Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Arena discussion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by utpal View Post
    lol. having full arcanes and mythics doesn't mean pro or experienced. that's just an advantage.

the current situation is same as shuyal arena in season4. but this planar arena has lil more OP bosses due to these recent changes like SnS buff, bulwark buff, singe buff and tradable elixirs and most important thing is that the loot table of the Master chest has Arcane fossil.
    So one has to fully prepared with maxed out gears (e.g. fir warrior 7k hp and 2.3k-2.5k armour) with appropiate elix

difficulty of arena also maybe due to flooding of arcane rings and other arcane things coz of plat farming.
    Read the comment above yours, I totally agree with what Bigboyblue said

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hercthegod View Post
    A level 41 tank with hellish has 5.2k hp lol

Ign: Manipulativ
    Lol they have 4,8k belive me also armor is kinda 1,5k or 1,4k.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

After a few more attempts its definately not a doable situation for me in legendary gear. Just back to grinding for more gold until I can afford better gear.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

well, this is wat arena is. its not for everyone.
    this arena are for those people who got bored of elite tindirins (coz those were like normals for them).

u can't just win with pink gears and pink pets lol. otherwise whats the difference between maxed out mythic/arcane users and legendary.

if u find this arena hard, then go farm elite golden dragonscale chest and loot a shard first. then think of planar arena.
    Arena is not just for arcane ring users. Stop being a [edited out] and act that way. Just because you own one arcane ring don't mean you have to be such arrogant.
    Arena is not supposed to be for only arcane users. Who told you that?
    Last edited by Arpluvial; 09-16-2014 at 11:51 PM. Reason: inappropriate content

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dex Scene For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mlb2005 View Post
    How many deaths?
    Only a few (and I didn't plat revive, since I was solo). I think twice on Bloodhammer (normal attacks are way too OP), one on Frostir when he enraged (which meant I had to defeat him enraged the whole time), a Glob death, when Vortex pulled me into his windup.

I'm starting to see some strategies and as counter-intuitive as they may seem, it is helping a lot:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...79#post1829079

I'll do a Commentary/Walkthrough on my Elite Chronicles thread when I have a more robust strategy, but the link above are some of my notes.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dex Scene View Post
    Arena is not just for arcane ring users. Stop being a [edited out] and act that way. Just because you own one arcane ring don't mean you have to be such arrogant.
    Arena is not supposed to be for only arcane users. Who told you that?
    lol ok. now go do arena with legendary gear party. goodluck getting arcane fossil.
    also
    m not sounding arrogant but just giving opinion regarding these complaints.
    Last edited by Arpluvial; 09-16-2014 at 11:54 PM. Reason: quote of inappropriate comment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

k so the 2% of the al population with arcane rings can play this. The rest need to get an arcane ring by popping elite dragonscale chests...(pls show me one person who looted an arcane ring from these chests).
    So this is how arena works:
    Rich get Richer
    Average either quit or watch in envy as a maxed out tank finishes the arena solo.
    Poor quit

Caabatric. The one nub sorcerer you wont forget.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Kit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Caabatric View Post
    k so the 2% of the al population with arcane rings can play this. The rest need to get an arcane ring by popping elite dragonscale chests...(pls show me one person who looted an arcane ring from these chests).
    So this is how arena AND PVP works:
    Rich get Richer
    Average either quit or watch in envy as a maxed out PARTY WITH ELIXIRS finishes the arena.
    Poor quit
    EDITED.
    YES. ARENA AND PVP IS FOR MAXED OUT PLAYERS. ITS SAD TRUTH.
    but u can do this arena with legendary gear but after 2seasons
    to STS,
    also there should be easier version of this arena (like elite and hardcore arena mode) so that legendary gear people can hav some fun.

this new arena seems to be like hardcore mode arena atm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

lol ok. now go do arena with legendary gear party. goodluck getting arcane fossil.
    also
    m not sounding arrogant but just giving opinion regarding these complaints.
    I am not doing these with legendary gear Party. Even if i would, there shouldn't be any problem. The game should be fair to everyone. Arena should be doable for any decent gear. Where arcane geared should do it 6-7 mins pink geared people should taks it ages but Still should be doable.
    Stop saying Arcane fossil arcane fossil. The drop rate of arcane fossil should be close to impossible not the difficulty of the arena.
    These are not complaints, these are feedbacks -.-
    And yes you did sound arrogant

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyblue View Post
    So what are people suppose to do who aren't fully geared at endgame? You can't do pvp, you can't do arena. So either pop locks until you are arcane or quit the game? It's pretty sad when even pve is too difficult for your average toon.
    those who aren't maxed out can do pvp twink, farm km3, farm old arena, do elite tindirins.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    200 Posts

those who aren't maxed out can do pvp twink, farm km3, farm old arena, do elite tindirins.
    Old arena?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sakurahb View Post
    Old arena?
    shuyal gladiator arena is old arena.
    u can get Arcane maul from EGPs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dex Scene View Post
    I am not doing these with legendary gear Party. Even if i would, there shouldn't be any problem. The game should be fair to everyone. Arena should be doable for any decent gear. Where arcane geared should do it 6-7 mins pink geared people should taks it ages but Still should be doable.
    Stop saying Arcane fossil arcane fossil. The drop rate of arcane fossil should be close to impossible not the difficulty of the arena.
    These are not complaints, these are feedbacks -.-
    And yes you did sound arrogant
    lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

