Thread: Long range weapons for warrior + new types for rogue & Sorc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Default Long range weapons for warrior + new types for rogue & Sorc

Ok some people may disagree but if you do I'm confused as of why. Why can't warrior use throwing axes or long range flail's to hit at more of a distance.

All classes but warrior have a choice of long or short ranged weapons to use, but warrior just gets 1 skill that is long range. Why couldn't their weapons be similar to those of other classes.

Rogues could have whips and sorcerer could have spell books so that all classes get a updated useful new weapon. All a mage would have to do is equip a fireball spell book and (mana free) could hurl fireballs or lightning bolts with their bare hands. Rogues could use whips for long range melee with less damage than bow but more than daggers.

It would change the playing field in many ways and bring interesting procs as well. Could you imagine arcane whip that had the ability to steal health and mana... I bet you can... or a arcane spellbook with chance to make mana used free for all of the party within a radius for a time period or arcane throwing axes with chance to cause harsh bleeding over extended periods... oh yes yes we all can.

I don't know about you but all those ideas sound sweet to my fingers as I type them and I believe would enliven arcane legends to a point never imagined. Of course there could be legendary versions as well with excluding epics or rare types.

If you are able to picture this like I can, then most of y'all probably got wet spots in your pants! If these concepts had come from STS in a update how would you feel?

Please express those feelings here in this thread and maybe put some of your own ideas into our minds so we may drool further with these tasty concepts.

If you like this idea please +1 it and tell more. These are just thoughts so a galaxy far far away is the limit.
    Last edited by spimeslam; 09-17-2014 at 08:21 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spimeslam For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Warriors have a ton of hp and armor so I don't think you need range. And the other classes would have even more trouble trying to hit the beast. Maybe a crossbow would do good. It will slow you down 25% in exchange for the chance of ignoring a certain amount of armor depending on rarity and level. Rogues: everything seems good. Smurfs: instead of calling them spellbooks, what about tomes?

Other than this, you are gonna be rich
    +1
    EAT YA VEGGIES OR ELSSSEEEE!
    Here are my toons
    Ramramlord Lvl 69, Angrylord Lvl 20, Bustalord Lvl 15

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Tomes is a good idea. I had to fix my reply sorry. But warrior can't be slow because they are relied on to go to battle first and by this everybody would have to wait.
    Last edited by spimeslam; 09-17-2014 at 08:38 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Btw I doubt I will get rich from my idea ,or if so lol, how would i.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

I like the new weapons for rogue and mage, but not the idea of having long range warrior weapons.
    Rogue: Angelicdove
    Mage: Intfire
    Warrior: Speedoftank

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

The ranged weapon for warrior would be about speed of bulwark and damage would be medium without armor bonus. So it isn't like bow for rogues or gun for mage but would give warrior ability to kite rogues or mages in pvp and do same to mobs. If I 1v1 at pvp rogue just evades me and I can't ever hit them with melee aside from using skyward smash to move to them (I don't use axe throw skill). But they easily escape my range.

Warrior would sacrifice certain stats for the ranged ability so it wouldn't be op. Just think how it could be done equally while the other classes have whips and spellbooks. Time for warrior to shine a little more than what they do right now. I've seen many games where warriors have throwing ability so this isn't unheard of. Warriors can be tank but what else can they be.

We have potency, assault, tactics, will etc... what if we make another one. This type for each class (idk call it evasiveness set for now.. but I'd love to hear what others think it could be called) would be ideal for these new weapons if you were to have a full set. It may make armor and HP lower for warrior but it would maximize their damage to something similar to how mauls are if u had a full set of this type, but they would lack HP and armor. it will overall be a forfiet of the tanking ability. It isn't just super buff warrior with ability to slay at a distance. A ranged warrior could kite a melee warrior but face to face the ranged warrior would die most likely. But keep in mind something similar would be done to the rogue and mage that had full set of the same gear with weapon to set this build apart from the other builds while keeping all builds useful in their own way.

What's stopping a tank warrior and a ranged warrior and a book mage and a whip rogue from doing elites... nothing. It will make the warriors melee skills have to be timed because otherwise they would take heavy damage but very similar to a rogue with daggers at elite has to be cautious while meleeing.

