Thread: Need PL Financial Advisor

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Default Need PL Financial Advisor

Looking to pick the brains of our best PL financial experts. I just popped in and peeked at the current CS prices and am pretty amazed at the current prices for elite gear. Like the stock market, when you get the news on TV and paper, you're already too late. All the prices are in the downswing even though everyone's still speculating when this new release is coming out. Now, knowing that people are going to need these goods to run the new campaign and knowing that void and rift are only going to become more scarce with less people farming it, would you buy, sell or hold at this time?
    Kindread - Lvl 56 Pink-Magnet ("Pink Taco!")
    Grendel - Level 25 Operative, Vicar - Noob Engineer, Emissary - Noob Commando

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Which gear are you talking about?

I quickly finished my cyber series on one character to see if it can actually replace my rift. Technically, yes, if I don't complain about the lower regen, damage, and other stats. Though I'm personally keeping one of each set, rift void cosmos.

I have read a bit, and it might be possible, that the rift/void/cosmos gear might be the new booster gear for dual spec-ing at 55. Nothing confirmed yet, as we have no idea how or what the 55 gear will be like, but between the 3, rift/shadow/cyber sets, the rift seems to be the friendliest in dual spec-ing. Lowest required stats, but only 1 point difference.

My guess, people will sell off all the gear they can now cheap. When the new campaign comes out, and when the new gear starts pouring in, and if dual spec-ing is only possible through rift/void/cosmos, they're prices are gonna go up again. Just a guess though, I still see it VERY risky to even invest in these ao3 pinks now for the hopes of its need later.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

The new release was already sumitted to Apple. It will only be a week or 2 before it is out.
    AL - Atomictreeguy - lvl 20 Sorcerer
    PL - Atomictree - lvl 46 Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tree Dude View Post
    The new release was already sumitted to Apple. It will only be a week or 2 before it is out.
    Was it? Did G say so in the thread? Checking...

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    Was it? Did G say so in the thread? Checking...
    1.7 has been submitted. JustG said that in chat two days ago. 1.7 release thought does not mean level cap with it, just preparations needed for new campaign.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

WOW. Didn't know that, thanks fluff!

I'm gunning for guilds + end game system in 1.7!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I keep thinking that people might be making a big mistake fire selling all their shadow gear. I dont think the Devs are going to admit defeat on the epic fail shadow caves. They called the gear the best gear in the game. I think they're going to give players a reason to go back there even with the expansion. I'm holding on my shadow gear.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Morawk View Post
    I keep thinking that people might be making a big mistake fire selling all their shadow gear. I dont think the Devs are going to admit defeat on the epic fail shadow caves. They called the gear the best gear in the game. I think they're going to give players a reason to go back there even with the expansion. I'm holding on my shadow gear.
    The set bonus would make quite a difference but the gear would still drop in price if lvl55 gear comes out. Mind you I gave away a shadow set to a random bird a couple days ago... Poor guy was taking verbal abuse trying to play in the caves with a level 44 (i think) and he truly was trying so I felt like making his day

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Morawk,

I just got rid of it because there's bound to be a ton of it out there when the 1.7 does come out. It'll spike, but I think I dumped early enough to not take a beating.
    Beefymeat - Lvl 55 DexBird
    Deiacev - Lvl 31 Vamp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re dual speccing, There will be a total 280 attribute points after reaching level cap. For int/str, that gives you about 139 points each (dex gets two by defaultfor mages). Too low for rift/cosmos. Four Thoth/Osiris will get you to 171, which I'm guessing is probably more than enough to gear up for the new levels. If not, add one rift or cosmos to make it 174. If you have the cyber gear, then it's already free.

Basically, the point is that i think rift/cosmos/void will be the new Thoth/Isis, whose prices dropped to nothing after ao3 came out. At least, the prices won't be in the insane 300 to 500k levels they used to be just because of dual speccing.

I'm still keeping mine, though. I worked hard for those things.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Interesting chronn. Never actually bothered doing the math til now. I'm hoping the stat req jump will be consistent and not have a sudden boost which would prevent dual spec-ing.

Also, 55x5 = 275 points, so that's roughly 137 added to each possible stat, so 139 Str and 144 int? Yeah, they seem enough for Thoth/Osiris/Horus gear. I just hope reqs are low enough to fit them into 4 loadouts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I just had an epiphany. If I start liquidating all my gear to prepare for the new campaign, I'm just going to cheat mysel out of the fun of farming for new stuff. It'd be too easy to buy everything and once you hit 55 and have the best endgame gear, it'll be Doh what's next again and back to farming to increase the gold hoard. I think I'll just hang onto all my gear.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Yo G said it be out in a week or so =)
    http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/8743/cerealsigpicfinal.png
    Signature Credits: Rebel