P2W is so stupid, it made me quit. This game is a piece of crap. At least other games listen to user feedback dam

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to obee For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Lol.
    Isn't old arena is replaced by new planner?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Lol.
    You always make it sound like it's easy lol truth is it ain't easy.
    Your advice is to farm elite Tindirin but bro... That place is no joke, so stop telling us pink legendary players to go farm in there lol and farming locks in brack or km3 for mythic or arcane is just out of the question... Locks are 5/6k atm, so for mythic armor (1.6/7m) you need approximately 250+ locks I know that's possible but that's just the mythic armor set which is much easier to come by now, but I don't think farming locks is gonna work if you're after arcane ring.
    Pvp twinks are all maxed out players lol I don't think a legendary gear endgame player can create a pvp twink account strong enough to compete with the other twinks, made by mythic/arcane endgame players...
    And pls stop telling us to try loot a shard by opening elite golden dragonchests cuz looting one that way is not something that happenes everyday just like looting arcane fossil in this new arena, plus elite golden dragonchests are not that easy to find cuz elite tindirin is not for pink gear lol and dragkin teeth from normal tindirin (40 for elite golden chest) are a pain in the neck.
    Planar arena SHOULD NOT BE for ARCANE ONLY that's unfair everyone should be able to play this NOW bc why do we have to wait for the next lvl cap in order to play an easier arena?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,016 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
    Only a few (and I didn't plat revive, since I was solo). I think twice on Bloodhammer (normal attacks are way too OP), one on Frostir when he enraged (which meant I had to defeat him enraged the whole time), a Glob death, when Vortex pulled me into his windup.

I'm starting to see some strategies and as counter-intuitive as they may seem, it is helping a lot:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...79#post1829079

I'll do a Commentary/Walkthrough on my Elite Chronicles thread when I have a more robust strategy, but the link above are some of my notes.
    This makes me happy. Yeah we all need to work on sharing some strategies so more people can run there. The loot still sort of sucks for all the work you do. You seen any gladiator stuff yet? I did get a helm (lvl 40.. lol) that sold nicely, but seems like they are very rare finds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    This makes me happy. Yeah we all need to work on sharing some strategies so more people can run there. The loot still sort of sucks for all the work you do. You seen any gladiator stuff yet? I did get a helm (lvl 40.. lol) that sold nicely, but seems like they are very rare finds.
    Getting close to 50 chests - not even a sniff at a pink (and lol@fossil odds). All worthless epics so far. Lots of worthless Noble and Shade gear dropping off of the bosses though - freebies for townies and noobs I suppose, because it certainly isn't worth the listing fee.

I still think arena is a bit too OP. Even with combo, it was a struggle for me (died several times on one-hits, and once from a Vortex Crystal :-/).

I mean, I'm no stranger to tough maps and elites, but with Stahl one-hitting tanks that are not on some kind of elixir, I call that absurd.

When STS is at the point that I can almost solo this pure, then I think we have found some balance. But, pure solos right now simply aren't possible. I had more luck soloing elite Rockhorn before the Tindirin nerf, so that should be some kind of indicator.

Granted, I'm still trying, and working out some strategies, but Stahl and BH in particular infuriate me! Stahl because you can't get to a safe distance away in the arena, because it's so small, and BH because every attack is a killer (when pure, on combo, I can only tank his shell shock attack). Ferrix and Glob, I'm cool with. Ruger's poison is a tad bit too intense, but he is doable if you kite and are smart on how you approach him. Mother is straightforward and difficulty level is kind of determined by the environment. Frostir is good, except for the enraged bug and his annoying ensnaring aura which is too restrictive in certain environments (mushrooms in particular).

As far as environmentals, Vortex shouldn't be one-hitting so regularly, but I am glad that they don't drop as frequently. Stacked smoke is grossly OP, especially if you get stunned by Mother. Stuns in smoke = death. Spiders are fine and there are strategies on how to overcome them. Obelisk is silly and should not be banishable. Also, the obelisk is a targeting magnet, which makes targeting the boss nearly impossible if you are on the top half of the arena. Mushrooms are super aggressive, but I don't have an issue with them, because there are ways to control them.

Honestly, only a few tweaks are needed to attain balance. What we see is pretty close, just tone down the DMG a tiny bit on a few bosses/environments, and I think it's perfect!

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by obee View Post
    P2W is so stupid, it made me quit. This game is a piece of crap. At least other games listen to user feedback dam
    You have quit?

Ign: Manipulativ