Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: New arena soooooo awesome!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Tis true farming planar arena is harsh odds just like opening locks. You use gold/plat for elixir to farm plus gold/plat for revs because well just about everybody gets killed there some.

Majority of the time (just like locks) you use gold and plat for very little gain. You must be very evasive pot spammer if rogue or sorc and if warrior must be op armored pot spammer lol. Just 1 hit for glob took 7k HP from me (7.3k HP total). If fog hits you or mushroom hits you after a hit like that, its over and if u Rev usually at wrong time or while effect/boss right beside you, you die again before you are able to pot to save your life. And if you aren't warrior I guess you die from initial first hit so that's 1 plat possibly spent every time boss attacks.

You do all this for 1 chance of item that could be worth elite value. With locked you get 3 chances. Must do arena 3 times to get 3 items chance worth elite value. similar to locked except you just use 6k and 15 plat.. which is about what some use to try to beat arena one time but must buy elixirs too which are high value cuz of arena now.

If you aren't op geared probably best to open locks/farm elsewhere til u are, you may have a chance to make worthwhile after.

Sacredknight said Jarl puts out more cash for your expense (which very well may be true) unless you are extremely lucky... is it worth it... hmmm I really don't know. you can't farm arena if broke. To farm gold at arena you must be op with op group.

At 46 cap we will work our way up to reg legendaries to struggle to do elites and after you farm pro set of elite gears we will all get to finally struggle to beat arena for whatever item will be worth it at that time.

If you ask me you should be able to get all possible mythic/arcane (with exception to eggs)from locked from elite master chest. You do just get 1 chance after all from completion of arena. Of course odds would still be super low.. but would it be worth while then?

I posted this at other thread but seems appropriate here.

Sorry for long post :-/ and excuse my punctuation I fail at writing etiquette lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    Very negative post Ajax and I am sorry you feel that way. You are a fun person to play with and it saddens me to read this. First, arena is hard yup. You have to work with your party and learn the strategy for each encounter. Don't expect it to come easy, it doesn't. Second, StS has done a lot to make the game a balance of F2P and P2W. You can now buy Ankh kits and rev without purchasing plat. The entire last event, all of the non-plat players made bank so your complaints are really invalid.

You don't have to P2W to acquire arcane items. I can name off a lot of non-plat players who bust their butt in the game and have arcanes. You can earn these things by either spending time or money, but it's possible both ways.

I hope you stick around and see the game for what is the most important... meeting friends and sharing in a love for playing a game together. AL is an awesome community!!!
    Thank you, but my point is although true, someone's comment on this thread was that in a little while we'll have new gear and pets and this fuss about arena being hard will all be behind us. (think it was Xorrior who said that) and that was by far the most releaving comment i've seen so far... its true, i havnt thought that way... I felt because by the time someone makes another 10mil (for me that'll take about a good 3-4 weeks. Then the bulwark will be riased double. my point is if sts expects people to get bulwark and stuff and these end game buffed gear they're in for a surprise... :/ (If you aint got 8m+ now, and you dont make it to 8m+ in about a week, you'll be a warrior without bulwark forever... unless you loot from one of those 70k each lockeds that drop greens...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

Ppl hit the nail on the head. Arena isn't meant for under geared players. Its meant to be difficult for top geared players who already excel at the game and have a solid grasp of the mechanics of the game.

Its not meant for the casual gamer.

But a valid point is made. There should be more than just a single arcane that is worth anything inside the chest. Why not add some mythic drops as well so that the end is justified
    <The Collective> Retired Warrior/Born Again Rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    Yep. There are, but I will tell you that they spend a TON of time playing the game and deserve every single red they own. Do you know Icedblood/Icedgiant? He's one of the CU officers. He farms the heck out of map 2 in Tind elite and has been busy busting it in Arena. I saw he's got some gladiator gear up in CS.. one item was 2m. Recently he was able to buy Kersh for his mage, and he also has glaives and bulwark on his warrior. He does not pop locked and only uses plat in small amounts for rev. When the game is in a lull he farms locked in KM3. The guy is a beast and worked very hard for what he has.

In my guild... Arkanem is now an arcane mage. He figured out how to profit well off the last event, and also does not pop locked and only uses a small amount of plat for rev.

Kyubilixious same thing. Just bought Kershal, he lived in KM3 farming locked and was able to save up for it.

It's possible. Just saying that you can play the game wisely and save you gold up to earn the items you desire. It's NOT easy but I wanted to give you some names of people so you know I'm not just saying it.
    These players took a route that origined from a different period, where the game loots worthed something so if they put a lot of time and costant effort, saved up, you could "aspire" to a arcane staff.

It is always possible yes but realistically speaking:

Kershal 20m, i will remove 5m due to merching now its 15m
    Lockeds 5k list it lose 300-400gold fee =4.7k
    Kershal divided by lock= you will have to loot 3191 lockeds.

Magmatic totems 600k listing fee 30k =570k
    Kershal= 15m
    Kershal divided by totems=26

Consider i also remove the cost of every run both in kits and pots.

This are all acheiveable goals that requires a no life gameplay and tbh i know many that where saying they never popped crates and never bought plat, when i asked them wow how did you get all those stuff man they would tell me ' farmed lockeds and merched: Majority of them are banned now.
    Last edited by Anarchist; 09-18-2014 at 03:07 AM.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anarchist For This Useful Post: