Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: NativeX Fraud Resolution | Official Discussion Thread

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,905 Posts

Default NativeX Fraud Resolution | Official Discussion Thread

Recently, Spacetime Games CEO Gary Gattis made the following announcement about the NativeX Fraud situation in Arcane Legends: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...aud-Resolution

Please use this thread to discuss and ask questions. The Spacetime team will do their best to address all of your concerns.

If you have been banned and have concerns about your account in particular, please contact support by going to support.spacetimestudios.com and clicking "Contact Us" to submit a ticket. For the promptest assistance possible, please select "NativeX Ban" as the reason for your inquiry.
    Last edited by Remiem; 09-18-2014 at 10:20 AM.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Remiem For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Thank your for taking care of this problem. Will NativeX be back eventually or is there gonna be a whole new way to earn plats? Im a player who doesnt spend money on this game and this was my one way i could open lockeds or buy pets with plat. It would be great for people like me if u guys did but i would rather not have plat then people abusing the system.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Woundedwarrior For This Useful Post:

5.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #3
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Woundedwarrior View Post
    Thank your for taking care of this problem. Will NativeX be back eventually or is there gonna be a whole new way to earn plats? Im a player who doesnt spend money on this game and this was my one way i could open lockeds or buy pets with plat. It would be great for people like me if u guys did but i would rather not have plat then people abusing the system.
    We won't even consider re-implementing NativeX until they address the fraud issue. That being said, we are working right now to provide you with quality alternatives asap.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Justg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Sounds good but from my knowledge, the worst offenders are using alternative emails, convert the platinum to gold and move it either through another alternative account (or friend) to their main account. This is not only done through trades, it's also done by listing items in the auction house (with main account) for several hundred times their value in order to safely purchase the said item with the alternative account as no one else would think to buy it. Also, they delete the alternative emails after the process and some are even using different devices to stay untraceable.

So my question is, can the research team dig deep enough into this? What about the platinum that has been "converted" to high-end locked chest items which have then been moved or sold? And lastly, why would you announce this instead of completing the action first? An expected and logical reaction from whoever participated in this fraud would be to immediately move his gold and items to a different account after reading this, resulting in extra work for the research time or possibly the offender getting away with it.
    Last edited by Madnex; 09-18-2014 at 10:42 AM.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Madnex For This Useful Post:

9.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #5
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,905 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    Sounds good but from my knowledge, the worst offenders are using alternative emails, convert the platinum to gold and move it either through another alternative account (or friend) to their main account. This is not only done through trades, it's also done by listing items in the auction house (with main account) for several hundred times their value in order to safely purchase the said item with the alternative account as no one else would think to buy it. Also, they delete the alternative emails after the process and some are even using different devices to stay untraceable.

So my question is, can the research team dig deep enough into this? What about the platinum that has been "converted" to high-end locked chest items which have then been moved or sold? And lastly, why would you announce this instead of completing the action first? An expected and logical reaction from whoever participated in this fraud would be to immediately move his gold and items to a different account after reading this, resulting in extra work for the research time or possibly getting away with it.
    The bans were indeed completed before we made the announcement. As for digging deep to find the main account of the culprits, we did spider out and ban any accounts associated with the devices of known scammers. In other words, if you had an account that was in any way connected to a plat farming account, it was also removed.
    | | | |

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Remiem For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Thank you so much, Gary/Remiem!

This has been a HUGE problem over the past year, and I'm extremely glad that this has been removed from the game. Please look into whether the TrialPay system can be abused in a similar way...
    Also, as stated above a lot of players used alternate accounts and multiple devices, so is there any way that you can track the IP addresses of accounts linked with platinum farmers? The reason I say this is because people have been abusing VPN, where they change the IP address of their device so they can receive different offers. (if i understand this correctly). If you track IP addresses, you will be able to see who has been either an extremely frequent flier (which is doubtful), or who has been abusing this way of plat farming, also.

Anyway, keep up the great work. The economy will begin to equalize itself now. =D
    Last edited by raw; 09-18-2014 at 10:47 AM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to raw For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Go remove trialpay for being useless pls.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Appeltjes For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

This means also a "clean" up in leaderboards. Nice job sts. Get them all.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Higuani For This Useful Post:

Vls

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    The bans were indeed completed before we made the announcement. As for digging deep to find the main account of the culprits, we did spider out and ban any accounts associated with the devices of known scammers. In other words, if you had an account that was in any way connected to a plat farming account, it was also removed.
    Thanks for the reply! What about deleted accounts though, are their IP/device ID/chat/trade logs saved for at least a certain time window and then removed or they're deleted the moment the user deletes the account? I'm emphasizing on this question because 90% of the hyperinflation on high-end items was caused by that last group --the heavy offenders-- and it's well known that they've done this in order to escape possible bans. So if the spidering out was based just on whoever logged through that device before, it won't really affect them since another common means they utilize is device factory reset.

There's no need to answer the specifics of this question in public, I'm just making sure you're aware of that information in order for all this plat-farming counteraction to be actually effective. Thanks.

