Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: New arena soooooo awesome!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Angry New arena soooooo awesome!

Ok. This new arena stinks... it really does... the bosses kill tanks so fast... Tell me this... is 6.7k hp a lot to you..? Apperently not to the arena. For the arena, you need a minimum of 7k hp (Warr.) if you dont want to get 1/2 shotted... +1 Arena.

The Singe and Bullwark buffs were WAYYYYY to out of the blue, I had a 5m deal that failed and i felt ok cuz it was onyl 7m bulwark... then the buff happened, and now i cant ever be good in pve again! +1 Arena. (Also I think someone I know *not naming* loved to merch singes around 13m... well... this is what happens when promises and hopes are made high. +1 Spacetime studios. )

Arena is too small, the spiders are way too strong for their own good, basicly.. what scares me is that I used more Hp potions on 1 boss run in arena then I use in elite Tind. in a whole map run... thats horrifying... + 1arena.

I'm scared about planar tombs... if this is what arena is made into, whats to come for planar tombs? (for people who dont know, Yes, this is arena, the bug is fixed... and yes, it seems like the bug is still there, but its not, thats just REALLY op arena). -1 Spacetime Studios.

THIS IS P2W. Well. You wanna do arena? Buy some plat, open some lockeds, get a bulwark or arcane stuff, THEN you'll have a chance! (This whole thing requires P2W... no, there's REALLY no free value in this. making something op as hell that a 6.7k hp tank cant even do 2min of is not free... you guys really messed it up this time..) +1 arena.

So... highlight of the day! I hate endgame, im done with arena and planar tombs, If the christmas or halloween event suck, then logging off end game... forever...

Btw: If you ever want to opose or anything in game, pm my twink Oghuze, I'm ok with haters, let em hate. I speak my opinions, you speak yours!

- Ajaxfalls

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Meemaw For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Totaly agree with you. My Tank with 6.9k hp can't stand on curse/spider/poison for 5sec. I,m using combo VB and Juggernaut can't help anymore.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    251 Posts

My opinion is that this arena and boss/mob strength is designed for future expansion and gears. Yes they made it too hard on release, those spiders and exploding mario mushrooms are horrifying.

I think the devs have already nerfed it a little. I as a tank with 6.4 HP was soloing Frostir prox curse, had to give up due to my damage output being almost non-existent..zzzz.

It's just the start of the new season, so we will def get stronger with newer gear. In an expansion or two we will be wondering what all the fuss was about. Our current stats/gears do make it an immense struggle, hence all the ankhs and lixers flying about.
    Last edited by Xorrior; 09-16-2014 at 07:02 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Xorrior For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Meemaw View Post
    The Singe and Bullwark buffs were WAYYYYY to out of the blue
    Yes, they've only been being discussed for 3 months. Totally out of the blue.

Just about anyone who reads the forums at all knew those buffs were coming. They even tested the Bulwark buff on the public test server.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Totally Agrre > I need like 800-1k pots for rutger... (If I can survive the whole fight, cuz its really difficult to survive it) arena is too difficult >.< +1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

I'll just remind people that Arena is meant to be the toughest of the toughest challenges out there. Its meant to be harder than elites with the increased challenges.

People quickly forget that at lvl 36 cap, the Original Arena was just as difficult as it is now, and with the servers issues now fixed, the arena presents a fair challenge. Its gonna be cheap, its gonna make you rage, its gonna make you cry. BUT thats what its for.

I played today and could not finish a full round after several attempts. There's nothing wrong with not being able to complete the arena. It just means I need to improve my game.

Good Luck.
    <The Collective> Retired Warrior/Born Again Rogue

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hectororius For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hectororius View Post
    I'll just remind people that Arena is meant to be the toughest of the toughest challenges out there. Its meant to be harder than elites with the increased challenges.

People quickly forget that at lvl 36 cap, the Original Arena was just as difficult as it is now, and with the servers issues now fixed, the arena presents a fair challenge. Its gonna be cheap, its gonna make you rage, its gonna make you cry. BUT thats what its for.

I played today and could not finish a full round after several attempts. There's nothing wrong with not being able to complete the arena. It just means I need to improve my game.

