Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Default Lol merchants...O.o

I am bored since I can't log in so I surfed the Internet and found this
    So cruel huh?

Step One: Mentality

In order to become a good merchant, you have to first cut all ties/bonds with your friends and family. Throw out your conscience, that's not going to help you make mesos. In order to fulfill the the greater purpose of making pixelated money, you need to become a ruthless, heartless, merchanting machine. Words like friends, family, loyalty, politeness, generosity, charity now holds no meaning in your vocabulary. You need to be able to back-stab your friends anytime and anywhere. Back-stab them when they reach 120, back-stab them when they gacha a rare item, back-stab them when they make a pro-item, back-stab them when they're asleep, etc....

Remember, as a merchant, you have no friends. Only business associates and people to potentially scam/hack in the future.

Found this from:
    http://www.basilmarket.com/forum/140...merchant_.html
    This is an another game though, but the buy n sell concept is mainly the same
    IGN:Nonplat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    257 Posts

Well im a failure at merch anyway so i dont think its worth a try backstabbing XD

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisaetoshawker View Post
    So cruel huh?

In order to become a good merchant, you have to first cut all ties/bonds with your friends and family. Throw out your conscience, that's not going to help you make mesos. In order to fulfill the the greater purpose of making pixelated money, you need to become a ruthless, heartless, merchanting machine. Words like friends, family, loyalty, politeness, generosity, charity now holds no meaning in your vocabulary. You need to be able to back-stab your friends anytime and anywhere. Back-stab them when they reach 120, back-stab them when they gacha a rare item, back-stab them when they make a pro-item, back-stab them when they're asleep, etc....

Remember, as a merchant, you have no friends. Only business associates and people to potentially scam/hack in the future.

Found this from:
    A way new level of merching, yet ugly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arachnophobik View Post
    Well im a failure at merch anyway so i dont think its worth a try backstabbing XD
    Lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gensin View Post
    A way new level of merching, yet ugly.
    Never had I seen this kind of "step one"
    Others usually start with attitude: no rush or something else.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

I had merchant friend who sold me lepre for 120k when i was new and poor to help me. He is now twice thrice rich as he is now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    322 Posts

Its sad how many people i know ingame who were once nice and now have no friends, only business associates and people to potentially scam

Or people who were never nice, only merchant mode.

People ask me about expensive mythic and arcane items prices in game cause their "friends" dont want to tell them cause they dont want more merch competition, ugly bah

Spread love and stuff, gogo planar rangers

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to matanofx For This Useful Post:

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by matanofx View Post
    Its sad how many people i know ingame who were once nice and now have no friends, only business associates and people to potentially scam

Or people who were never nice, only merchant mode.

People ask me about expensive mythic and arcane items prices in game cause their "friends" dont want to tell them cause they dont want more merch competition, ugly bah

Spread love and stuff, gogo planar rangers
    This.

From my experience, merchants are the most ruthless, greedy, manipulative, heartless people in the game...as well as some of the nicest. There are all types, I suppose.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

In my opinion you guys are weird. So u are jalous cause the amounts merchers make?? Im a non plat user and merching is the only way to make decent amount of gold.. i have a lot of friends ing and i always giveaway gold time to time.. people who post this probably steel from their moms wallet to buy some plat..

11. The Following User Says Thank You to swoutttt For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

So cruel huh?

Found this from:
    i totally disagree with u. yes i do merch and im quite succesful in my own opinion. and still i have tons of friends around. its up to u which and what to do in situations. the fact that i cn give and fund some of my friends shows only that i might merch some of them doesnt mean i wont pay back them with gratitude after earning some loads of undeniable wealth due to evry items profit that i earn after hoarding items and sell it in a snap. try to give some gifts sometimes . u might found some very good friends and even connecting through their friends by referrals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

I have been merching things since the day i started and i consider myself quite friendly and helpful.
    Not everyone who makes gold via buying low and selling high has sold their soul to make gold this way.
    I am far from the most successful merch, but i do well enough to get by.
    Retired Officer
    Chivalrous Union
    AARRGGGGGG/ARCHANIST

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

So cruel huh?

Found this from:
    I also disagree with this I like to merch a little for my gold but I am none of the above.
    I can remember when I started out in al and couldn't afford a bow I wanted 1 so bad, now I always have low lvl spares to give out to new arrivals in arlor. Hardly heartless

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

I....also disagree....to myself....cuz I believe we don't need to do that to make a lot of money.
    I'm just showing the ugly side of some merchants...maybe?
    Just sharing information
    Sad to know huh?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    474 Posts

In order to become a good merchant, you have to first cut all ties/bonds with your friends and family. Throw out your conscience, that's not going to help you make mesos....

This description sounds like being recruited in Yakuza

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Ive been merchant since season 2 and yes some spred rumors about im greedy but thats things that happens when your succesfull you get haters but you do also have large amount of frinds like me i had many supports behind my sucess from friends so to become a good merch you do oposite never merch against your frinds thats some rules i follow by set my own rules and to become sucess full one of most important is patience thats it... merchanters aint rude well maybe some but you could tell that about same with plat freaks... everyone isnt nice..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    474 Posts

Personally i find merching in this moment very disturbing. People changing prices for their personally need. Merching used to be fun in season 4 ( when i came ) maybe in other early seasons aswell.
    Some weird people with BIG amounts of gold from god knows where ( disgusted to even pronunce it ) changed everything. Personally i find hard to believe someone in this game could own more than 250m+ .

It's bullying atm what happens with merching. I don't try to discourage the young folks who joined the game and want to make a living on their own.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Titanium For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts

Lol!!
    See "STEP-6" on that website, that was awesome. XD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ishtmeet View Post
    Lol!!
    See "STEP-6" on that website, that was awesome. XD
    Hey Ishtmeet
    Lol I actually didn't read the whole article

Step Six: Thank me

After becoming a rich merchant like YuTakeMySpot, come thank me for all of your success and donate some mesos plz!

Disclaimer: The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by WishWell. In no event will I be liable for any of the following: being d/ced by rival FM guilds, hacked by jealous friends, scammed by opposing merchants, being labeled as the trash of MS, getting bitten in the *** by karma.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    117 Posts

I almost fell for the whole " trading 2 elo locks for lv 27 tiki armor for my warrior, lv 27 tiki armor 75k in auction" I called em a noob, they tried to scam me again.
    I was crazy before it was fashionable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ihateppl View Post
    I almost fell for the whole " trading 2 elo locks for lv 27 tiki armor for my warrior, lv 27 tiki armor 75k in auction" I called em a noob, they tried to scam me again.
    I Keep thinking if someone really has the item and he/she pm the scammer then....(imagine by yourself xd)