We could just make the throwing weapon for warrior and forget the gear set though. Just bringing ideas that will add elements to this game that would be new and fun for everybody to try out. I'd love to hear more ideas how we could make it work rather than just saying I don't think its a good idea... think what would make it a good idea and go from there. if you don't think its a good idea that thought doesn't expand the game. more skills will be added in the future and they could be crafted with these new weapons in mind.

Lets make the game grow not just give up and stick with same old same old. The game should become more in-depth and versatile. Keep a open mind everybody please and thank you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by spimeslam View Post
    Ok some people may disagree but if you do I'm confused as of why. Why can't warrior use throwing axes or long range flail's to hit at more of a distance.

All classes but warrior have a choice of long or short ranged weapons to use, but warrior just gets 1 skill that is long range. Why couldn't their weapons be similar to those of other classes.

Rogues could have whips and sorcerer could have spell books so that all classes get a updated useful new weapon. All a mage would have to do is equip a fireball spell book and (mana free) could hurl fireballs or lightning bolts with their bare hands. Rogues could use whips for long range melee with less damage than bow but more than daggers.

It would change the playing field in many ways and bring interesting procs as well. Could you imagine arcane whip that had the ability to steal health and mana... I bet you can... or a arcane spellbook with chance to make mana used free for all of the party within a radius for a time period or arcane throwing axes with chance to cause harsh bleeding over extended periods... oh yes yes we all can.

I don't know about you but all those ideas sound sweet to my fingers as I type them and I believe would enliven arcane legends to a point never imagined. Of course there could be legendary versions as well with excluding epics or rare types.

If you are able to picture this like I can, then most of y'all probably got wet spots in your pants! If these concepts had come from STS in a update how would you feel?

Please express those feelings here in this thread and maybe put some of your own ideas into our minds so we may drool further with these tasty concepts.

If you like this idea please +1 it and tell more. These are just thoughts so a galaxy far far away is the limit.
    I had the idea of ranged warrior weapons in my head for sometime now, thanks for bringing it up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Lol warriors don't have range? Make a rogue/mage and versus a war.
    A good warrior will stuck like glue to your bum and follow you to hell throwing stuns left and right shifting you from your packs just when you need them most.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anarchist For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

spell books +1
    Fear is my second name...sometimes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

I donīt like long range idea for warriors, dual weapons (sword to each hand) will be fine :-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

I like this idea of new weapons +1

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

I'd be good with the ranged warrior idea if it cut their health and armor by 50%. Otherwise they would be too op with 6-7k health and a ranged attack.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Its not a bad idea. Give the warriors a higher damage option while sacrificing health. Maybe set it up in a way you would have to put some points in dex to get your max damage. Then maybe a warrior could get invited to kracken mines party. LoL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Just because a warrior could use ranged weapons doesn't mean each attack would be like the axe throw skill. It fully depends on the proc for said weapon that would matter if it smacked you around or stunned you. Rogues shoot and they don't stun or smack images around. But all classes have this ability to be stunned so skills fail or pet attack stuns or smacks you (sqaush) to keep you from packs or health pickups.

I like ideas that expand on the thought of this, even duel wielding would be a good step but rogues do this already. I was aiming to bring lunique weapon types for each class to up the arsenal and create different choices of playing styles for the overall experience of the game.

Think of this... what if we made a NPC that could change your base stat for price of plat or gold(gold sink). I know that would create all sorts of issues but with work and creative thinking it could be done.
    And this also would make pets that are bad for some classes useful as of now many pets (while fun to collect) really are a bad pet for for certain classes. We don't have to add this ability but just think how it would make the game better.

Just post all ideas here and keep an open mind to how this could work. Just think of how we can broaden the game to keep it enjoyable for years to come. If STS hits a wall in one of their games they move on and make a new one.. but we could combine this games thoughts with other ideas that would keep it the same game but fresh like it is a new one.

Thank you all for your thoughts and input I respect and value each of them and have fun reading them too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Bump