Good Luck.
    Also lets remind people that they should be ko ed and with no plat finish this lvl.

I went in with a maxed mage (no arcane ring), me (average mage), full mythic rogue, and a tank.
    Guess the outcome... Rogue 2 hits and dead or was it 1. The second mages shield ran out we were dead. The tank alone didn't survive 30 sec.

Caabatric. The one nub sorcerer you wont forget.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Caabatric View Post
    Also lets remind people that they should be ko ed and with no plat finish this lvl.

I went in with a maxed mage (no arcane ring), me (average mage), full mythic rogue, and a tank.
    Guess the outcome... Rogue 2 hits and dead or was it 1. The second mages shield ran out we were dead. The tank alone didn't survive 30 sec.
    Think of it as insane hard mode. As it should be.
    <The Collective> Retired Warrior/Born Again Rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Good Luck.
    exactly. but I think it's in lvl31 season. I mean Nordr expansion.
    it was damn hard that time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    275 Posts

Good Luck.
    You are completely correct, except one thing... Think of the legendary people...
    The arena IS impossible for them.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ClumsyCactus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jinathedemo View Post
    You are completely correct, except one thing... Think of the legendary people...
    Indeed. I agree, the arena is supposed to be the toughest of the tough! The final challenge! The greatest adversary we have ever faced! But what it shouldn't be is near impossible to play without spending platinum/ankhs or thousands of gold worth of pots with only the very slightest of chances to earn only a measly bit of gold back again. Right now I think lock farming is more profitable than this ^_^

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Meemaw View Post
    Ok. This new arena stinks... it really does... the bosses kill tanks so fast... Tell me this... is 6.7k hp a lot to you..? Apperently not to the arena. For the arena, you need a minimum of 7k hp (Warr.) if you dont want to get 1/2 shotted... +1 Arena.

The Singe and Bullwark buffs were WAYYYYY to out of the blue, I had a 5m deal that failed and i felt ok cuz it was onyl 7m bulwark... then the buff happened, and now i cant ever be good in pve again! +1 Arena. (Also I think someone I know *not naming* loved to merch singes around 13m... well... this is what happens when promises and hopes are made high. +1 Spacetime studios. )

Arena is too small, the spiders are way too strong for their own good, basicly.. what scares me is that I used more Hp potions on 1 boss run in arena then I use in elite Tind. in a whole map run... thats horrifying... + 1arena.

I'm scared about planar tombs... if this is what arena is made into, whats to come for planar tombs? (for people who dont know, Yes, this is arena, the bug is fixed... and yes, it seems like the bug is still there, but its not, thats just REALLY op arena). -1 Spacetime Studios.

THIS IS P2W. Well. You wanna do arena? Buy some plat, open some lockeds, get a bulwark or arcane stuff, THEN you'll have a chance! (This whole thing requires P2W... no, there's REALLY no free value in this. making something op as hell that a 6.7k hp tank cant even do 2min of is not free... you guys really messed it up this time..) +1 arena.

So... highlight of the day! I hate endgame, im done with arena and planar tombs, If the christmas or halloween event suck, then logging off end game... forever...

Btw: If you ever want to opose or anything in game, pm my twink Oghuze, I'm ok with haters, let em hate. I speak my opinions, you speak yours!

- Ajaxfalls
    You dont expect a arena with arcane fossil will just be easy as 1 2 3.. You do realize the consequences of it being easy right? More fossils the cheaper it will get.

Use common sense, Ankh's and Elixir kits ever heard of those before? Both can be free and both can be bought in gold. And its not like you run alone, Theres billions of acane and mythic toons out there, those plat farmers...

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Caabatric View Post

Ever heard of ANKHS?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jinathedemo View Post
    I wouldnt think a legendary will just hop into arcane.

Legendary peeps needs to get mythic set first and then go to the arena. The correct cycle in farming perspective.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gensin View Post
    You dont expect a arena with arcane fossil will just be easy as 1 2 3.. You do realize the consequences of it being easy right? More fossils the cheaper it will get.

Use common sense, Ankh's and Elixir kits ever heard of those before? Both can be free and both can be bought in gold. And its not like you run alone, Theres billions of acane and mythic toons out there, those plat farmers...
    The chances of looting fossils are low lol. Very low.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by obee View Post
    The chances of looting fossils are low lol. Very low.
    Very, very, very low...

