Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: New arena soooooo awesome!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by obee View Post
    The chances of looting fossils are low lol. Very low.
    Well its a start, and its possible but in a very low rate.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Well I've been thinking of a chest that does guarantee to have at least a reward(not junk) like locked.
    The lowest reward for locked is 2k, why not for other hard-to-obtain chests?
    IGN:Nonplat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,017 Posts

Very negative post Ajax and I am sorry you feel that way. You are a fun person to play with and it saddens me to read this. First, arena is hard yup. You have to work with your party and learn the strategy for each encounter. Don't expect it to come easy, it doesn't. Second, StS has done a lot to make the game a balance of F2P and P2W. You can now buy Ankh kits and rev without purchasing plat. The entire last event, all of the non-plat players made bank so your complaints are really invalid.

You don't have to P2W to acquire arcane items. I can name off a lot of non-plat players who bust their butt in the game and have arcanes. You can earn these things by either spending time or money, but it's possible both ways.

I hope you stick around and see the game for what is the most important... meeting friends and sharing in a love for playing a game together. AL is an awesome community!!!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Candylicks For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gensin View Post
    Well, 98% go for the the loot. And you might also, dont tell me you dont need fossil lol, a massive lie.
    Now your just pointing fingers .
    Well its no insult you see, its a suggestion in a interogative form, arena is hard, without spending a little gold you will not suceed, theres plenty of people running it and almost all have mythic gear and almost arcane ring, Not my problem anymore if you take it hard. As because theres always critics in the world.
    I need the fossil but i dont expect to get one. I don't run arena for fossil. When the arena didn't have fossil i still used to run arena 4/5th of my time playing AL.

Iam sorry if i point my fingers at anyone. If you guys do run them well, give the feedbacks without flamming others and try helping others or give suggestions, that all i wanna say.
    Completing the arena with little golds? Last time i defeated glob and bloodhammer, i wasted lots of ankhs and hundreds hunereds of pots and couldn't defeat the next boss stahl so couldn't complete the arena! Its not little gold.
    Anyway i won't be here arguing anyone anymore. I hate fights

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dex Scene View Post
    I need the fossil but i dont expect to get one. I don't run arena for fossil. When the arena didn't have fossil i still used to run arena 4/5th of my time playing AL.

Iam sorry if i point my fingers at anyone. If you guys do run them well, give the feedbacks without flamming others and try helping others or give suggestions, that all i wanna say.
    Completing the arena with little golds? Last time i defeated glob and bloodhammer, i wasted lots of ankhs and hundreds hunereds of pots and couldn't defeat the next boss stahl so couldn't complete the arena! Its not little gold.
    Yes, more people like Kali plz

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...79#post1829079
    IGN:Nonplat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisaetoshawker View Post
    The community needs more people like kali

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    Very negative post Ajax and I am sorry you feel that way. You are a fun person to play with and it saddens me to read this. First, arena is hard yup. You have to work with your party and learn the strategy for each encounter. Don't expect it to come easy, it doesn't. Second, StS has done a lot to make the game a balance of F2P and P2W. You can now buy Ankh kits and rev without purchasing plat. The entire last event, all of the non-plat players made bank so your complaints are really invalid.

You don't have to P2W to acquire arcane items. I can name off a lot of non-plat players who bust their butt in the game and have arcanes. You can earn these things by either spending time or money, but it's possible both ways.

I hope you stick around and see the game for what is the most important... meeting friends and sharing in a love for playing a game together. AL is an awesome community!!!
    Sorry Candy, but atm I don't think the new arena is for the casual player. Anyone wearing pinks doesn't stand a snowballs chance in hell in the new arena seeing as how I'm a full super gemmed arcane mage and I still haven't finished a single run - never mind actually finding a party who can help you complete a full run without dropping a fortune on elixirs, ankhs, and pots.

So I'm not farming deaths or wasting gold on kits, it's just not worth it for the drops. Period.
    Lvl 46 Mage - Sorcerie|Lvl 46 Rogue - Noxbolt

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arkanem View Post
    So I'm not farming deaths or wasting gold on kits, it's just not worth it for the drops. Period.
    This is really the biggest reason for not going. The return on investment in arena is really, really bad. If I were to put a value on the Arena Chests (since you can't sell them), I'd say 7-10k MAX. A single drop with a super-low chance at Planar Gladiator gear, and effectively a zero chance at a fossil. Better to invest in Elite Copper/Silver Dragonchests, at least you can get eggs out of them, and you get three rolls instead of one.

The cost to acquire the Arena Chests far exceed their value right now.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
    This is really the biggest reason for not going. The return on investment in arena is really, really bad. If I were to put a value on the Arena Chests (since you can't sell them), I'd say 7-10k MAX. A single drop with a super-low chance at Planar Gladiator gear, and effectively a zero chance at a fossil. Better to invest in Elite Copper/Silver Dragonchests, at least you can get eggs out of them, and you get three rolls instead of one.