18.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #10
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    Thanks for the reply! What about deleted accounts though, are their IP/device ID/chat/trade logs saved for at least a certain time window and then removed or they're deleted the moment the user deletes the account? I'm emphasizing on this question because 90% of the hyperinflation on high-end items was caused by that last group --the heavy offenders-- and it's well known that they've done this in order to escape possible bans. So if the spidering out was based just on whoever logged through that device before, it won't really affect them since another common means they utilize is device factory reset.

There's no need to answer the specifics of this question in public, I'm just making sure you're aware of that information in order for all this plat-farming counteraction to be actually effective. Thanks.
    We're aware, thanks.
    | | | |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skeuedris View Post
    This is very serious, I remember one day a friend told me that he had lied to Nativex, telling him that he had not received the download 120 platinum, but really only he must to get 4 platinum and soon Nativex added 120 platinum his account, that too is considered farming platinum. I think the Nativex should implement other system where maked case study, for example, ordering the IP of the device or other things that make the claim.

Sorry for my bad english xd
    Then your friend is lying, nativex can also see how much platinum they have to reward for an offer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Wow...O.O i'm just in shock.that this even has to be posted.

I see what Mr.Gattis is saying..but how is that a players fault that they will get banned. It's not the players fault that offers award the players (All the time XD)..so thats why they kept doing them. Even tapjoy has that problem (i'm not farming there offers...considering i like to earn stuff )...with the current game i'm playing is Dead Trigger 2. Many don't use forums..and many will get some unpleasant surprises. But i'm not here to argue the decision to ban players, but to im here to see the reasoning behind the madness.

As for the plat scam..i'm glad its being looked into. But I dont think its an easy fix for many players since there isn't 1 service thats reliable...Either the offers work..and award you all the time..or they dont...I wish you guys luck on finding a new service for people to use.

Maybe like dead trigger 2...there has to be a way to do a daily mission that is account based (1 gold daily in this case 1 plat)..but im sure anything exploitable....will be exploited XD. unless tools are developed to detect an exploit....like cashing in the plat and a low level and then do a trade of gold. (then they get a nice popup...like do this again and you will get a perma-ban )
    Last edited by octavos; 09-18-2014 at 11:15 AM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

i want to thank you sts frm the bottom of my heart for this
    BAKLOLZ
    Guild Master of Immaculate

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Thank you STG!!!
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Since lots of people got banned and all there gear has been deleted, is there gonna be a way maybe to bring their gear back into the game. Im just thinking most of the banned people had the expensive/rare vanities and it would be a shame to have all those be gone forever considering there werent that many to begin with. Can you possibly hold contests to distribute their items or find another way to bring these items back into the game?

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Woundedwarrior For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Thank you STG!!!
    This.

THANK YOU STS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Thanks a lot for making AL a better place. This decision has made me and i am sure many other's who has spend RL money on buying plat feel a lot better.

28.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #18
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,905 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by octavos View Post
    Wow...O.O i'm just in shock.that this even has to be posted.

I see what Mr.Gattis is saying..but how is that a players fault that they will get banned. It's not the players fault that offers award the players (All the time XD)..so thats why they kept doing them. Even tapjoy has that problem (i'm not farming there offers...considering i like to earn stuff )...with the current game i'm playing is Dead Trigger 2. Many don't use forums..and many will get some unpleasant surprises. But i'm not here to argue the decision to ban players, but to im here to see the reasoning behind the madness.

As for the plat scam..i'm glad its being looked into. But I dont think its an easy fix for many players since there isn't 1 service thats reliable...Either the offers work..and award you all the time..or they dont...I wish you guys luck on finding a new service for people to use.

Maybe like dead trigger 2...there has to be a way to do a daily mission that is account based (1 gold daily in this case 1 plat)..but im sure anything exploitable....will be exploited XD. unless tools are developed to detect an exploit....like cashing in the plat and a low level and then do a trade of gold.

The way we see it, we made multiple warnings that plat farming as a serious and bannable offense, and some people chose to continue doing it. For those that weren't doing it egregiously, the ban is only temporary and they will be able to come back to the game. But there were some offenders that the severity of their scamming just could not be ignored and they needed to be permanently banned. We are working on finding quality alternatives to earn free platinum soon. As with anything, there's always the possibility of exploit. It's just our job to make sure to shut it down if that happens. Thanks for your suggestions, octavos!
    | | | |

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Remiem For This Useful Post:

30.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #19
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,905 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Woundedwarrior View Post
    Since lots of people got banned and all there gear has been deleted, is there gonna be a way maybe to bring their gear back into the game. Im just thinking most of the banned people had the expensive/rare vanities and it would be a shame to have all those be gone forever considering there werent that many to begin with. Can you possibly hold contests to distribute their items or find another way to bring these items back into the game?
    Unfortunately not. All gold, platinum and items that were on banned accounts will be removed from the economy.
    | | | |

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Remiem For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

ooooo nice one !i wanna sing ...but feel bored in al ......