I'm approaching 50 Arena Master Chests that I've opened, every single one has been an Epic, no Legendaries, and I can only LOL at the odds of getting a Fossil. Sure, the Fossil is the primary incentive to farm the Arena, but come on! So, at least for me, it is <2% chance of a Legendary (which currently includes Architect gear???) from the chest. If the Fossil is two orders of magnitude more rare, I'm facing a <0.02% chance???

I remember back in S2/S3, Malison was the equivalent of an Arcane pet (he was the best pet for a very long time); but now, who doesn't have Mali? Yes, I get it, Nekro is Arcane, blah, blah, but in time, everyone should stand a reasonable chance to get him if they continue working hard in the Arena, continue running enough elite Tindirin to acquire 15 Vials and get all three Parchments.

The Fossil should be about half the drop rate of an egg off of Arachna (which is pretty rare, IMHO) -you don't see that many of those eggs in auction, and the value hasn't budged by much as this season wore on. I just don't see the market suddenly being flooded by Fossils and Nekro. The pet's value has already dropped by a lot, and I'm totally comfortable with maintaining a high value on Vials. 45m for Nekro is reasonable, even in the face of a double odds weekend and near zero availability on Vials for the past few weeks.

Most farmers will keep one Nekro for their endgame toons (maybe even their twinks as well) before they start selling additional eggs. If that means that in 3 or 4 seasons, the value of Nekro drops to 10-12m, the same way that HJ value has fallen, then that's fair, since we will likely have other things to chase and hope to get tremendously lucky.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

We can get fossils for free without opening locked!! Yes!! But we just don't know when
    It's like lottery, most of the time i don't expect to have any reward
    IGN:Nonplat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
    Most farmers will keep one Nekro for their endgame toons (maybe even their twinks as well) before they start selling additional eggs. If that means that in 3 or 4 seasons, the value of Nekro drops to 10-12m, the same way that HJ value has fallen, then that's fair, since we will likely have other things to chase and hope to get tremendously lucky.
    Well unlike PL(or other games) pets can be opened since level 1, meaning that if they keep having new arcane pets(ofc they will only buff) twinks will be op as well...just my opinion
    IGN:Nonplat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

I dont need fossils. I need happy halloween ap (which is now replaced by mushrom) and i need fun. Hard arena is welcome not impossible arenas. When there is One shot kill it is no skill needed..just need rich inventory, lots of golds to buy pots and ankhs period.
    I can stand if stg stop their majority of players from participating some maps or arena but i cant stand people trolling others and insulting others when they are giving feedbacks on its being too hard for them!!!

You have arcanes? You are more than rich? You farmed so many plats and bought some? The arena is not hard at all for you? Good for you. Give your feedback just like others. Don't go on insulting others that they shouldn't dream about this that, do this that, heard about this ankhs that anks bla bla.
    I go drink some and calm down. Laters

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dex Scene For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dex Scene View Post
    I dont need fossils. I need happy halloween ap (which is now replaced by mushrom) and i need fun. Hard arena is welcome not impossible arenas. When there is One shot kill it is no skill needed..just need rich inventory, lots of golds to buy pots and ankhs period.
    I can stand if stg stop their majority of players from participating some maps or arena but i cant stand people trolling others and insulting others when they are giving feedbacks on its being too hard for them!!!

You have arcanes? You are more than rich? You farmed so many plats and bought some? The arena is not hard at all for you? Good for you. Give your feedback just like others. Don't go on insulting others that they shouldn't dream about this that, do this that, heard about this ankhs that anks bla bla.
    I go drink some and calm down. Laters
    Well, 98% go for the the loot. And you might also, dont tell me you dont need fossil lol, a massive lie.
    Now your just pointing fingers .
    Well its no insult you see, its a suggestion in a interogative form, arena is hard, without spending a little gold you will not suceed, theres plenty of people running it and almost all have mythic gear and almost arcane ring, Not my problem anymore if you take it hard. As because theres always critics in the world.
    Last edited by Gensin; 09-17-2014 at 08:43 AM.