The cost to acquire the Arena Chests far exceed their value right now.
    Well, the plat spenders and the rich always get first dibs on whatever they can manage to get from new content when it drops, so let the plat and gold sink do it's magic until the rest of us can actually play the game without losing everything we have in the process.

I'll just wait till they find the balance for everyone else. >_>;;
    Lvl 46 Mage - Sorcerie|Lvl 46 Rogue - Noxbolt

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dex Scene View Post

Well we must be different perspective, I can do the arena well and I spend like 19 ankhs only, not bragging.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gensin View Post
    Well we must be different perspective, I can do the arena well and I spend like 19 ankhs only, not bragging.
    19 anks. So thats like almost 45-55k gold. Not to mention the hp and mana pots. All for one run. I wont call it costly but its not cheap at all.
    I would love challenges, we all do. But if it wasn't for One hit KO I would love the arena. Anyway i respect your opinions and would be keen to get tips, helps/suggestions from you guys soon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

There are people that still think one can gain arcanes through farming?

Maybe in the past but right now it is impossible apart from fossil.

and in the past 1/1000 made it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Spend gold trying to farm arena. Get nothing in return.
    P.s : not talking about nekro.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,017 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    There are people that still think one can gain arcanes through farming?

Maybe in the past but right now it is impossible apart from fossil.

and in the past 1/1000 made it.
    Yep. There are, but I will tell you that they spend a TON of time playing the game and deserve every single red they own. Do you know Icedblood/Icedgiant? He's one of the CU officers. He farms the heck out of map 2 in Tind elite and has been busy busting it in Arena. I saw he's got some gladiator gear up in CS.. one item was 2m. Recently he was able to buy Kersh for his mage, and he also has glaives and bulwark on his warrior. He does not pop locked and only uses plat in small amounts for rev. When the game is in a lull he farms locked in KM3. The guy is a beast and worked very hard for what he has.

In my guild... Arkanem is now an arcane mage. He figured out how to profit well off the last event, and also does not pop locked and only uses a small amount of plat for rev.

Kyubilixious same thing. Just bought Kershal, he lived in KM3 farming locked and was able to save up for it.

It's possible. Just saying that you can play the game wisely and save you gold up to earn the items you desire. It's NOT easy but I wanted to give you some names of people so you know I'm not just saying it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,017 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arkanem View Post
    Sorry Candy, but atm I don't think the new arena is for the casual player. Anyone wearing pinks doesn't stand a snowballs chance in hell in the new arena seeing as how I'm a full super gemmed arcane mage and I still haven't finished a single run - never mind actually finding a party who can help you complete a full run without dropping a fortune on elixirs, ankhs, and pots.

<3 But you aren't leaving the game over it nor do you QQ on the forums. I 100% agree the loot stinks and it needs to reward us for investing in ankh/plat/pots. Go post in the feedback thread Remi has- we've all been trying to express this sentiment. Trust me when I open my arena chests and get all purples and a freaking architect I'm not happy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

20+ completed and my best loot thus far has been 1 armor from the nordr season 18 purple items, and 1 shade crown of grace.

As per previous posts, the only reason to run arena is to get the achievement points. Running Jarl appears to be much more lucrative which is sad considering running jarl over and over has been a method for slowly making money since season 1...

I will say the graphics and environment is pretty, but that alone isn't enough to warrant running arena. Given that you can't even sell chests from arena now, and I'm not into opening chests, it's another let down.

When it was first announced that they were redoing the arena zone it gave me pause considering the majority of players hate arena - I always considered it the most hated zone in the game. In my opinion the time spent would have been nicer to develop say.... Lower hauntlet! But then again... Lower hauntlet is just a myth right?
    ORIGINAL ART BY CARLOS ORTEGA ELIZALDE
    46 R/W/M | <E N I G M A T I C> | CARROTS

18.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #37
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jexetta View Post
    Lower hauntlet is just a myth right?
    *shifty eyes*
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Justg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Hahahaha Justg! I literally burst out laughing.
    ORIGINAL ART BY CARLOS ORTEGA ELIZALDE
    46 R/W/M | <E N I G M A T I C> | CARROTS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    275 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jexetta View Post
    When it was first announced that they were redoing the arena zone it gave me pause considering the majority of players hate arena - I always considered it the most hated zone in the game.
    Introducing Nordr, the place Where you can one-shot yourself (alpha wolf, the rogues nightmare) freeze about 27 Times per run (least) and Where there is a goat with about as high health as a normal elite boss...

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    615 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    *shifty eyes*
    Haha