but at least we got updates. The time between BSM and AC was insane.

And I believe the amount of money that you spent, but I think that the number of people that play the game also matters. I bet you that not everybody on AL spends hundreds of dollars on platinum. If they do, we have bigger problems...
    People dont stay just because "atleast we got a new update". It wasnt upto the mark and people are leaving.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bazinga! View Post
    @Oxymoron STS had to wait 2 years to make the worst update ever. The point is they are complaining about not getting enough money and theyre not putting any good stuff. So where will the money come from. This cap is definitely just another scheme to make money. Think about it. Everyone wants new stuff. Theres a new pet. Theres a new cap. The required xp is 300k. Do you know how long it would take without constantly spending plat for elixirs? Theres a reason its 300K. A lot of ppl have capped. None that i know without plat. The last best update is probably the daily blessing or maybe Humania. Humania was bettter than BSM to be honest.
    Im not sure what you base your statements on besides pure opinion. The last best update in my opinion was sewers because the gear was actually balanced and the community was A LOT more friendly back then; many people would agree with this, at least from a PVP standpoint.

Concerning the lack of orginality, I wouldn't expect STS to invest countless hours into designing a new cap when AL brings in what, twice the money? This brings me back to my original point; the game with the most revenue will get the most attention from STS. When the PL community started to decline and STS designed more and more games, the update quality became worse and, respectively, people quit as an effect. So not only are people moving to new games and turning STS's attention elsewhere, there are also people quitting altogether (more specifically not buying platinum) which doubled the rate of PL's decline.

To simplify my point: You're a shoe business. You have one super popular pair of running shoes that brings in 85% of your revenue. You have a second, less popular pair of basketball shoes that brings in the other 15%. So, from a business standpoint, would you invest your time and money into the mediocre pair? Or would you focus your business on the pair that brings in all your money?

Money aside, you can't disagree that when PL was popular (or when AL was not out), we got a steady quality of new updates at a frequent release rate. Or simply put, we got better caps in shorter time.

Ok, if you agree, then look at when AL was released. BSM has been the longest cap and arguably the worst in quality in terms of balance. So, do you really think it's STS's side? Or the people that play the games and support the more popular one? We are simply a test by STS to see which game they need to put their efforts into.
    Last edited by Mothwing; 09-15-2014 at 11:10 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    102 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    If you only understood how much some of us spent only to see it all go to AL and the new "strategy" games, you might change your tune. I could blow your mind if I showed you what I spent (willingly) on PL. Thing is, I know others who spent a ton more than I did. A product which doesn't show a return in investment is no longer a product worth investing in. Us old, grumpy people realized this and parted ways before the bottom officially fell out.
    Moth literally pays $50/week on plat so he can buy families of dragons.

NEW IGN RAGGADORR | I LOVE MYSTICALDREAM

5. The Following User Says Thank You to iceQueen69 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    438 Posts

It's inevitable, everything starts dieing the moment it's born.
    Coots wisdom #37

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Oldcoot For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

People are slowly losing interest in AL. I'm amazed that there are people still interested in this game after 4 years.

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Zylx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Default PL Has gone down

The problem is that they gotta gamble it. For example- If i dont see new content. i dont buy plat. If i see new content i do buy plat. but not untill i see new content. So its hard for devs to decide....if they leave the group with no update they will want one so bad that they will pay. Thats why the long wait on PL last 77 update. To make sure you guys pay. And the trialpay thing for free plat...im glad is off so you guys buy real plat and dont leak it for free. I gotta also agree that this was a bad update, the sets still dont make much difference between savage and swift can still instakill anything....the elite EGG should be OBSOLETE by now. The new sets can barely fight an egg.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Darkterror For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

lol no elite stuff for this new cap ... HUH !!
    LETS KICK EM WITH BOOT

13. The Following User Says Thank You to RaNciDz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I too feel that the Pocket Legends Community has decreased significantly.
    I still remember back in the day...oh the nostalgia :'( . Logging on just so i could play, talk and meet with an abundant of new people in the little pocket legend world that is was.
    Name:  Alterra.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  162.6 KB

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Pl is even worse now this cap was just meant to help the new players who cried about rings ect..no more money spent here im not even gonna cap ill play clash of clans now oh well rip pl

16. The Following User Says Thank You to runnnnn For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by runnnnn View Post
    Pl is even worse now this cap was just meant to help the new players who cried about rings ect..no more money spent here im not even gonna cap ill play clash of clans now oh well rip pl
    Woooh yeahhh on wait nevermind .... Clash.. Of .. Bored.. Tapping... Anywho! Lets Celebrate the positives! Ummm yeah, free respecs and x2 exp days

Oh well, I still love old games

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Nty